PDA

View Full Version : Finsfans or college experts

justasportsfan
12-21-2009, 10:26 AM
What happened? I remember analysts spoke highly of him in the draft. Cam Cameron drafted him and he's a back up at the ravens. Was he any better than Brohm out of college? :idunno:

justasportsfan
12-21-2009, 10:27 AM
opps, wrong forum. :ill:

Mike13
12-21-2009, 10:34 AM
You mean John Beck? His development was just grossly mishandled and he was thrown into a ****ty situation, thus you have a mentally broken QB.

DraftBoy
12-21-2009, 10:40 AM
He wasn't ready, he got drafted way too high and he had limited NFL potential to begin with. Not really anything to him.

justasportsfan
12-21-2009, 10:48 AM
WOuld he be a qb to look at? :idunno:

DraftBoy
12-21-2009, 10:49 AM

Did you enjoy the Losman or Edwards eras? In other words he is much of the same. He is destroyed mentally speaking.

Static
12-21-2009, 10:49 AM

I would say no.

Mike13
12-21-2009, 10:53 AM

If you want a few one win seasons then by all means....

justasportsfan
12-21-2009, 11:03 AM
If you want a few one win seasons then by all means....

I know how bad he was while he was with the fins but that wasn't his fault. The fins were in rebuilding mode and Cam isn't HC material. Just thinking that based on the situation the bills are in, is he an option instead of going for the qb's in this draft class.

DraftBoy
12-21-2009, 11:36 AM
I know how bad he was while he was with the fins but that wasn't his fault. The fins were in rebuilding mode and Cam isn't HC material. Just thinking that based on the situation the bills are in, is he an option instead of going for the qb's in this draft class.

Cam is HC material he was just in a horrible situation, imo.

justasportsfan
12-21-2009, 11:40 AM
Cam is HC material he was just in a horrible situation, imo.

I won't question his offensive mind but his defense is neither here nor there. This is why I liked McDaniels. He's handled both sides of the ball and was good at it.

yordad
12-21-2009, 11:55 AM
I just remember Beck Having one of the worst games I have ever seen a QB have. Thankfully, that one was against Buffalo.

Static
12-21-2009, 12:11 PM
he is 27 or 28 by now also.

justasportsfan
12-21-2009, 12:19 PM
he is 27 or 28 by now also.

Meh, age is over rated.

yordad
12-21-2009, 12:25 PM
Meh, age is over rated.Wait until you hit 30.

Static
12-21-2009, 12:27 PM
especially if he hasn't been developed yet.

justasportsfan
12-21-2009, 12:34 PM
Wait until you hit 30.

5 more years to go.

dolphan117
12-21-2009, 02:41 PM
Cam is HC material he was just in a horrible situation, imo.As someone who followed it very closely I disagree with this in pretty much the strongest possible terms. Cam is a brilliant offensive mind, one of the absolute best in football but there is a HUGE difference between being an OC and being a head coach and the primary issue is the ability to lead, which based on his time in Miami he simply didnt have.

Late in the year he pretty much lost the locker room in Miami..... In comes Parcells/Sparano and we win the AFC East, with many of the same players.

As to Beck, he was indeed thrown into the fire in Miami before he was ready. Cam actually didnt want to start him but was forced into it by the since fired GM Mueller. Mentally he was indeed damaged and isnt a guy I would want to hang my hat on as a franchise QB but given that he has essentially had the last 2 years off he may have gotten his confidence back to the point where he is worth a look as a number 2 who competes with someone else to start.

Mike13
12-21-2009, 10:15 PM
I know how bad he was while he was with the fins but that wasn't his fault. The fins were in rebuilding mode and Cam isn't HC material. Just thinking that based on the situation the bills are in, is he an option instead of going for the qb's in this draft class

I was exageratting of course.

Cameron was an awful HC, He CREATED a bad situation.

patmoran2006
12-21-2009, 11:03 PM
As someone who followed it very closely I disagree with this in pretty much the strongest possible terms. Cam is a brilliant offensive mind, one of the absolute best in football but there is a HUGE difference between being an OC and being a head coach and the primary issue is the ability to lead, which based on his time in Miami he simply didnt have.

Late in the year he pretty much lost the locker room in Miami..... In comes Parcells/Sparano and we win the AFC East, with many of the same players.

As to Beck, he was indeed thrown into the fire in Miami before he was ready. Cam actually didnt want to start him but was forced into it by the since fired GM Mueller. Mentally he was indeed damaged and isnt a guy I would want to hang my hat on as a franchise QB but given that he has essentially had the last 2 years off he may have gotten his confidence back to the point where he is worth a look as a number 2 who competes with someone else to start.

Good post.. I appreciate a good post, regardless of what team you root for.