PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the Wildcat?

Mahdi
12-21-2009, 09:40 AM
We were running the Wildcat really well with Fred and Marshawn and now suddenly we drop it completely???

Not only was the passing game not working anyways, but the Pats were missing their best DL players and we couldn't get in a few Wildcat plays??? Not to mention the fact that the Pats struggle to defend that formation.

I really dont like Van Pelt anymore.

The Juice Is Loose
12-21-2009, 09:41 AM
I hate everybody in the organization that doesn't wear shoulder pads and helmets, and I hate half the guys who do!

The wildcat was invented for New England. They've always struggled with it. We were running down their throat at the opening of the game.

Then we stopped running, and didn't use the wildcat.

Its like, we want to beat teams the "hard way"

"Well they can't stop the run so let's throw!"

AVP belongs in some college program, not as a coach so much as a water boy or maybe equipment manager.

trapezeus
12-21-2009, 04:19 PM
with edwards gone, fitz a potential no, and brohm never getting a shot....i think you'll see a whole lot of wildcat the next 2 weeks.

SpillerThrills
12-21-2009, 04:25 PM
with edwards gone, fitz a potential no, and brohm never getting a shot....i think you'll see a whole lot of wildcat the next 2 weeks.

Roscoe as our QB this week???? he has been the emergency 3rd QB in the past.....

Demon
12-21-2009, 04:30 PM
We were running the Wildcat really well with Fred and Marshawn and now suddenly we drop it completely???

Not only was the passing game not working anyways, but the Pats were missing their best DL players and we couldn't get in a few Wildcat plays??? Not to mention the fact that the Pats struggle to defend that formation.

I really dont like Van Pelt anymore.

Anymore? Jeez, you know your team has hit rock bottom when it takes fans to week 15 to realize we have bozo's running the team. lol

I do agree with your post though, it's a complete joke. Their game plan was horrid. They played very simple. They played it from the Dick Jauron "play not to lose" playbook..... tried nothing crazy, all nice and easy plays.

I seriously can not wait until Perry Fewell and Alex Van Pelt get fired. AVP just needs to go back to UB and coach the QBs.