PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to see what Brohm can do this year?

yordad
12-19-2009, 04:30 PM
Would you like to see what Brohm can do this year? Or would you rather go into the off-season and draft having no idea?

yordad
12-19-2009, 05:23 PM
Well, those who picked the first option, as I have, Typo think you are all ignorant ******s. :up:

Luisito23
12-19-2009, 05:25 PM
I would like to see him play Yordad, but it makes too much sense, thus it wont happen.

Yasgur's Farm
12-19-2009, 05:53 PM
No need to expand an argument to another thread brah. PM and make-up time.

Yasgur's Farm
12-19-2009, 05:54 PM
BTW... I agree no QB in the draft would be better than Jason Campbell... We need to groom Brohm and an upper mid round QB.

X-Era
12-19-2009, 05:57 PM
BTW... I agree no QB in the draft would be better than Jason Campbell... We need to groom Brohm and an upper mid round QB.

When? Thats the question.

Day one in their first start? No. After 2 years of starting? Maybe.

Yasgur's Farm
12-19-2009, 06:20 PM
Jason Campbell is ranked 14th at this point. Considering all the QB's drafted in the last 3 drafts, the highest ranked is Flacco at 16... And it gets much worse from there.

My logical conclusion is that Jason Campbell will outperform any QB taken in this draft for at least the next 2 seasons... Probably 3.

X-Era
12-19-2009, 06:26 PM
Jason Campbell is ranked 14th at this point. Considering all the QB's drafted in the last 3 drafts, the highest ranked is Flacco at 16... And it gets much worse from there.

My logical conclusion is that Jason Campbell will outperform any QB taken in this draft for at least the next 2 seasons... Probably 3.
I see your point.

Thats just 3 drafts though.

You still have guys like Rivers, Roeth, and Manning (both), McNabb, and even Vince Young.

Id give you that Campbell should outperform any rookie for the first year. After that, I think it could change. Peyton makes that point:

1998- 71.2 rating, team went 3 and 13
1999- 90.7 rating, team went 13 and 3

Yasgur's Farm
12-19-2009, 06:27 PM
21 - Ryan
23 - Henne
24 - Quinn
28 - Sanchez
29 - Stafford
31 - Freeman
32 - Russell

X-Era
12-19-2009, 06:34 PM
21 - Ryan
23 - Henne
24 - Quinn
28 - Sanchez
29 - Stafford
31 - Freeman
32 - Russell

Does this indicate a trend or 3 bad years of QB drafts, really two if you consider that it takes at least one year, usually, to get good play out of your QB.

Yasgur's Farm
12-19-2009, 06:35 PM
I see your point.

Thats just 3 drafts though.

You still have guys like Rivers, Roeth, and Manning (both), McNabb, and even Vince Young.True but...

Rivers never saw ther field the 1st 2 years
Roeth had the benefit of a great running attack and D
Neither Manning faired all that well their 1st 2 or 3 years
McNabb's took 5 years to get a passer rating over 86

Yasgur's Farm
12-19-2009, 06:36 PM
Does this indicate a trend or 3 bad years of QB drafts, really two if you consider that it takes at least one year, usually, to get good play out of your QB.I dunno... too many wines at this point.

BillsWin
12-19-2009, 07:13 PM
If and when we lose to the Patriots there is no excuse to not play Brohm. The season is over, Fitz and Trent have both been evaluated and if Brohm has talent we can focus on building a team around him versus drafting a QB high.

yordad
12-19-2009, 08:25 PM
BTW... I agree no QB in the draft would be better than Jason Campbell... We need to groom Brohm and an upper mid round QB.I am all for snagging Campbell, and I am shocked you et al. have convinced me of this over recent weeks.

yordad
12-19-2009, 08:30 PM
No need to expand an argument to another thread brah. PM and make-up time.This I disagree with. Dude has insulted me no less then a dozen times in the past couple of days, simply because it is my opinion we should see Brohm play before the season ends.

In fact, when I last suggested it he replied with...

you are just so ignorant it's amazing. Looks like you're the 1 in 20 that isn't ignorant TYPO!

Typ0
12-19-2009, 08:39 PM
I would like to see him play if he's ready to play. If not I'd just as soon he works in the system to get ready for training camp and we have a better pool of QBs to select from next season. That's the disconnect we have yordad. I'm willing to let him progress in the system the Bills have put together and don't think his playing now has any bearing on how he'll do next year or the year after that. you think the only way he's going to be any good is if you get to make a player evaluation right now. You just don't have the patience to let him work and get ready.

Typ0
12-19-2009, 08:41 PM
I'm not going to get into a pissing match here either. I stated my case. I made a mistake earlier and I goated a long tirade from yordad now. Let it go yordad it's not going anywhere.

yordad
12-19-2009, 08:52 PM
I would like to see him play if he's ready to play. If not I'd just as soon he works in the system to get ready for training camp and we have a better pool of QBs to select from next season. That's the disconnect we have yordad. I'm willing to let him progress in the system the Bills have put together and don't think his playing now has any bearing on how he'll do next year or the year after that. you think the only way he's going to be any good is if you get to make a player evaluation right now. You just don't have the patience to let him work and get ready.OK, typo. Hopefully we can have a good football conversation. But, again, you are wrongly assuming my thoughts. I think the Bills should give the new coaching staff all opportunities to make any kind of assessment on him. And, the best way to do that is if they have recent NFL regular season game tape of him prior to drafting a QB with our top 10 pick. Overall, it isn't expected he will come in and light things up. I would just like to see him command a huddle. Stand tall. Distribute the ball. Or maybe even throw an accurate pass over the middle.

Typ0
12-19-2009, 08:58 PM
Thank you. And that is exactly where we disagree. I think that throwing him in there and positioning him to fail does not give the new coaching staff the picture you are talking about. This team is toast. The offense is horrible. It's a combination of the OLine and the QB and we don't really know the weight of the burden on each because the variables are too vast. Just throwing this guy into that quagmire of crap isn't going to solve anything or even demonstrate what he could do. I think it's more likely to damage him it's just that bad of a mess.

OK, typo. Hopefully we can have a good football conversation. But, again, you are wrongly assuming my thoughts. I think the Bills should give the new coaching staff all opportunities to make any kind of assessment on him. And, the best way to do that is if they have recent NFL regular season game tape of him prior to drafting a QB with our top 10 pick. Overall, it isn't expected he will come in and light things up. I would just like to see him command a huddle. Stand tall. Distribute the ball. Or maybe even throw an accurate pass over the middle.

yordad
12-19-2009, 09:08 PM
Thank you. And that is exactly where we disagree. I think that throwing him in there and positioning him to fail does not give the new coaching staff the picture you are talking about. This team is toast. The offense is horrible. It's a combination of the OLine and the QB and we don't really know the weight of the burden on each because the variables are too vast. Just throwing this guy into that quagmire of crap isn't going to solve anything or even demonstrate what he could do. I think it's more likely to damage him it's just that bad of a mess.Then we have a difference of opinion, but my different opinion doesn't make me a stupid, immature, ignorant, travesty of a person. And, despite the fact your opinion doesn't seem like it is shared by many people, I wouldn't call you these things based on it either.

Typ0
12-19-2009, 09:11 PM
Then we have a difference of opinion, but my different opinion doesn't make me a stupid, immature, ignorant, travesty of a person. And, despite the fact your opinion doesn't seem like it is shared by many people, I wouldn't call you these things based on it either.

I never said anything about people that share your opinion.

yordad
12-19-2009, 09:31 PM
I can list the reason I think they should start him, maybe you typo, or anyone really, could clearly list the reasons they shouldn't.

1) Let him gain valuable NFL Regular season game speed experience.
2) Give next years NEW coaching staff valuable Regular season game footage.
3) Let him gain a feel for what many of his teammates are capable of under regular season conditions. Ex: Chemistry, trust
4) Let the Bills assess his leadership skills, poise, accuracy, rate of progressions, etc.
5) LET the Bills get a better idea of his potential, helping them decide who to target in the off season, or whether or not to draft one TOP 10.

Keep in mid, it isn't his stats a coach would be assessing. That they could get in seconds by looking at a paper.

Typ0
12-19-2009, 10:31 PM
Throwing someone into a mess is negative throughout your list.

I can list the reason I think they should start him, maybe you typo, or anyone really, could clearly list the reasons they shouldn't.

1) Let him gain valuable NFL Regular season game speed experience.
2) Give next years NEW coaching staff valuable Regular season game footage.
3) Let him gain a feel for what many of his teammates are capable of under regular season conditions. Ex: Chemistry, trust
4) Let the Bills assess his leadership skills, poise, accuracy, rate of progressions, etc.
5) LET the Bills get a better idea of his potential, helping them decide who to target in the off season, or whether or not to draft one TOP 10.

Keep in mid, it isn't his stats a coach would be assessing. That they could get in seconds by looking at a paper.

yordad
12-19-2009, 10:45 PM
Throwing someone into a mess is negative throughout your list.Could you be more specific? "It is a negative" is your reasoning?

Yasgur's Farm
12-20-2009, 06:50 AM
I see both your points...

Yordad wants to avoid spending a top 10 pick on a QB that may not deserve, or live up to, that status. Therefore, he wants to make sure the new regime has every opportunity to see that we may already have the answer to our QB problem on the roster.

Typo believes that the new regime should already possess enough knowledge concerning Brohm (Fitz and Edwards as well) in order to properly evaluate the Bills needs.

Whom we would tend to agree with really comes down to what we personally prefer in the draft...

I agree with yordad because my opinion is that we can gain more value with our top 10 pick by filling a position of need other than QB. And we can fill our QB need (and gain more immediate success) with a free agent stop-gap vet while grooming Brohm and perhaps a later round QB.

Others may agree with Typo because they have a specific QB they feel is the savior... Or they simply feel that our #1 need is QB and therefore our #1 draft pick should be a QB... period.

Please don't misunderstand... I'm not saying that these are the exact views of yordad and Typo. These simply may be the views of some who side with either.

Bottom line is... The next regime will already have their strategy and a 2 or 3 game audition by Brohm (positive or negative) may not carry any weight one way or the other. Or will it?

X-Era
12-20-2009, 06:57 AM
I see both your points...

Yordad wants to avoid spending a top 10 pick on a QB that may not deserve, or live up to, that status. Therefore, he wants to make sure the new regime has every opportunity to see that we may already have the answer to our QB problem on the roster.

Typo believes that the new regime should already possess enough knowledge concerning Brohm (Fitz and Edwards as well) in order to properly evaluate the Bills needs.

Whom we would tend to agree with really comes down to what we personally prefer in the draft...

I agree with yordad because my opinion is that we can gain more value with our top 10 pick by filling a position of need other than QB. And we can fill our QB need (and gain more immediate success) with a free agent stop-gap vet while grooming Brohm and perhaps a later round QB.

Others may agree with Typo because they have a specific QB they feel is the savior... Or they simply feel that our #1 need is QB and therefore our #1 draft pick should be a QB... period.

Please don't misunderstand... I'm not saying that these are the exact views of yordad and Typo. These simply may be the views of some who side with either.

Bottom line is... The next regime will already have their strategy and a 2 or 3 game audition by Brohm (positive or negative) may not carry any weight one way or the other. Or will it?

:clap:

That's exactly it.

To me, I want to see Brohm as soon as possible since we are back in evaluation mode trying to find our next franchise QB.

However, I think we should carefully decide if putting him on the field will somehow mess him up. I wouldnt want him to get injured behind our O line before we get all our player back healthy and make a few upgrades.

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
12-20-2009, 07:05 AM
They are going to wait till next year to use him to hype up the fans. they will not start him this year. Ralph is saving him to hype up the fans for 2010.

Yasgur's Farm
12-20-2009, 07:09 AM
I can't subscribe to that conspiracy theory.

X-Era
12-20-2009, 07:14 AM
I can't subscribe to that consiracy theory.

I like this one better:

They dont want him to bother learning the current offense since they are two weeks away from scrapping it, they would rather just have him wait and learn Shanahan's or Cowher's.

Yasgur's Farm
12-20-2009, 07:19 AM
Better... I like the optimism.

But I really think it comes down to Perry Fewell's desire to look the best he possibly can. He'll likely be looking for a job this offseason (probably as D coordinator somewhere). He's got no room to, nor incentive to, evaluate or groom anyone.

Mr. Pink
12-20-2009, 07:23 AM
Or how about this...

He sucks as evidenced by being stuck on a practice squad and hasn't learned the offense yet?

That possibly couldn't be it, could it?

Yasgur's Farm
12-20-2009, 07:28 AM
Or how about this...

He sucks as evidenced by being stuck on a practice squad and hasn't learned the offense yet?

That possibly couldn't be it, could it?Could be I suppose... Just as the illusion of life may only be the dream of the dead.

kernowboy
12-20-2009, 07:32 AM
I see nothing wrong with giving Brohm a series or two per game to see what we have.

In fact I would like to see that will all our players.

If the likes of Owens, Kelsay, Denney, Reed are not going to be coming back why not have a proper look at Maybin and Ellis, Hardy and Johnson?

Ralph should say to Fewell that the outcome of his interview will not be determined by the end of season performance as the turmoil and injuries have made the job impossible - he will be measured by his interview performance.

If we are to finish 5-11 I'd like to get there with youngsters rather than using vets who we know cannot step up.

Mr. Pink
12-20-2009, 07:33 AM
Could be I suppose... Just as the illusion of life may only be the dream of the dead.

Wow that was deep.

However it's infinitely less likely than the fact Brohm just flat out blows.

Yasgur's Farm
12-20-2009, 07:41 AM
Wow that was deep.

However it's infinitely less likely than the fact Brohm just flat out blows. IMOFixed it.

Mr. Pink
12-20-2009, 07:47 AM
Fixed it.

Do you really think any team who drafts a 2nd round prospect who has ANY ability would put them on their practice squad and then just let them go for nothing?

Even the Buffalo Bills wouldn't do something that idiotic.

Yasgur's Farm
12-20-2009, 07:53 AM
Reports were that the Packers wanted him to stay... and offered him the exact same contract the Bills did. Brohm chose Buffalo.

So that makes at least 2 teams who wanted him on their roster.

Jan Reimers
12-20-2009, 08:00 AM
I think most of us would like to see him. But to me, only if he is ready and totally familiar with our system. What's the point of putting him in a situation where he's likely to fail, or be manhandled.

It's not like we are playing for anything worth getting him hurt physically or psychologically.

Yasgur's Farm
12-20-2009, 08:00 AM
http://www.kffl.com/player/16193/NFL

Packers | Tried to sign Brohm to active roster
Thu, 19 Nov 2009 07:15:21 -0800
Greg A. Bedard and Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (http://www.kffl.com/link/188), report the Green Bay Packers (http://www.kffl.com/team/17/nfl) tried to sign practice squad QB Brian Brohm (http://www.kffl.com/player/16193/nfl) to their active roster, but Brohm decided to take an offer from the Buffalo Bills (http://www.kffl.com/team/9/nfl) because he would have a better opportunity to see playing time with the Bills.
<HR>Bills | Brohm signed
Thu, 19 Nov 2009 07:08:03 -0800
Greg A. Bedard and Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (http://www.kffl.com/link/188), report the Buffalo Bills (http://www.kffl.com/team/9/nfl) have signed QB Brian Brohm (http://www.kffl.com/player/16193/nfl) off the Green Bay Packers (http://www.kffl.com/team/17/nfl)' practice squad, according to a source. He signed a two-year contract but the financial terms were not disclosed.

kernowboy
12-20-2009, 09:13 AM
When it was clear the Packers were dragging their feet about adding him to the full roster he looked elsewhere. It is clear that several teams are curious about him

Packers | Several teams were interested in Brohm
Mon, 07 Sep 2009 14:02:52 -0700
Tom Pelissero, of the Green Bay Press-Gazette (http://www.billszone.com/link/210), reports Green Bay Packers (http://www.billszone.com/team/17/nfl) practice squad QB Brian Brohm (http://www.billszone.com/player/16193/nfl) received interest from five teams to join their practice squad, but he decided to re-sign with the Packers, according to a source.

NFL | Brohm clears waivers
Sun, 06 Sep 2009 11:51:20 -0700
Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (http://www.billszone.com/link/188), reports free-agent QB Brian Brohm (http://www.billszone.com/player/16193/nfl) (Packers) has cleared waivers, but he is taking his time deciding which practice squad he plans to join. The Green Bay Packers (http://www.billszone.com/team/17/nfl) are waiting to hear from him and are holding a spot open for him, but he is talking with other clubs, according to a league source.

yordad
12-20-2009, 10:16 AM
Do you really think any team who drafts a 2nd round prospect who has ANY ability would put them on their practice squad and then just let them go for nothing?

Even the Buffalo Bills wouldn't do something that idiotic.Maybe he didn't take not being given a shot lightly. Maybe he and Rodgers didn't get along. Maybe the Packers have made a couple QB mistakes in the past.

ddaryl
12-20-2009, 10:52 AM
Better... I like the optimism.

But I really think it comes down to Perry Fewell's desire to look the best he possibly can. He'll likely be looking for a job this offseason (probably as D coordinator somewhere). He's got no room to, nor incentive to, evaluate or groom anyone.

SO perry feels Fitz's 80yds of passing per game is what will make him look the best

LMFAO...