PDA

View Full Version : How funny would it be if the Jets or Fins miss the playoffs...

Ebenezer
12-21-2009, 10:50 AM
...and it was because they lost a game to the Bills?

Love screwing up the division opponents lives!!

DraftBoy
12-21-2009, 10:52 AM
Not that funny since they will still both finish ahead of us and have far brighter futures at the moment.

yordad
12-21-2009, 10:55 AM
It wouldn't be a knee slapper, but I would like that.

justasportsfan
12-21-2009, 10:56 AM
Not that funny since they will still both finish ahead of us and have far brighter futures at the moment.
It's not about the future but screwing them over. Get with the program.

Italian Stallion
12-21-2009, 11:05 AM
Not funny at all actually. Considering that if we wern't so dysfunctional and won a few extra games like we should of (First NE and Cle for sure) then we would be right on the cusp of the race as well.

Seems as though we say this every year, so excuse me if I fail to see the humor in it. And to DraftBoy's point...the fish and jets are still waaaaaaay better than us and actually have a direction they are moving in. We beat them in 2 meaningless games. Awesome.

justasportsfan
12-21-2009, 11:07 AM
DB and IS , where's your Xmas spirit? :mad:

LtFinFan66
12-21-2009, 11:08 AM
...and it was because they lost a game to the Bills?

Love screwing up the division opponents lives!!guess if you can't make the playoffs yourself...it gives you something to hang your hat on....sad as it is..ENJOY

Not to break your spirit...but one loss to one team doesn't end your playoff hopes

OpIv37
12-21-2009, 12:02 PM
Meh.

I would have loved to have broken the streak against the Pats and reduced their playoff hopes, but we blew two very winnable games against them this season. As much as I hate the Jets and Fins, I'd much rather see one of them in there than Brady or Bellicheck.

cocamide
12-21-2009, 12:04 PM

The Dolphins seem to have a bright future, but the Jets? I'm not so sure. I realize he's a rookie and all, but if I were a Jets fan, I wouldn't be too excited about the Sanchize.

DraftBoy
12-21-2009, 12:05 PM
It's not about the future but screwing them over. Get with the program.

NYJ will not get in because Sanchez is playing like crap, not because of us.

Miami's problem is that they can't finish games.

justasportsfan
12-21-2009, 12:18 PM
NYJ will not get in because Sanchez is playing like crap, not because of us.

Miami's problem is that they can't finish games.

bahumbug!

zone
12-21-2009, 12:22 PM
Sad part is, all three of the other AFC east teams will probably lose out, if we would have won yesterday we would still have a chance at winning the division. Really sad, but true.