PDA

View Full Version : BOWL GAME SCOUTING GUIDE

Mahdi
12-19-2009, 06:54 PM
I created a guide using Excel so we can all follow the top players in College Football that are playing in a Bowl game over the next couple of weeks.

The Guide is searchable by category (School, Position, Bowl Game, Date, Time) which makes for easy navigation.

For example, if you are sitting around on January 2nd and you want to know what prospects are playing that day, click at the top in the date category and select January 2nd.

Or if you are watching the Gator Bowl and you want to know which prospects are playing in the game, go to the Bowl Game Category and select 'Gator Bowl'.

Or if you are only interested in QBs for example, just click on QB in the Position category and you will see all the QBs and when they play.

Just a little tool for those of us that want to prepare for the draft, organize your holiday schedule or decide which Bowl Games you want to prioritize, for those of us that have wives, I doubt we get away with watching every Bowl Game. This should help us be selective.

If people find this useful maybe it would be a good idea to sticky this thread.

The Excel file is zipped.

DB, if a player is missing you think should be there let me know and I can revise it.

X-Era
12-19-2009, 07:02 PM
I created a guide using Excel so we can all follow the top players in College Football that are playing in a Bowl game over the next couple of weeks.

The Guide is searchable by category (School, Position, Bowl Game, Date, Time) which makes for easy navigation.

For example, if you are sitting around on January 2nd and you want to know what prospects are playing that day, click at the top in the date category and select January 2nd.

Or if you are watching the Gator Bowl and you want to know which prospects are playing in the game, go to the Bowl Game Category and select 'Gator Bowl'.

Or if you are only interested in QBs for example, just click on QB in the Position category and you will see all the QBs and when they play.

Just a little tool for those of us that want to prepare for the draft, organize your holiday schedule or decide which Bowl Games you want to prioritize, for those of us that have wives, I doubt we get away with watching every Bowl Game. This should help us be selective.

If people find this useful maybe it would be a good idea to sticky this thread.

The Excel file is zipped.

DB, if a player is missing you think should be there let me know and I can revise it.
Very nice!

Searches will work for the one here. But it doesnt give Bowl game dates... this is much better. Using the search function here just gives you all the players by school. Heres the info (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=176571). I tried to figure out how to make sortable worksheets in a thread, but haven't cracked that "code" yet.

Anyways, this is awesome. :up:

Mahdi
12-19-2009, 07:12 PM
Very nice!

Searches will work for the one here. But it doesnt give Bowl game dates... this is much better. Using the search function here just gives you all the players by school. Heres the info (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=176571). I tried to figure out how to make sortable worksheets in a thread, but haven't cracked that "code" yet.

Anyways, this is awesome. :up:
Sorry, didn't know we had a similar tool, I guess they can both be used together.

X-Era
12-19-2009, 07:20 PM
Sorry, didn't know we had a similar tool, I guess they can both be used together.
Its not really similar. Ours only searches by keywords in the title. I had to make each prospect profile include the position and school... that was the only way to make them sortable. Yours is way better with ability to sort by much more.

Its still tricky though at times, if you want Florida players, you have to use booleans and restrict the search:

For search terms you would have to select "title only" and then use booleans to restrict the search.

florida not state not south not central

That cuts out Florida State, South Florida, and Central Florida and only gives players from Florida.

Anyways, this is very cool! Thanks for the hard work!

Mahdi
12-19-2009, 07:22 PM
Its not really similar. Ours only searches by keywords in the title. I had to make each prospect profile include the position and school... that was the only way to make them sortable. Yours is way better with ability to sort by much more.

Its still tricky though at times, if you want Florida players, you have to use booleans and restrict the search:

For search terms you would have to select "title only" and then use booleans to restrict the search.

That cuts out Florida State, South Florida, and Central Florida and only gives players from Florida.

No problem, thanks man.

Mahdi
12-19-2009, 11:58 PM

X... You can also let me know if there is someone missing you think should be there.

kernowboy
12-20-2009, 09:19 AM
Corey Peters DT

Kentucky, 6.3 and 295lbs, having a very good senior season and maybe a 4th-5th rounder

Mahdi
12-28-2009, 07:31 PM
bump. Plenty of Bowl games and prospects to watch this week. This can come in handy for those who are interested.

DraftBoy
12-29-2009, 07:41 AM
Very cool little tool.

There are some prospects missing, but no big names so nothing I would be too concerned with adding, unless you want it to be very deep.