PDA

View Full Version : Evans sucks

The Juice Is Loose
12-20-2009, 02:34 PM
Seriously guys, he's terrible. He is fast, and he's got good footwork, but he is terrible. He just can't catch in traffic. That was a sweet throw, and should have been caught.

This is Beastie Bills by the way, but I'm sitting on Juice's computer at the moment. So you can direct your hate at me, not him.

yordad
12-20-2009, 02:39 PM
You know, you can actually sign in under your own name while on someone else's computer.

But, on topic, I disagree. Josh Reed does suck though. Including his two STs fumbles.

yordad
12-20-2009, 02:42 PM
BTW Evans just caught a TD in traffic.

The Juice Is Loose
12-20-2009, 02:42 PM
Yes, I know I can log in as myself, but then Juice will just whine about it all day.

The Juice Is Loose
12-20-2009, 02:43 PM
There's a first time for everything. He still sucks. I hope we trade him.

The Juice Is Loose
12-20-2009, 02:44 PM
He didn't have possession by the way. No catch.

yordad
12-20-2009, 02:48 PM
He didn't have possession by the way. No catch.Then why did they get the points?

trapezeus
12-20-2009, 02:49 PM
evans is a good receiver, but he's just no number 1, no matter how hard obd wants to spin it.

he doesn't run over the middle.

The Juice Is Loose
12-20-2009, 02:49 PM
Because we kicked the extra point before the patriots challenged it, numbnuts.

yordad
12-20-2009, 02:51 PM
Because we kicked the extra point before the patriots challenged it, numbnuts.THIS POST IS ******ED.

justasportsfan
12-20-2009, 02:52 PM
evans is a good receiver, but he's just no number 1, no matter how hard obd wants to spin it.

he doesn't run over the middle.
how do you know if he isn't made to run that route?I've already pulled out videos that he has.

trapezeus
12-20-2009, 02:53 PM
i could be,but how is he so invisible for so many years?

i don't doubt that on a better team he'd be better, but moulds was on bad bills teams and he was still a force.

X-Era
12-20-2009, 02:53 PM
No, I dont think he does at all.

justasportsfan
12-20-2009, 02:56 PM

i don't doubt that on a better team he'd be better, but moulds was on bad bills teams and he was still a force.

we've had bad qbs , bad ol and bad coaching all these years. If you think that doesn't affect the wr;s, ask TO . Even with his past problems, he got the ball . He comes to buffalo and then he sucks.

Moulds had Drew and Flutie. Guys who were willing to throw the ball. The last time Evenas had 1300. The qb was willing to throw.

Historian
12-20-2009, 02:56 PM
Josh Reed shouldn't even be able to take a shower.

Utterly Pathetic.

trapezeus
12-20-2009, 02:58 PM
we've had bad qbs , bad ol and bad coaching all these years. If you think that doesn't affect the wr;s, ask TO . Even with his past problems, he got the ball . He comes to buffalo and then he sucks.

i'm not saying trade him, i'm just disappointed with his play over his career. he' had bad qb's, but he hasn't been a leader to demand better. he seems to just roll along with the punches. makes a couple plays, is totally dormant.

he's overpaid for what he is giving us.

tampabay25690
12-20-2009, 03:00 PM
u suck for saying that EVANS is a good player playing on a ****ty team,...

justasportsfan
12-20-2009, 03:01 PM
i'm not saying trade him, i'm just disappointed with his play over his career. he' had bad qb's, but he hasn't been a leader to demand better. he seems to just roll along with the punches. makes a couple plays, is totally dormant.

he's overpaid for what he is giving us.

thats not his job. There wasn't any leadership in the qb position for years. What do you want him to do , call out the qb? When he picked qb's you had a problem with it.

trapezeus
12-20-2009, 03:04 PM
he picked that qb only beause he got long passes and could succeed running just long routes. at his salary he needs to be more versatile.

What is your definition of a player who has failed. you defend everyone with simply bad coaching.

Yes coaching sucks. but players have to show some level of being decent.

i wonder what you think of fred jackson. with poor coaching he's still a stud.

yordad
12-20-2009, 03:13 PM
he picked that qb only beause he got long passes and could succeed running just long routes. at his salary he needs to be more versatile.

What is your definition of a player who has failed. you defend everyone with simply bad coaching.

i wonder what you think of fred jackson. with poor coaching he's still a stud.Trap, the man cannot call his own plays, pass to himself, or block for himself. Gesh.

trapezeus
12-20-2009, 03:16 PM
i get that. but he doesn't even register on the stat sheet at weeks at a time.

good receivers on lesser teams still put up decent results. if he wasn't a bill, none of us would care or even know about him.

the bills have too many holes to throw him away, but he's one of the better bills but he's a mid tier WR in the NFL. that tells you how bad our talent is.

Ginger Vitis
12-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Seriously guys, he's terrible. He is fast, and he's got good footwork, but he is terrible. He just can't catch in traffic. That was a sweet throw, and should have been caught.

This is Beastie Bills by the way, but I'm sitting on Juice's computer at the moment. So you can direct your hate at me, not him.

Or could it be you have 2 handles?

yordad
12-20-2009, 03:50 PM
i get that. but he doesn't even register on the stat sheet at weeks at a time.

good receivers on lesser teams still put up decent results. if he wasn't a bill, none of us would care or even know about him.

the bills have too many holes to throw him away, but he's one of the better bills but he's a mid tier WR in the NFL. that tells you how bad our talent is.Well I think he is underutilized and under appreciated.

BillyT92679
12-20-2009, 04:16 PM
he's not bad as a wideout
but he's extraordinarily overrated by Bills fans, just like Moulds was
Evans simply does not make enough plays... part of that is the lack of production at QB, but I really have never seen him make deep or skinny post routes, or crossing patterns at all
TO on the downside of his career is better than Evans is. Randy Moss is a hundred million times better.

Mr. Pink
12-20-2009, 04:17 PM
Evans is a decent WR on a bad football team.

He had the numbers he had because there was literally no one else to really throw to.

He should thank the Bills for drafting him, he would have never got that contract he has anywhere else.

PECKERWOOD
12-20-2009, 04:19 PM
Lee Evans is probably the only player on our offense that is electrifying, the nature of this thread is misguided.

yordad
12-20-2009, 04:23 PM
he's not bad as a wideout
but he's extraordinarily overrated by Bills fans, just like Moulds was
Evans simply does not make enough plays... part of that is the lack of production at QB, but I really have never seen him make deep or skinny post routes, or crossing patterns at all
TO on the downside of his career is better than Evans is. Randy Moss is a hundred million times better.I would also disagree about Moulds. He was one of the most physically gifted WRs to ever play, IMO. If he had Payton Manning throwing to him instead of Harrison, he would have put up numbers with the best of them.

Joe Fo Sho
12-20-2009, 04:24 PM
This is the worst thread I've seen in a while.

DrGraves
12-20-2009, 04:26 PM
trade evans for some offensive linemen... there is no sense having him on the team if the QB can't even drop back to pass.

BillyT92679
12-20-2009, 04:29 PM
I would also disagree about Moulds. He was one of the most physically gifted WRs to ever play, IMO. If he had Payton Manning throwing to him instead of Harrison, he would have put up numbers with the best of them.
He was remarkably inconsistent... everyone remembers about him (not about babies) about even and odd years. He was gifted sure but never took over games like Reed or Lofton did. I'd take Moulds in his prime over Evans any day though. Eric could run so many more routes.

k-oneputt
12-20-2009, 04:38 PM
Josh Reed shouldn't even be able to take a shower.

Utterly Pathetic.

But, but, but ,but he's a good blocker. Enough with this guy. He's done nothing since he's been here. Enjoy your last two games Josh.

But, but, but, he's like Hines Ward. Enough with the stupidity.

yordad
12-20-2009, 04:41 PM
He was remarkably inconsistent... everyone remembers about him (not about babies) about even and odd years. He was gifted sure but never took over games like Reed or Lofton did. I'd take Moulds in his prime over Evans any day though. Eric could run so many more routes.IMO, Moulds had as good a blend of speed, hands, size strength, hops, as anyone. Throw in his fire, fearlessness, blocking, and run after the catch ability, and he may have been one of the best all around WRs ever.

Syderick
12-20-2009, 04:47 PM
Lee Evans is good wr, just doesn't have a decent QB to give him a shot.

The Juice Is Loose
12-20-2009, 05:10 PM
Evans just tends to come up small on 3rd down, etc.

Beastie Bills was here and started this thread, it wasn't me.

That said, Evans is a decent #2 wr. IE Amani Toomer, Alvin Harper, James Lofton when he was here.

Beastie Bills
12-20-2009, 05:22 PM
Or could it be you have 2 handles?
What exactly would that accomplish?

But you're right, I wasn't at my friends house, and decided to post from his user name, instead of logging out of his account and into mine. It's far more likely that I secretly have two screen names on the freaking bills message boards, as part of some elaborate hoax that's been going on for months, but doesn't affect anybody (except you for some reason).

justasportsfan
12-20-2009, 09:00 PM

i wonder what you think of fred jackson. with poor coaching he's still a stud.
Lee caught medium passes up the middle under JP too. Want me to pull proof?

everyone gets a pass under Dick. you can't give a pass to Trent and then blame the guy that trent throws to. Fact is, if TO who's had great nos. with every other team he's been with then starts to suck here,means this teams system sucked.

Under Dick, the offense was predictable. When team know you limits, there's nothing a wr can do. If Trent was a victim of poor coaching like you've implied and was a victm of poor OL , that same goes with the wr's.

This team run blocks better than it pass blocks. Did you see what happened when Trent came in? Jackson has nothing to do with the passing game.

EDS
12-21-2009, 08:23 AM

Is Evans really different than Andre Johnson pre Matt Schaub?

Beastie Bills
12-21-2009, 08:28 AM
Is Evans really different than Andre Johnson pre Matt Schaub?

Physically, yes, he's very different than Andre Johnson.

Unless your point is that he is a good receiver, who just needs a good QB to come in and let him succeed. If that is your point, well, it remains to be seen I guess. My opinion is that Evans is what he is, and a good QB isn't suddenly going to make Evans play physically, and stop getting manhandled by CB's, and try to keep defenders from catching the ball.

Historian
12-21-2009, 08:29 AM
I see FIVE untouchables on this team, and he is one of them.

Beastie Bills
12-21-2009, 08:34 AM
I see FIVE untouchables on this team, and he is one of them.

Five untouchables, huh? Let me see....

1 - Evans
2 - Jackson
3 - Byrd
4 - Wood
5 - Levitre

Was that your five? Moorman should be up there, by the way. Anyway, replace Evans with Lynch, and you have my five.

The Juice Is Loose
12-21-2009, 09:00 AM
Five untouchables, huh? Let me see....

1 - Evans
2 - Jackson
3 - Byrd
4 - Wood
5 - Levitre

Was that your five? Moorman should be up there, by the way. Anyway, replace Evans with Lynch, and you have my five.

The only reason Evans is untouchable is because we just drastically overpaid him, and to cut him would result in a big cap hit and nobody will trade for that contract.

Also, because we are losing both of our other 2 WR's that get game experience, so the cupboard will be bare.

He's been here since 04 waiting for a QB, so we can argue what he'd do forever, but he's the dumbass who signed a new deal with no qb.

If this team becomes meaningful, like still in a playoff race after October, its not gonna be because of Lee Evans. I'll promise you that.

Historian
12-21-2009, 09:01 AM
Evans, Wood, Levitre, Poz, and Byrd.

Jackson can stick around if he wants to. I like his work ethic.

The Juice Is Loose
12-21-2009, 09:03 AM
Evans, Wood, Levitre, Poz, and Byrd.

Jackson can stick around if he wants to. I like his work ethic.

Here are our sure fire keepers for next year:

Poz, Lynch, Stroud, Evans, Nelson, Levitre, Wood, Incognito, Schobel, Byrd, McGee, McKelvin, ****ner (gag me with a spoon), Drayton Florence has played great, he's been our best corner this year.

Also still on the team will be Brad Butler, Kyle Williams, Maybin (ugh), Kelsay and Spencer Johnson.

Prov401
12-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Lee Evans is a poor man's Steve Smith. He is just as good as Peerless Price, and IMO is just a fast guy, who barley gets seperation. He's a quality reciever, and is starter material in the NFL, however, he should be utalized the way Josh Reed is utalized, because he is not a number one threat.