PDA

View Full Version : Now THIS is leadership!!! Very good article!

WG
06-02-2003, 11:18 AM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/BUF/6405820

Quotes by Drew:

"If we throw the ball 20 times and we're effective at that and running the ball very well and winning games, you're going to hear no complaints out of me," said Bledsoe as the Bills gathered at Ralph Wilson Stadium for the first of three four-day sessions of organized team activity.

"It's a great style of football. It's a winning style of football."

"But the teams that ultimately win in this league and that are consistent run the ball very well, play great defense and hit the big plays when they need them."

Bledsoe admitted he's an impatient player who likes to go for the big play and will have to reprogram himself. Coach Gregg Williams is confident he'll do just fine working in the framework of things.

That last one is what he needed to do. I think it speaks volumes for Drew as a person and a leader!

As to Gilbride, I still say he's gonna be a problem:

"With the people we have, we may wind up doing that (running the ball more), but when people load up on you, that might create more one-on-one opportunities to throw the ball anyway," said one of the NFL's best planners at adapting a scheme that fits his personnel. "I have no idea what's going to be the final manifestation of what this offense will be because it will change week-to-week, but it will also change based on what we do well."

One of the NFL's best planners at adapting a scheme that fits his personnel???

Someone's been hittin' the sauce!

This shows that Gilbride still thinks exactly what he always has, that you can pass, pass, pass your way to success. As QBC and OC, I have a hunch that he thinks this team's strength is still gonna be passing the ball often.

We'll see however.

In any case, I was surprised and comforted to hear some of these quotes from Drew. Now let's hope that he's successful at "reprogramming himself" as he says he wants to do.

Three cheers and a tiger for Drew for laying this out like that!!!

Hats off Drew, now get to work at changing and very good luck to you!!!

imbondz
06-02-2003, 11:23 AM
Wys, we all know you're a closet Drew fan. Just come out and be done with it.

Michael82
06-02-2003, 04:12 PM
Come on Wys...join the Ostrich Club! You know you want to! :snicker:

Tatonka
06-02-2003, 05:57 PM
wys either

a) got whoopie today

b) got drunk at lunch

you be the judge

:lol:

WG
06-02-2003, 06:42 PM
LMAO

No drunk, no whoopee today! Heck, I posted that fairly early today. A nooner?! :scratch:

Nah, no such luck!

Just keepin' tabs on the news in this oh so very dry period to see what the masses are up to. I do think that took something for Drew to openly admit that. Hopefully that's the start!

Like I said however, Gilbride seems like a die-hard who's likely to not let it go...

:D

Doc
06-02-2003, 07:29 PM
What Gilbride said was exactly what you'd WANT to hear, i.e. start off with the run but throw it on them if the load up on it, and the gameplan will change from week-to-week [depending on the opponent's strengths and weaknesses I assume].

Dozerdog
06-02-2003, 07:37 PM
Somebody had a polaroid with Wys and a kodiak bear in a motel room.....