PDA

View Full Version : anyone have a take...

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-21-2009, 08:14 AM
anyone have a take on how incognito played? he had one tickytac penalty... but any think he should be tried to keep around after this year?

Is he a piece to a better puzzle?

Beastie Bills
12-21-2009, 08:17 AM
I thought he looked good. I noticed him driving his defender downfield, a few times. That penalty was BS.

I'd definitely try to keep him, even if it's just for depth. But Wood's natural position is Center, so I'd like Incognito and Levitre at the Guard spots, with Wood in the middle (assuming he is ready to start the season next year). Incognito started 44 games for the Rams, and they've been really good running the ball.

yordad
I thought physically he did rather well. There were a few glaring mental errors, but that was to be expected after only 4 days here. I think he is a keeper, and possibly a '10 starter.

Mahdi
anyone have a take on how incognito played? he had one tickytac penalty... but any think he should be tried to keep around after this year?

Is he a piece to a better puzzle?
On the first drive especially he was a beast. They guy was blocking down on the NT then releasing and going after Jerrod Mayo. Twice I saw him block two front 7 defenders on the same play.

Guy loves to run block, and was one of the key reasons we ran the ball so well. He is not a great pass protector but is good enough.

Beastie Bills
12-21-2009, 08:18 AM
On the first drive especially he was a beast. They guy was blocking down on the NT then releasing and going after Jerrod Mayo. Twice I saw him block two front 7 defenders on the same play.

Guy loves to run block, and was one of the key reasons we ran the ball so well. He is not a great pass protector but is good enough.

I agree. And if we had any threat of a running-game, pass protection would be easier anyway.

SABURZFAN
12-21-2009, 08:19 AM
my take is that a guy is going to make mistakes when you're pushed into service as a starter with only 4 days practice. i would keep him around to better the position of the OL.

ddaryl
12-21-2009, 08:27 AM
Good to hear guys. I haven't watch the game yet, but hopefully the desperate moves this team has had to make to be able to produce an OL has brought us a few players that will greatly improve our oL moving forward after this year.

I still have hopes for Meredith and Simmons to be able to return to this team along side of Incognito and hopefully a LT acqusition for 2010

Historian
12-21-2009, 08:33 AM
He looked good, and I have to say that I want a couple of nasty blockers on my line.

That's the problem with this team....lack of toughness.

Forward_Lateral
12-21-2009, 08:34 AM
Can be play tackle? Anyone know if he's ever seen time at tackle in the NFL?

Mahdi
12-21-2009, 08:35 AM
Can be play tackle? Anyone know if he's ever seen time at tackle in the NFL?
Not a OT at all. He is strictly a G.

BlackMetalNinja
12-21-2009, 08:38 AM
He definitely looked more capable playing guard yesterday than just about anybody has all year for this team. The problem is that the stupid mental errors and dirty plays will never end with him. It just depends on what kind of trade off you're willing to have.

SABURZFAN
12-21-2009, 08:39 AM
Not a OT at all. He is strictly a G.

the guy looked like a tree stump with football gear.

Italian Stallion
12-21-2009, 08:51 AM
the guy looked like a tree stump with football gear.

hahaha thats exactly what I was saying when I saw him trot out onto the field. I also thought he showed pretty well considering he was on another team at this time a week ago.

He's absolutly worth keeping around next year and at least competing for a job in camp

The Juice Is Loose
12-21-2009, 08:53 AM
We need to lock him up long term, right now!

Think about it, he's probably panicking about his long term viability after getting in trouble. We could sign a 26 year old 325lb G with tattoos, whose a badass, and intellegent to a long term discount deal right now.

You'd have to be a total ****** to not think that. Therefore the Bills will probably let him road grade someone to a 2000 yard rushing season next year. On another team.

jamze132
12-21-2009, 04:04 PM
I think we should offer him a contract as soon as FAs hit the market. Obviously a lot of teams may be scared away because of his antics, but if he can get them under control and keep his intensity, he could be a valuable commodity to have going into next season. It's quite obvious that our O-line is one of the weakest parts of our team. He should be kept.

Nighthawk
12-21-2009, 05:38 PM
my take is that a guy is going to make mistakes when you're pushed into service as a starter with only 4 days practice. i would keep him around to better the position of the OL.

Agreed...I thought he looked fairly decent for 4 days worth of preparation. I'd like them to keep as a piece of the OL puzzle for next season.

BertSquirtgum
12-21-2009, 07:03 PM
i was the the game and this dude is an absolute monster. you could see he massive size from where we were sitting. he should definitely be kept. i watched him drive some guys straight to the ground a few times. it was hard to watch with all the drunk canadian pats fans around us. un****ing believable

Ebenezer
12-21-2009, 07:15 PM
he had two penalties. i didnt see anything that blew me out of my chair. there were a couple of plays where he pulled too early and was out in space while the runner was crashing into unblocked players. i didn't see any breakdown in pass protection. nothing terrible, nothing spectacular. two penalties but reason for hope. I wouldn't do anything either way at this point.