PDA

View Full Version : Interesting fact about David Carr

kernowboy
12-20-2009, 03:15 AM
The former overall No1 pick who last year in relief of Manning took on the Vikings first string defence at the end of the season and had a very good game - proper pass protection take note.

Holds the record for second most consecutive passes in NFL game at 22 v Buffalo at the Ralph, which is unsurprisingly is the record for the Ralph. The game was actually played in November.

A guy who could still do it, as evidenced by the Giants wanting to keep him, who has experience of playing in cold weather, who could act as a cheapish caretaker for a season of two.

2 years for $6m is hardly likely to break anyone's bank balance and will allow us to develop Brohm and maybe look at the QB option in 2011 (Pat Devlin) or 2012 (Andrew Luck)

Crisis
12-20-2009, 03:20 AM
pretty sure that game (22 straight completions) was in houston, same game lee had 2 80+ yard tds

Billz_fan
12-20-2009, 06:14 AM
pretty sure that game (22 straight completions) was in houston, same game lee had 2 80+ yard tds

You are correct

The Texans finished the 2006 season at 6-10. For the season, Carr posted a completion percentage of 68.9% (a career high) and tied the single game NFL record of 22 consecutive pass completions (vs. the Buffalo Bills).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Carr

Also the game was in Houston to,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Buffalo_Bills_season

Billz_fan
12-20-2009, 06:24 AM
Now as far as Kerns thoughts on Carr, I have never had a problem with Carr. I always thought he would enjoy success at some point in his career. Probably at the end like a Rich Gannon or something. As far as him coming to Buffalo though, Poor SOB would need to bring his own success with him cus unless we really get some decent coaching help (yah right) then our coaching staff(s) wont be able to help him any. We historically (last 10-15 years) don't do well with projects. :laughter:

kernowboy
12-20-2009, 06:29 AM

I'd read it was at the Ralph but me bad :(

kernowboy
12-20-2009, 06:33 AM
Now as far as Kerns thoughts on Carr, I have never had a problem with Carr. I always thought he would enjoy success at some point in his career. Probably at the end like a Rich Gannon or something. As far as him coming to Buffalo though, Poor SOB would need to bring his own success with him cus unless we really get some decent coaching help (yah right) then our coaching staff(s) wont be able to help him any. We historically (last 10-15 years) don't do well with projects. :laughter:

I think we will get some decent coaching help. It would be this type of Madden Fantasy Football big name but thats probably for the best.

If Ralph goes down the so-called cheap route then that probably means an up and coming GM, added to a co-ordinator who deserves a chance and with any luck the two of them will assemble a decent coaching staff.

If that turns out to be Eric de Costa + Russ Grimm with an OC like Hue Jackson who has a decent rep with QBs then I'm all for Ralph being 'cheap'.

And if we can draft someone like Okung or Campbell added to the progression of the likes of Levitre, then I think Carr could do well as a caretaker type QB in the Rich Gannon, Trent Dilfer type role

Typ0
12-20-2009, 06:49 AM
I like Carr but don't see him as a caretaker...and I don't think Gannon was a caretaker either.

EDS
12-20-2009, 07:51 AM
I like Carr but don't see him as a caretaker...and I don't think Gannon was a caretaker either.

Gannon was MVP one year, so he was more than a caretaker.

I don't see Carr reaching those heights, but I agree with the general sentiment of this thread that he could be a suitable stopgap until a franchise QB is identified. The Bills would need to devote additional resources to the o-line though.

kernowboy
12-20-2009, 09:16 AM
Gannon was MVP one year, so he was more than a caretaker.

I don't see Carr reaching those heights, but I agree with the general sentiment of this thread that he could be a suitable stopgap until a franchise QB is identified. The Bills would need to devote additional resources to the o-line though.

I think that if Okung or Campbell are available in R1 then its a no-brainer. We certainly draft a LT no lower than R2

Dicknoze69
12-20-2009, 09:21 AM
I like Carr a decent amount for a QB in the next few years. He had a lot of starts at Houston so he's certainly got experience. Additionally, his completion percentage and yards per attempt were okay. Obviously he took way too many sacks, either through his O-line or Aaron Rodgers/Drew Bledsoe disease.

However, he's one of the few possible "stop-gap" QBs who has some upside with the potential to be more than a stop-gap QB.