PDA

View Full Version : This team just can't seem to beat the Ottowa's and the Pitt's

ddaryl
12-20-2009, 12:09 PM
Is the team falling back into its old ways? Beat the lesser teams but can't seem to beat the real stanley cup contenders.

It appears this team is still a key player or 2 from being a true Stanley Cup contender :duel:

what's the consensus from the faithful ?

DMBcrew36
12-20-2009, 12:18 PM
I don't know why you include Pittsburgh. The Sabres and Pitt have played each other very tight since the lockout. Winning a game in a shootout doesn't make Pitt the better team last night.

And can't beat contenders? The Sabres are undefeated against the West (6-0-0), which includes games against Detroit, Edmonton, Calgary, and Chicago. The Sabres have also had convincing wins against the two best teams in the East - Washington, and New Jersey.

Barring some collapse, the Sabres will make the playoffs. I don't think people should worry too much about their play until the NHL resumes from Olympic break and teams are gearing up for the playoffs. Lindy just needs to make sure Miller gets enough rest for the remainder of the season.

ddaryl
12-20-2009, 02:41 PM
Barring some collapse, the Sabres will make the playoffs. I don't think people should worry too much about their play until the NHL resumes from Olympic break and teams are gearing up for the playoffs. Lindy just needs to make sure Miller gets enough rest for the remainder of the season.

Well 1st I don't care about playoffs.. I want a dominant team that can win and WILL WIN the stanley cup.

I agree with after the Olympic break theory.. teams who heat up down the stretch usually do the best i the playoffs

BUT We as of late are losing to teams I would consider stanley cup contenders, and I still feel we need another gritty type of player who relishes crashing the boards, digging out the puck and creating opportunities out of nothing

I guess I'm a little pessimistic about the last 2 losses to teams I generally use to guage the Sabres....

DMBcrew36
12-20-2009, 03:18 PM
Well 1st I don't care about playoffs.. I want a dominant team that can win and WILL WIN the stanley cup.

I agree with after the Olympic break theory.. teams who heat up down the stretch usually do the best i the playoffs

BUT We as of late are losing to teams I would consider stanley cup contenders, and I still feel we need another gritty type of player who relishes crashing the boards, digging out the puck and creating opportunities out of nothing

I guess I'm a little pessimistic about the last 2 losses to teams I generally use to guage the Sabres....

The Sabres don't have to be some mighty goliath to win the cup. Look at Edmonton making the finals in 05-06. Look at Carolina in 05-06. All you have to do is make the playoffs - from there, it's anyones game. Miller is this team. Until March, just worry about Miller getting his rest.