X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G Wolly
    • Mar 2004

Dear Poz haters

What do you have to whine about after his gameplay today? He was all over the field making tackles and even pressured Brady.

What negative views can you pull up this week?

• Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Dear Poz haters

He had a great game. I still think outside LB is his calling but it was this staff that put him in the middle.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• shelby
      The Vanilla admin
      • Jul 2002

He's really been bringing it the past few weeks.

Comment

• YardRat
        Well, lookie here...
        • Dec 2004

I thought he played pretty well yesterday, but like NT still don't like him in the middle.
        YardRat Wall of Fame
        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

His pass coverage has really improved over the past few weeks, at least in zone situations. Man-to-man vs a TE, he still doesn't match up well, but he's improving.

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

He's still no London, but he had a good game.
            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Beastie Bills
              Senior Zoner
              • Mar 2009

Poz is pretty good. I hope, with another year under his belt, he can make that leap, and bring his game to the next level.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

He had two good games in a row.

I fail to see how that makes up for two seasons of mediocrity though.

People do this on the site all the time. For some reason, they get hard-ons for guys like Josh Reed, Donte Whitner, Poz, etc. The guys will be mediocre for 10-12 games straight, then they'll have one good game and the fanboys try to shove it back in everyone's face.

You have to look at the ENTIRE career, not just the most recent game.

But, I agree that Poz is out of position and I hope that he can continue to improve. I'm just not going to get all excited out of two good games. Darrick Holmes had two good games filling in for Thurman Thomas too. Where did that get him?
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Griff
                  • Jul 2008

Originally posted by OpIv37

People do this on the site all the time. For some reason, they get hard-ons for guys like Josh Reed, Donte Whitner, Poz, etc. The guys will be mediocre for 10-12 games straight, then they'll have one good game and the fanboys try to shove it back in everyone's face.

But, I agree that Poz is out of position and I hope that he can continue to improve. I'm just not going to get all excited out of two good games. Darrick Holmes had two good games filling in for Thurman Thomas too. Where did that get him?
                  rofl he's been good this season, he was good last season for a rookie, seems like you've been drinking your haterade.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Griff
                    rofl he's been good this season, he was good last season for a rookie, seems like you've been drinking your haterade.
                    whatever.

Watch the guy play. He gets swallowed up by blockers. Literally eaten alive. He never actually sheds a block.

He doesn't turn his hips well, which at times hinders his pass coverage. he tends to either overestimate his speed or underestimate opponents' speed and take bad angles, particularly when QB's scramble.

The guy was extremely average last year (and he wasn't a rookie last year btw- I know he didn't play much his first year due to the injury, but your failure to acknowledge that shows your bias), and he's had his moments this year but hasn't been anything special.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                      • Mar 2004

I'm not here to make Poz out to be the saviour, or even a future probowler. BUT, look at who he's had flanking him at the OLB spots for most of the season. About 10 different combonations, I'd bet, and most of them are practice squat fodder, cast offs, or guys who have no business playing yet (Nic Harris). I know O-line is a priority, but OLB needs to improve dramatically, too. I'd put that need right near the top of the Bills' list for the offseason. Whether they decide to move Poz back outside, and get a MLB and another OLB, or get 2 OLBs, something has to be done. None, Mitchell included, of the current Bills OLBs would be starting on a playoff caliber team. None of them.

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by OpIv37

The dude played 2 games his first year. 16 his second. He missed 6 his 3rd. The dude came back after 5 weeks with a broken arm. So he's got 26 career games.

I'm so sick of everybody needing instant gratification around here. We argue, we all piss and moan, we all agree the Bills suck. What did London Fletcher do his first 26 starts?

This is part of the problem around here, expecting a guy to play like a 6 year vet after a season and half.

Poz is one of the few keepers on this team, and his game is improving, and nobody can deny that. He's probably the hardest working guy on the team, and is probably top 16 MLB at least right now. At his rate of improvement, he could make the pro bowl next year.

I don't see Mayo or Curry or Fletcher making Poz type plays this year. You all *****ed about Fletcher making tackles 10 yards downfield. How are the Redskins doing??

Poz - 9.9 tackles per game. 0.4 passes defended per game, 0.3 INT per game
                        Mayo - 5.6 tackles per game. 0.1 passes defended per game, 0.0 INT per game
                        Fletcher - 5.3 tackles per game. 0.3 passes defended per game, 0.07 INT per game

Factor in the fact that Mayo has Wilfork in front of him, and Fletcher has Haynesworth AND Orakpo in front of him! Poz also has 1 sack to Fletchers 2 and Mayos 2. They have played more games.

So really, other than Patrick Willis and Ray Lewis, there aren't really any 4-3 MLB's playing better than Paul Poz.

This is just one of those cases where your blindly negative, and hate everybody. I agree the team sucks. But Poz is one of the few bright points. A potential star.

Comment

• mybills
                          81 st zoner
                          • Jul 2002

Fletcher...0.07 INT per game? The guy had a nose for pickling off the ball. It was the best thing he did.
                          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Feb 2009

Originally posted by mybills
                            Fletcher...0.07 INT per game? The guy had a nose for pickling off the ball. It was the best thing he did.
                            I'm only referencing 2009. Which is the only thing that matters right now.

If we were to keep Fletcher, I wouldn't have opposed it. But, to say that Poz isn't playing as good as Fletcher is obviously wrong.

And people are still clamoring for Fletch to make a pro bowl, but Poz is playing just as well.

We know our D line sucks, so you have to imagine that if we had 2 good d tackles taking up blockers, Poz would be even better.

He's a long term keeper as long as he stays healthy. That said, he had 1 injury and a recurrence, which he bounced right back from. So i'm not too worried about injuries with Poz.

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by The Juice Is Loose
                              The dude played 2 games his first year. 16 his second. He missed 6 his 3rd. The dude came back after 5 weeks with a broken arm. So he's got 26 career games.

I'm so sick of everybody needing instant gratification around here. We argue, we all piss and moan, we all agree the Bills suck. What did London Fletcher do his first 26 starts?

This is part of the problem around here, expecting a guy to play like a 6 year vet after a season and half.

Poz is one of the few keepers on this team, and his game is improving, and nobody can deny that. He's probably the hardest working guy on the team, and is probably top 16 MLB at least right now. At his rate of improvement, he could make the pro bowl next year.

I don't see Mayo or Curry or Fletcher making Poz type plays this year. You all *****ed about Fletcher making tackles 10 yards downfield. How are the Redskins doing??

Poz - 9.9 tackles per game. 0.4 passes defended per game, 0.3 INT per game
                              Mayo - 5.6 tackles per game. 0.1 passes defended per game, 0.0 INT per game
                              Fletcher - 5.3 tackles per game. 0.3 passes defended per game, 0.07 INT per game

Factor in the fact that Mayo has Wilfork in front of him, and Fletcher has Haynesworth AND Orakpo in front of him! Poz also has 1 sack to Fletchers 2 and Mayos 2. They have played more games.

So really, other than Patrick Willis and Ray Lewis, there aren't really any 4-3 MLB's playing better than Paul Poz.

This is just one of those cases where your blindly negative, and hate everybody. I agree the team sucks. But Poz is one of the few bright points. A potential star.
                              Look at guys like Cushing who come into the league and have an IMMEDIATE impact. Yet, we give guys like Poz chance after chance after chance and never hold them accountable, and blame it on lack of players around him.

Guess what? Poz won't ever have those players around him so he needs to work on what he has.

You want to know why this team is so mediocre? It's because of exactly what you're saying. Rather than holding guys accountable for their performance, we make excuses about lack of experience and other players. We give them chance after chance after chance and they reward us with years of mediocrity.

Other players don't affect the angles Poz takes. Other players don't affect how poorly Poz sheds blocks. You have this myopic view that Poz's critics are basing it off of numbers comparisons, but we're not. Some of us actually watch him play, and the flaws in his game are quite obvious.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X