X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

Thurman Thomas still expects a "Big Splash"

How can this be? We're told by some of the "experts" on these boards that Ralph's lied to us in order to increase ticket sales.

Western New York’s number one source for daily sports talk and play-by-play as the flagship station of the Bills and Sabres. Stream, read and download WGR 550 AM from any device on Audacy

"I'm into it. I'm not like Jim (Kelly) and want to be an owner but, I want to be a part of the turn-around. They know that. I've had some conversations with Russ Brandon. They're well aware of my situation and what I want to do over there. I want to be a part of this big splash that they're going to make.

"I think it's pretty likely that I'll be a part of it, yeah. I think I'm at a point right now where I can throw my two cents in and they'll listen to me. I think it's going to fine. I think it's all going to work out."

"I think we're on the right path with Mr. (Ralph) Wilson and the Bills. I think (fans) should be really optimistic that they're going to get something really, really nice under the tree. I honestly think that (the Bills) are going to make a big splash."

"He's in a position now where he wants to go out a winner. He wants to see fun football at his stadium again and I think he's going to do whatever it takes to get that done this offseason."
    Last edited by Yasgur's Farm; 12-21-2009, 12:38 PM.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Thurman Thomas still expects a "Big Splash"

Are we bringing back Polian?
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

I hope he is right....I really do.

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Feb 2009

Why do I have a feeling that Thurman and Jim meddling in our business is hurting us not helping us?

If either of them was actually willing to do a damn thing, they'd have been position coaches on this team 10 years ago.

They just want to sound off occasionally. They don't want to actually do anything, because that could risk them looking like a dumbass.

Thats why I gotta respect Marv...Even though Marv completely bungled this team as GM, at least he was willing to put his reputation on the line and at 80 years old was willing to put in the work to try to turn this team around.

Sorry but Jim writing an article once a week and Thurman and Talley sounding off a couple times a year doesn't do anything. Shutup unless your going to DO SOMETHING.
        Last edited by The Juice Is Loose; 12-21-2009, 01:06 PM.

Comment

• patmoran2006
          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by The Juice Is Loose
          Why do I have a feeling that Thurman and Jim meddling in our business is hurting us not helping us?

If either of them was actually willing to do a damn thing, they'd have been position coaches on this team 10 years ago.

They just want to sound off occasionally. They don't want to actually do anything, because that could risk them looking like a dumbass.

Thats why I gotta respect Marv...Even though Marv completely bungled this team as GM, at least he was willing to put his reputation on the line and at 80 years old was willing to put in the work to try to turn this team around.

Sorry but Jim writing an article once a week and Thurman and Talley sounding off a couple times a year doesn't do anything. Shutup unless your going to DO SOMETHING.
          I don't know him and cannot speak for Jim Kelly, but it couldn't be more obvious how little you know Darryl Talley and Thurman Thomas.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

i get juice's point though. how are they any better than a Matt Millen? They aren't even broadcasters who attend a ton of games.

I don't doubt their desire to see us get back to the promised land, but just banking on the 90's teams solely, doesn't make sense.

There are proven GM's out there who know how to put a team together quickly. IF we are wasting money on talley and thomas as consultants, we aren't in any better of a situation than we were through this ugly season.

I want Talley and Thomas' fandom. i think that's awesome that they are at the games and they take it personally, but they don't really have much of a track record to show that its meaningful change.

Comment

• X-Era
              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by draz54
              How can this be? We're told by some of the "experts" on these boards that Ralph's lied to us in order to increase ticket sales.

Western New York’s number one source for daily sports talk and play-by-play as the flagship station of the Bills and Sabres. Stream, read and download WGR 550 AM from any device on Audacy

"I'm into it. I'm not like Jim (Kelly) and want to be an owner but, I want to be a part of the turn-around. They know that. I've had some conversations with Russ Brandon. They're well aware of my situation and what I want to do over there. I want to be a part of this big splash that they're going to make.

"I think it's pretty likely that I'll be a part of it, yeah. I think I'm at a point right now where I can throw my two cents in and they'll listen to me. I think it's going to fine. I think it's all going to work out."

"I think we're on the right path with Mr. (Ralph) Wilson and the Bills. I think (fans) should be really optimistic that they're going to get something really, really nice under the tree. I honestly think that (the Bills) are going to make a big splash."

"He's in a position now where he wants to go out a winner. He wants to see fun football at his stadium again and I think he's going to do whatever it takes to get that done this offseason."
              Best news of the day...

I wonder if this splash is about to happen, hence the comment " something nice under the tree".

My other thought is that he isnt talking about a GM, why would Thurman be so upbeat about just a GM. I think hes talking about a HC.
              Last edited by X-Era; 12-21-2009, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

That's nice that Ralph wants to see some "fun footbal" at 91. Was 81 to young??

**** him.

Comment

• yordad
                  • Dec 2007

I hope he is right, but I also hope he stays out of it.
                  "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by trapezeus
                    i get juice's point though. how are they any better than a Matt Millen? They aren't even broadcasters who attend a ton of games.

I don't doubt their desire to see us get back to the promised land, but just banking on the 90's teams solely, doesn't make sense.

There are proven GM's out there who know how to put a team together quickly. IF we are wasting money on talley and thomas as consultants, we aren't in any better of a situation than we were through this ugly season.

I want Talley and Thomas' fandom. i think that's awesome that they are at the games and they take it personally, but they don't really have much of a track record to show that its meaningful change.
                    Agree 100%, though Thurman has a lot more inside access to the team and is more involved from the "outside" than say D.T. is, who still lives down South.

Interestingly enough, Darryl a month or so when I interviewed him literally offfered himself up to Wilson as a team consultant.
                    Last edited by patmoran2006; 12-21-2009, 01:23 PM.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• yordad
                      • Dec 2007

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                      Agree 100%, though Thurman has a lot more inside access to the team and is more involved from the "outside" than say D.T. is, who still lives down South.

Interestingly enough, Darryl a month or so when I interviewed him literally offfered himself up to Wilson as a team consultant.
                      That to me sounds like a young surgeon hiring retired nurses to teach him the intricacies of new experimental surgeries.
                      Last edited by yordad; 12-21-2009, 02:07 PM.
                      "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                        That's nice that Ralph wants to see some "fun footbal" at 91. Was 81 to young??

**** him.
                        Holy ****... I get so tired of hearing this doom and gloom BS from you!!! If I felt like you I'd have to slit my ****ING wrists!

Comment

• X-Era
                          • Feb 2005

Im listening to it now and hes saying what many of us have been saying. That Mike Shanahan would want Snyder tobe out of the way in Wash. Then says he doesnt think Mike would want to put up with Jones either. Interesting that right after Thurman said he thinks we will have a very nice present under the tree or a few weeks later, he immediately starts talking about Shanahan. Without being que-ed.

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

One more thing... Chris Brown made this comment:

"According to Pro Football Talk, the Bills coaching offer to Mike Shanahan still stands.
                            Citing a conversation presumably with a league source, Pro Football Talk maintains that Buffalo’s offer to Shanahan is still on the table despite all the reports coming out of Washington DC that the former Broncos head coach is already negotiating with the Redskins in the wake of Bruce Allen being named GM this past week.
                            Reports surfaced earlier this week that Shanahan communicated to the Bills that he and Allen were a “package deal” as front office man and coach."

------------------------

I just cant picture Chris saying that unless the Bills told him he could say that. How does a guy get away with talking about his bosses offer to Mike being on the table to the whole world?... Unless they told him it was OK.

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Feb 2009

I don't think Thurman knows jack.

Great RB? Yes. Anything else? Not really.

How close can he and Ralph be? Ralph cut his ass and then he played for Miami.

Some player who has been out of the league, meaning NO OFFICIAL INVOLVMENT in 10 years? What does he know that Marv didn't?

Comment

Working...
                              X