PDA

View Full Version : Dear Poz haters

G Wolly
12-21-2009, 01:18 AM
What do you have to whine about after his gameplay today? He was all over the field making tackles and even pressured Brady.

What negative views can you pull up this week?

Night Train
12-21-2009, 03:05 AM
He had a great game. I still think outside LB is his calling but it was this staff that put him in the middle.

shelby
12-21-2009, 04:31 AM
He's really been bringing it the past few weeks.

YardRat
12-21-2009, 05:01 AM
I thought he played pretty well yesterday, but like NT still don't like him in the middle.

Forward_Lateral
12-21-2009, 07:02 AM
His pass coverage has really improved over the past few weeks, at least in zone situations. Man-to-man vs a TE, he still doesn't match up well, but he's improving.

mybills
12-21-2009, 07:19 AM
He's still no London, but he had a good game.

Beastie Bills
12-21-2009, 07:20 AM
Poz is pretty good. I hope, with another year under his belt, he can make that leap, and bring his game to the next level.

OpIv37
12-21-2009, 08:13 AM
He had two good games in a row.

I fail to see how that makes up for two seasons of mediocrity though.

People do this on the site all the time. For some reason, they get hard-ons for guys like Josh Reed, Donte Whitner, Poz, etc. The guys will be mediocre for 10-12 games straight, then they'll have one good game and the fanboys try to shove it back in everyone's face.

You have to look at the ENTIRE career, not just the most recent game.

But, I agree that Poz is out of position and I hope that he can continue to improve. I'm just not going to get all excited out of two good games. Darrick Holmes had two good games filling in for Thurman Thomas too. Where did that get him?

Griff
12-21-2009, 08:19 AM

People do this on the site all the time. For some reason, they get hard-ons for guys like Josh Reed, Donte Whitner, Poz, etc. The guys will be mediocre for 10-12 games straight, then they'll have one good game and the fanboys try to shove it back in everyone's face.

But, I agree that Poz is out of position and I hope that he can continue to improve. I'm just not going to get all excited out of two good games. Darrick Holmes had two good games filling in for Thurman Thomas too. Where did that get him?

rofl he's been good this season, he was good last season for a rookie, seems like you've been drinking your haterade.

OpIv37
12-21-2009, 08:28 AM
rofl he's been good this season, he was good last season for a rookie, seems like you've been drinking your haterade.

whatever.

Watch the guy play. He gets swallowed up by blockers. Literally eaten alive. He never actually sheds a block.

He doesn't turn his hips well, which at times hinders his pass coverage. he tends to either overestimate his speed or underestimate opponents' speed and take bad angles, particularly when QB's scramble.

The guy was extremely average last year (and he wasn't a rookie last year btw- I know he didn't play much his first year due to the injury, but your failure to acknowledge that shows your bias), and he's had his moments this year but hasn't been anything special.

Forward_Lateral
12-21-2009, 08:31 AM
I'm not here to make Poz out to be the saviour, or even a future probowler. BUT, look at who he's had flanking him at the OLB spots for most of the season. About 10 different combonations, I'd bet, and most of them are practice squat fodder, cast offs, or guys who have no business playing yet (Nic Harris). I know O-line is a priority, but OLB needs to improve dramatically, too. I'd put that need right near the top of the Bills' list for the offseason. Whether they decide to move Poz back outside, and get a MLB and another OLB, or get 2 OLBs, something has to be done. None, Mitchell included, of the current Bills OLBs would be starting on a playoff caliber team. None of them.

The Juice Is Loose
12-21-2009, 08:43 AM

The dude played 2 games his first year. 16 his second. He missed 6 his 3rd. The dude came back after 5 weeks with a broken arm. So he's got 26 career games.

I'm so sick of everybody needing instant gratification around here. We argue, we all piss and moan, we all agree the Bills suck. What did London Fletcher do his first 26 starts?

This is part of the problem around here, expecting a guy to play like a 6 year vet after a season and half.

Poz is one of the few keepers on this team, and his game is improving, and nobody can deny that. He's probably the hardest working guy on the team, and is probably top 16 MLB at least right now. At his rate of improvement, he could make the pro bowl next year.

I don't see Mayo or Curry or Fletcher making Poz type plays this year. You all *****ed about Fletcher making tackles 10 yards downfield. How are the Redskins doing??

Poz - 9.9 tackles per game. 0.4 passes defended per game, 0.3 INT per game
Mayo - 5.6 tackles per game. 0.1 passes defended per game, 0.0 INT per game
Fletcher - 5.3 tackles per game. 0.3 passes defended per game, 0.07 INT per game

Factor in the fact that Mayo has Wilfork in front of him, and Fletcher has Haynesworth AND Orakpo in front of him! Poz also has 1 sack to Fletchers 2 and Mayos 2. They have played more games.

So really, other than Patrick Willis and Ray Lewis, there aren't really any 4-3 MLB's playing better than Paul Poz.

This is just one of those cases where your blindly negative, and hate everybody. I agree the team sucks. But Poz is one of the few bright points. A potential star.

mybills
12-21-2009, 09:00 AM
Fletcher...0.07 INT per game? The guy had a nose for pickling off the ball. It was the best thing he did.

The Juice Is Loose
12-21-2009, 09:11 AM
Fletcher...0.07 INT per game? The guy had a nose for pickling off the ball. It was the best thing he did.

I'm only referencing 2009. Which is the only thing that matters right now.

If we were to keep Fletcher, I wouldn't have opposed it. But, to say that Poz isn't playing as good as Fletcher is obviously wrong.

And people are still clamoring for Fletch to make a pro bowl, but Poz is playing just as well.

We know our D line sucks, so you have to imagine that if we had 2 good d tackles taking up blockers, Poz would be even better.

He's a long term keeper as long as he stays healthy. That said, he had 1 injury and a recurrence, which he bounced right back from. So i'm not too worried about injuries with Poz.

OpIv37
12-21-2009, 09:26 AM
The dude played 2 games his first year. 16 his second. He missed 6 his 3rd. The dude came back after 5 weeks with a broken arm. So he's got 26 career games.

I'm so sick of everybody needing instant gratification around here. We argue, we all piss and moan, we all agree the Bills suck. What did London Fletcher do his first 26 starts?

This is part of the problem around here, expecting a guy to play like a 6 year vet after a season and half.

Poz is one of the few keepers on this team, and his game is improving, and nobody can deny that. He's probably the hardest working guy on the team, and is probably top 16 MLB at least right now. At his rate of improvement, he could make the pro bowl next year.

I don't see Mayo or Curry or Fletcher making Poz type plays this year. You all *****ed about Fletcher making tackles 10 yards downfield. How are the Redskins doing??

Poz - 9.9 tackles per game. 0.4 passes defended per game, 0.3 INT per game
Mayo - 5.6 tackles per game. 0.1 passes defended per game, 0.0 INT per game
Fletcher - 5.3 tackles per game. 0.3 passes defended per game, 0.07 INT per game

Factor in the fact that Mayo has Wilfork in front of him, and Fletcher has Haynesworth AND Orakpo in front of him! Poz also has 1 sack to Fletchers 2 and Mayos 2. They have played more games.

So really, other than Patrick Willis and Ray Lewis, there aren't really any 4-3 MLB's playing better than Paul Poz.

This is just one of those cases where your blindly negative, and hate everybody. I agree the team sucks. But Poz is one of the few bright points. A potential star.

Look at guys like Cushing who come into the league and have an IMMEDIATE impact. Yet, we give guys like Poz chance after chance after chance and never hold them accountable, and blame it on lack of players around him.

Guess what? Poz won't ever have those players around him so he needs to work on what he has.

You want to know why this team is so mediocre? It's because of exactly what you're saying. Rather than holding guys accountable for their performance, we make excuses about lack of experience and other players. We give them chance after chance after chance and they reward us with years of mediocrity.

Other players don't affect the angles Poz takes. Other players don't affect how poorly Poz sheds blocks. You have this myopic view that Poz's critics are basing it off of numbers comparisons, but we're not. Some of us actually watch him play, and the flaws in his game are quite obvious.

The Juice Is Loose
12-21-2009, 09:37 AM
Look at guys like Cushing who come into the league and have an IMMEDIATE impact. Yet, we give guys like Poz chance after chance after chance and never hold them accountable, and blame it on lack of players around him.

Guess what? Poz won't ever have those players around him so he needs to work on what he has.

You want to know why this team is so mediocre? It's because of exactly what you're saying. Rather than holding guys accountable for their performance, we make excuses about lack of experience and other players. We give them chance after chance after chance and they reward us with years of mediocrity.

Other players don't affect the angles Poz takes. Other players don't affect how poorly Poz sheds blocks. You have this myopic view that Poz's critics are basing it off of numbers comparisons, but we're not. Some of us actually watch him play, and the flaws in his game are quite obvious.
Brian Cushing? You mean that guy in Houston with the same amount of INT's as Poz in 4 more games>

IDK, "Impact" to me is "Making plays". IE- Creating Turnovers

Turnovers created: Cushing: 3 in 14 games. Poz: 3 in 10 games.

Hmmmm...Now, doesn't Cushing have the #1 overall pick Mario Williams in front of him? What about top 5 pick DT Amobi Okoye?

Now you also know that the Texans are 7-7, and blow games left and right all year long right?

You also know that they pick like Top 5 every year, have better linebackers around Cushing? Cushing has 108 tackles, Poz has 99.

So you ridicule Poz about these downfalls, yet you don't watch Texans games. Don't tell me you do. They have made the exact same amount of impact, Poz in less games with less talent around him.

Cushing has 108 tackles, Poz 99. Poz has played 4 less games.

You can bash Poz all you want. You talk about these "angles" he supposedly ****s up. Well I don't recall a SINGLE long TD that went by Poz. He gets more tackles per game and the same amount of INTs.

You just used Cushing as an argument against Poz. Stats were invented because they put what a player does in writing. Poz has the same type stats as Cushing.

Therefore Poz = Cushing.

Your high if you think Cushing would be doing any better in the same position.

And as far as your "Immediate Impact" quote. In his rookie year, when he broke his arm, he had more tackles than anybody in the NFL in his first 2 weeks. Isn't that immediate impact?

OpIv37
12-21-2009, 09:43 AM
Brian Cushing? You mean that guy in Houston with the same amount of INT's as Poz in 4 more games>

IDK, "Impact" to me is "Making plays". IE- Creating Turnovers

Turnovers created: Cushing: 3 in 14 games. Poz: 3 in 10 games.

Hmmmm...Now, doesn't Cushing have the #1 overall pick Mario Williams in front of him? What about top 5 pick DT Amobi Okoye?

Now you also know that the Texans are 7-7, and blow games left and right all year long right?

You also know that they pick like Top 5 every year, have better linebackers around Cushing? Cushing has 108 tackles, Poz has

So you ridicule Poz about these downfalls, yet you don't watch Texans games. Don't tell me you do. They have made the exact same amount of impact, Poz in less games with less talent around him.

Cushing has 108 tackles, Poz 99. Poz has played 4 less games.

You can bash Poz all you want. You talk about these "angles" he supposedly ****s up. Well I don't recall a SINGLE long TD that went by Poz. He gets more tackles per game and the same amount of INTs.

You just used Cushing as an argument against Poz. Stats were invented because they put what a player does in writing. Poz has the same type stats as Cushing.

Therefore Poz = Cushing.

Your high if you think Cushing would be doing any better in the same position.

And as far as your "Immediate Impact" quote. In his rookie year, when he broke his arm, he had more tackles than anybody in the NFL in his first 2 weeks. Isn't that immediate impact?

Wow, you are dense. First, just because the Texans pick top 5 every year doesn't mean they have better players. Draft position doesn't always equate to better (see Whitner, Donte).

Second, just because Poz takes a bad angle doesn't mean it has to result in a TD. It just means he gets beat to the edge and allows the runner to turn the corner.

Third, Cushing's stats are better than Poz's and he's a ****ING ROOKIE! A second ago you were using Poz's "only 26 starts" as an excuse, but you're not accounting for the fact that Cushing has better stats despite having FEWER career starts.

Impact plays are great, but they mean little if you struggle on routine plays between impact plays (see Mitchell, Kawika). Basically, you are proving my point- Poz is an average player who makes an "impact play" from time to time, and guys like you jump all over his jock when he does.

mybills
12-21-2009, 09:47 AM
oops, I meant picking. :chuckle:

justasportsfan
12-21-2009, 09:49 AM
Not calling POz a bust at this point but it's not hard to stick out with the lbing "corpse" we have left.

Philagape
12-21-2009, 09:50 AM

You know what's amazing? If Poz is really a good player, and Whitner's really a good player, and Kyle Williams is really a good player, it must be some kind of miracle that the Bills have the worst run defense in the league.

Homers. They never cease to amaze.

Jan Reimers
12-21-2009, 09:55 AM
Poz may be better on the outside, but he still does a damned good job in the middle. If every player on this team worked as hard and played as intelligently, we would be in the playoffs. Every year.

I guess frustration causes us to think that every player on this team sucks. There are a few that actually play well, and Poz is one.

OpIv37
12-21-2009, 09:58 AM
Poz may be better on the outside, but he still does a damned good job in the middle. If every player on this team worked as hard and played as intelligently, we would be in the playoffs. Every year.

I guess frustration causes us to think that every player on this team sucks. There are a few that actually play well, and Poz is one.

Poz certainly isn't the worst guy or the biggest problem on the team, but most of the time he's average at best. Intelligent, yes, but it doesn't matter if he runs right to the point of attack only to be completely engulfed by a blocker.

DMBcrew36
12-21-2009, 10:03 AM
Poz is like a white, poor man's London Fletcher.

trapezeus
12-21-2009, 10:05 AM
Juice, you are sick of the fact that people want instant gratification? Are you kidding? now one is getting gratification from this team.

Poz has no help and isn't a game changer. he's servicable and a no-name around the league. with proper support, he'd be a piece of the puzzle.

We keep drafting non-superstars in superstar rounds. That is why we are mediocre.

Poz is ok, he's not a top 10 linebacker. he has zero support and he's being asked to do much more than he can.

but it doesn't help his cause that he rarely gets to a tackle and drives a guy backwards. He usually grabs on and gets decked.

The Juice Is Loose
12-21-2009, 11:38 AM
Wow, you are dense. First, just because the Texans pick top 5 every year doesn't mean they have better players. Draft position doesn't always equate to better (see Whitner, Donte).

Second, just because Poz takes a bad angle doesn't mean it has to result in a TD. It just means he gets beat to the edge and allows the runner to turn the corner.

Third, Cushing's stats are better than Poz's and he's a ****ING ROOKIE! A second ago you were using Poz's "only 26 starts" as an excuse, but you're not accounting for the fact that Cushing has better stats despite having FEWER career starts.

Impact plays are great, but they mean little if you struggle on routine plays between impact plays (see Mitchell, Kawika). Basically, you are proving my point- Poz is an average player who makes an "impact play" from time to time, and guys like you jump all over his jock when he does.

First point I'd like to make is to state that YOU always resort to insults. I'm having a conversation and don't recall using insulting words on you.

Second of all, it's common knowledge that the Bills defensive line blows. Common. ****ing. Knowledge. Cushing has stars such as Mario Williams and Amobe Okoye right in front of him.

The Houston Texans are giving up 4.4 yards per carry, the Bills, 4.8. Both defenses suck.

Just because Cushing hasn't started every game, he's played in more, and has barely more tackles.

I'm not saying Poz is god, but he's a potential stud in the league. Period. He has just as much upside and potential as Crushing. And the fact is, if you watch Bills games, you don't watch Texans games. You don't know what "Angles" Cushing takes or errors he makes, you go by what you see on ESPN. He went to USC, so everything he does is going to be magnified by the girls who run ESPN so that the girls who watch it can be like "oohhh cushing"

WTF ever. Cushing isn't any better than Poz, and I don't need to call you "dense" to get my point across.

Ever think that maybe, when Poz is taking a "bad angle" he has an "assignment" that he is being coached to be at? Then when the other 10 guys on his side of the ball, most of whom suck, screw up, maybe he has to improvise and compensate to make up for it?

The Juice Is Loose
12-21-2009, 11:39 AM
Juice, you are sick of the fact that people want instant gratification? Are you kidding? now one is getting gratification from this team.

Poz has no help and isn't a game changer. he's servicable and a no-name around the league. with proper support, he'd be a piece of the puzzle.

We keep drafting non-superstars in superstar rounds. That is why we are mediocre.

Poz is ok, he's not a top 10 linebacker. he has zero support and he's being asked to do much more than he can.

but it doesn't help his cause that he rarely gets to a tackle and drives a guy backwards. He usually grabs on and gets decked.

Please name 10 ILB's playing better than Poz. Please.

Willis, Lewis...who? Someone tell me.

The Juice Is Loose
12-21-2009, 11:42 AM
And, just so we all know, the defense is not the reason we are 5-9.

ddaryl
12-21-2009, 11:43 AM
well considering he has not played a full seaosn for us yet, and he was a rookie in 2009 on a sub par team, and now is a one year vet on the same subpar team.... I'm in no hurry to right him off.

I think Poz wil continue to get better and as the team around him gets better he will get even better yet... hopefully

OpIv37
First point I'd like to make is to state that YOU always resort to insults. I'm having a conversation and don't recall using insulting words on you.

Second of all, it's common knowledge that the Bills defensive line blows. Common. ****ing. Knowledge. Cushing has stars such as Mario Williams and Amobe Okoye right in front of him.

The Houston Texans are giving up 4.4 yards per carry, the Bills, 4.8. Both defenses suck.

Just because Cushing hasn't started every game, he's played in more, and has barely more tackles.

I'm not saying Poz is god, but he's a potential stud in the league. Period. He has just as much upside and potential as Crushing. And the fact is, if you watch Bills games, you don't watch Texans games. You don't know what "Angles" Cushing takes or errors he makes, you go by what you see on ESPN. He went to USC, so everything he does is going to be magnified by the girls who run ESPN so that the girls who watch it can be like "oohhh cushing"

WTF ever. Cushing isn't any better than Poz, and I don't need to call you "dense" to get my point across.

Ever think that maybe, when Poz is taking a "bad angle" he has an "assignment" that he is being coached to be at? Then when the other 10 guys on his side of the ball, most of whom suck, screw up, maybe he has to improvise and compensate to make up for it?

Coaching and angles have nothing to do with one another. Poz is in a position to run someone to the outside, he takes a sharp angle, and gets beat to the edge. What position could you possibly be talking about? The position would determine where he is before he starts his pursuit, not after he gets beat.

I'm a ND fan. I hate USC. I hate seeing USC players get props. But to sit here and say Poz has as much upside as Cushing? That's just insane.

justasportsfan
And, just so we all know, the defense is not the reason we are 5-9.

:up:

trapezeus
12-21-2009, 11:49 AM
They may not be the reason we are 5-9...but if we were a good team, would you trust this defense to get you a stop and get the ball back? i don't.

there are major upgrades needed here in more spots than the offense. the offense needs a LT and a qb (arguably some receivers),

the defense still needes to find schobel's replacement and then another DE then a DT and then 2 LB's one of which is a superstar that can be a game changing player.

The Juice Is Loose
12-21-2009, 11:51 AM
Coaching and angles have nothing to do with one another. Poz is in a position to run someone to the outside, he takes a sharp angle, and gets beat to the edge. What position could you possibly be talking about? The position would determine where he is before he starts his pursuit, not after he gets beat.

I'm a ND fan. I hate USC. I hate seeing USC players get props. But to sit here and say Poz has as much upside as Cushing? That's just insane.

I just feel that Poz is one of the bright spots on this team. He plays hard, he plays smart, and he's been steadily improving. In his rookie year before he got injured, he was making an impact right away.

I'd also like to consider the fact that the AFCE is 10x as strong as the sorry ass AFC south. Jacksonville and Tennesee are very inconsistant.

You put a strong Dt in front of him, get an offense that can score, idk, 3 tdpg, and all of a sudden our defense is better.

Its hard to stop the run when your losing and your offense goes 3 and out 85% of the time.

trapezeus
12-21-2009, 11:53 AM
^which is exactly the point the "Anti-Poz" people are making. He's not a superstar who can overcome these glaring weaknesses on his own. He needs help.

No one thinks he's a bust, but he is not being helped adequately.

justasportsfan
12-21-2009, 11:57 AM
They may not be the reason we are 5-9...but if we were a good team, would you trust this defense to get you a stop and get the ball back? i don't.

there are major upgrades needed here in more spots than the offense. the offense needs a LT and a qb (arguably some receivers),

the defense still needes to find schobel's replacement and then another DE then a DT and then 2 LB's one of which is a superstar that can be a game changing player.

the D has been the brightest unit on this team. They play against the opponents and our very own ofeense.

OpIv37
12-21-2009, 11:57 AM
I just feel that Poz is one of the bright spots on this team. He plays hard, he plays smart, and he's been steadily improving. In his rookie year before he got injured, he was making an impact right away.

I'd also like to consider the fact that the AFCE is 10x as strong as the sorry ass AFC south. Jacksonville and Tennesee are very inconsistant.

You put a strong Dt in front of him, get an offense that can score, idk, 3 tdpg, and all of a sudden our defense is better.

Its hard to stop the run when your losing and your offense goes 3 and out 85% of the time.

Bright spot? I don't know if I'd go that far, but at the same time, he's the only starting caliber LB on this team.

For the right price, I'd deal him, but at this point there are maybe 4 guys on this team that I wouldn't deal if the offer was right, so that isn't saying much. And I don't think we should even consider replacing him this off-season because we have far more pressing needs.

Give him another season or two- but I don't think he'll ever be a stud. He'll be average to slightly above average for us as long as he stays at MLB. IF he gets moved to the outside, I could see him being above average.

trapezeus
12-21-2009, 12:03 PM
the D has been the brightest unit on this team. They play against the opponents and our very own ofeense.

both my statement and your statement hold water. the defense has done well on a crap team. are they close to being the unit you want to go to the playoffs with? no. i think you'd agree.

OP- dealing Poz won't happen. it's the same thing as dealing maybin. We overvalued the person and paid him. Why would someone want to trade picks on someone who is still showing to be a project, when you can get a younger guy with less mileage. This is on the bills now to maximize his value and get him to play better with a better cast and better coaching.

You can put lynch, evans, Maybin on that list as well. we've overpaid them. a casual bystander isn't impressed with these guys. They aren't going to pay picks to get a guy who has shown to be a non-difference maker. The fans are more excited about picking youth than taking project vets.

DraftBoy
12-21-2009, 12:04 PM
Please name 10 ILB's playing better than Poz. Please.

Willis, Lewis...who? Someone tell me.

Curtis Lofton
Jon Beason
Patrick Willis
Barrett Rudd
David Harris
Ray Lewis
DeMeco Ryans
Jonathan Vilma
Dhani Jones
Bart Scott

The Juice Is Loose
12-21-2009, 12:39 PM
At least 2-3 of those are debatable. Poz has more picks and tackles per game than Lofton. David Harris I'd call pretty even. Same picks. Similar tackles per game. Ruud has similar tackles per game, less picks.

So Poz is the 11th best ILB in the league even if I don't argue with that. Put him on a good team, his production increases.

DraftBoy
12-21-2009, 12:40 PM
At least 2-3 of those are debatable. Poz has more picks and tackles per game than Lofton. David Harris I'd call pretty even. Same picks. Similar tackles per game. Ruud has similar tackles per game, less picks.

So Poz is the 11th best ILB in the league even if I don't argue with that. Put him on a good team, his production increases.

Stats don't mean everything, and these guys have much better instincts than Poz.

justasportsfan
12-21-2009, 12:41 PM
You can put lynch, evans, Maybin on that list as well. we've overpaid them. a casual bystander isn't impressed with these guys. They aren't going to pay picks to get a guy who has shown to be a non-difference maker. The fans are more excited about picking youth than taking project vets.

they becamse overpaid when they hired a coach who doesn't know what to do with them. Not their fault.

The Juice Is Loose
12-21-2009, 12:58 PM
Stats don't mean everything, and these guys have much better instincts than Poz.
I honestly want to know how everybody thinks they know everything? I have Sunday ticket, I watch football non stopped. I have fantasy players on a wide variety of teams, whom I watch a lot.

Cutler, S Jackson, M Barber, S Rice, A Johnson, Ochocino, etc...

I watch hours upon hours of football and I haven't watched, or even heard of, the LB on Atlanta.

Fact is, this place is full of people who "know everything"...I'd like to know when you or OP went on the line and said something about a player that was dead right. Like predicting draft, or free agents.

Honestly, you telling me you didn't want to draft Poz in the 2nd round that year?! BS. Dude had first round grades by most of the people in the league. We passed on him and he fell to the 2nd, it was a high value, low risk pick.

Compared to our other 2nd round picks, Roscoe, McCargo, Hardy, etc etc etc Poz has outperformed them all.

This team is crap, he's had horrible coaches, nobdoy around him. YOu guys are talking out your ass with 90% of what you say.

I have better insticts than you do. Cuz I say so. I have no evidence or any supporting argument other than throwing out the word instincts.

Hall of fame linebackers called Poz "The best LB to ever play" at LINEBACKER U

That means more to me than your dumbass one line comments.

PS I know McCargo was a first rounder, but we wasted a 2nd rounder, and he'd suck as a 7th rounder.

BillsFanCupp38
12-21-2009, 01:26 PM
I have been extremely impressed with Poz as of late. Hopefully they are signs of things to come.

HHURRICANE
12-21-2009, 01:29 PM
I don't balme Poz for being mediocre. I blame the fornt office for drfating mediocre players.

I belive that Denney and Kelsay are both second rounders but if they got cut tommorrow I doubt they find another roster.

It's typical Bills. If your not sure just look at the Orakpo vs. Maybin **** up.

doomsdayvirus
12-21-2009, 03:13 PM
i've heard a lot of complaining that poz only makes tackles after the line of scrimmage.

srsly?

how many linebackers do you know that consistently make tackles at the line when not blitzing? that's not their job. that's the D-line's job. you know, the guys that line up ON the line, not 5 yards back.

sure it can happen once in a while, but if you're expecting that on every play or even half the plays you're just kidding yourself.

DraftBoy
12-21-2009, 03:15 PM
I honestly want to know how everybody thinks they know everything? I have Sunday ticket, I watch football non stopped. I have fantasy players on a wide variety of teams, whom I watch a lot.

Cutler, S Jackson, M Barber, S Rice, A Johnson, Ochocino, etc...

I watch hours upon hours of football and I haven't watched, or even heard of, the LB on Atlanta.

Fact is, this place is full of people who "know everything"...I'd like to know when you or OP went on the line and said something about a player that was dead right. Like predicting draft, or free agents.

Honestly, you telling me you didn't want to draft Poz in the 2nd round that year?! BS. Dude had first round grades by most of the people in the league. We passed on him and he fell to the 2nd, it was a high value, low risk pick.

Compared to our other 2nd round picks, Roscoe, McCargo, Hardy, etc etc etc Poz has outperformed them all.

This team is crap, he's had horrible coaches, nobdoy around him. YOu guys are talking out your ass with 90% of what you say.

I have better insticts than you do. Cuz I say so. I have no evidence or any supporting argument other than throwing out the word instincts.

Hall of fame linebackers called Poz "The best LB to ever play" at LINEBACKER U

That means more to me than your dumbass one line comments.

PS I know McCargo was a first rounder, but we wasted a 2nd rounder, and he'd suck as a 7th rounder.

You lost your argument when you said you watch a lot of football yet haven't heard of the NFL's leading tackler.

YardRat
12-21-2009, 07:41 PM
i've heard a lot of complaining that poz only makes tackles after the line of scrimmage.

srsly?

how many linebackers do you know that consistently make tackles at the line when not blitzing? that's not their job. that's the D-line's job. you know, the guys that line up ON the line, not 5 yards back.

sure it can happen once in a while, but if you're expecting that on every play or even half the plays you're just kidding yourself.

I would have to disagree with this, especially considering the scheme the Bills currently run. The MLB's responsibilities are either to read run and fill the gap, or read pass and drop into the middle zone. The POS appears to be improving against the pass, but he suffers against the run.

Too many times, instead of hitting the same hole and making at least some kind of contact on the ball-carrier (I don't expect him to make every tackle, but he should at least be hitting him or forcing him out of the rushing lane) the POS is trailing the back...many times badly. Count how many times during a game on a rushing play he's either standing above the pile after the tackle is made or not in the picture at all. That means he is either A)Not reading the play properly B)Allowing himself to get man-handled by an offensive lineman or C)Out of position to begin with based on his pre-snap read.

Any of the three, displayed on a consistent basis, is unacceptable for the man in the middle.

Poz may be better suited for the Will spot in either a 3-4 or 4-3 scheme, but he definitely isn't Mike material.

Mr. Pink
12-21-2009, 08:49 PM
Typical thread to defend mediocrity.

Is the POS the worst player on our team? No.

Is the POS the best player on our team? No.

Is the POS an average NFL LBer? Yes.

He fits in with most of our other average, run of the mill, easily replaceable "studs"

Pinkerton Security
12-21-2009, 10:22 PM
Typical thread to defend mediocrity.

Is the POS the worst player on our team? No.

Is the POS the best player on our team? No.

Is the POS an average NFL LBer? Yes.

He fits in with most of our other average, run of the mill, easily replaceable "studs"

Typical response to a thread when someone plays well...

again, it doesnt matter if Poz had 35 tackles and 5 picks in a game, you'd just bring up that he is easily replaceable. 90% OF PLAYERS IN THE NFL ARE EASILY REPLACEABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or more

Mr. Pink
12-21-2009, 10:40 PM
Typical response to a thread when someone plays well...

again, it doesnt matter if Poz had 35 tackles and 5 picks in a game, you'd just bring up that he is easily replaceable. 90% OF PLAYERS IN THE NFL ARE EASILY REPLACEABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or more

The POS plays well like a tenth of the time.

He's average and built up to god like status on these boards, much like Whitner is.

The truth is you could replace either guy with any other MLB or S in the league and it wouldn't make the position any weaker and in some cases it would be made stronger.

Griff
12-22-2009, 02:41 AM
whatever.

Watch the guy play. He gets swallowed up by blockers. Literally eaten alive. He never actually sheds a block.

He doesn't turn his hips well, which at times hinders his pass coverage. he tends to either overestimate his speed or underestimate opponents' speed and take bad angles, particularly when QB's scramble.

The guy was extremely average last year (and he wasn't a rookie last year btw- I know he didn't play much his first year due to the injury, but your failure to acknowledge that shows your bias), and he's had his moments this year but hasn't been anything special.

yet he's always making plays. So 3 games is the equivalent of a regular season?

Griff
12-22-2009, 02:42 AM
The POS plays well like a tenth of the time.

He's average and built up to god like status on these boards, much like Whitner is.

The truth is you could replace either guy with any other MLB or S in the league and it wouldn't make the position any weaker and in some cases it would be made stronger.

London Fletcher disproves this fallacy.

mybills
12-22-2009, 06:45 AM
London is pro bowl bound this year. just sayin'.