PDA

View Full Version : Miles Austin WR

kernowboy
12-20-2009, 09:35 AM
... is having a hell of a season.

If the Cowboys don't franchise him, do we go all out to try to sign him? He'd be an excellent target for our next QB.

They don't have any real expiring contracts about from Marcus Spears but it would be very interesting if they don't tag him

trapezeus
12-20-2009, 09:43 AM
with no salary cap, i would expect the cowboys to sign everyone who did well this season for next season....you are going to see the MLB take place during this offseason...all mediocre players on crap teams will get contracts to go to big teams. small teams will just field 53 men who barely can spell football.

i hate the system.

Jan Reimers
12-20-2009, 09:51 AM
with no salary cap, i would expect the cowboys to sign everyone who did well this season for next season....you are going to see the MLB take place during this offseason...all mediocre players on crap teams will get contracts to go to big teams. small teams will just field 53 men who barely can spell football.

i hate the system.
At least there won't be a big raid on Bills' players. While they can all spell football, most of them can't play it.

Stewie
12-20-2009, 10:13 AM

i hate the system.

This is not true, too many new rules and gotchas will prevent this from happening. Every team will have three tags, instead of one. And any players who signed 5 year contracts in 2005 or 4 year contracts in '06 will not be eligible for UFA. And, all the final 8 playoff teams will have restrictions on the FA's they can sign. They will only be able to sign guys that are cut (as opposed to had their contract expire) and then there will be salary restrictions

There just wont be enough players and enough teams for some sort of mass defection of good players to rich teams. That doesn't mean washington won't try.

ddaryl
12-20-2009, 10:55 AM

i hate the system.

The uncapped season does have lots of rules in place that will keep things from getting out of hand and will actually handcuff some teams I do believe.

That is probably a great idea for a sticky thread.... What rules are associated with the uncapped season... We all know there will be a billion repeated questions in regards to the offseason rules this year, might as well get a sticky thread going now.

superbills
12-20-2009, 11:06 AM
Where's Clump to sort all of this out for us?

justasportsfan
12-20-2009, 11:13 AM
na, we need better players on other positions. We have a lot of untapped talent at the wr position. It's too early to give up on them. Who's to say a HC with a great offensive mind can't develop our wrs. This is why I wouldn't feel bad if Trestman on our team at any level.

Dr. Pepper
12-20-2009, 03:12 PM
austin? no thanks hes not going to help this team.

OpIv37
12-20-2009, 03:57 PM
no more wasting money on WR's until we have a QB and an OL. We could put Fitzgerald, Marshall and Calvin Johnson on this current team and the offensive production would still blow.

DrGraves
12-20-2009, 04:22 PM
HAHAHAHA YOU THINK ANY FREE AGENT WIDEOUT WOULD COME HERE?

buffalo is where receivers come to die.

BuffaloBlitz83
12-20-2009, 05:03 PM
WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU THINK DALLAS WOULDN"T PAY HIM. HE AND ROMO CLICK!

Thurmal
12-20-2009, 07:22 PM
I'd love to watch him in a Bills uniform run routes all day and get thrown to once or twice a game.

PECKERWOOD
12-20-2009, 07:24 PM
Casey Hampton plus Brandon Spikes in the 2nd round equals...........

3-4 Time

Williams-Hampton-Stroud
Schobel - Spikes - Posluszny - Maybin

Very good, sir, carry on, carry on.

SpillerThrills
12-20-2009, 07:52 PM
Casey Hampton plus Brandon Spikes in the 2nd round equals...........

3-4 Time

Williams-Hampton-Stroud
Schobel - Spikes - Posluszny - Maybin

Very good, sir, carry on, carry on.

what does this have to do with Mile Austin????