PDA

View Full Version : UNofficial news

patmoran2006
12-21-2009, 01:08 PM
None of this is "official", but from what I've been able to gather today..

* Bryan Scott is done for the season (head injury) will probably be placed on injured reserve within the next 24/48 hours. Nic Harris likely goes back to starter for the last two games (would like to see Palmer get some time again too)

* Fitzpatrick and Edwards both have injuries, and Edwards seems to be the more serious. People inside don't seem optimistic he'll be able to play again this year (which could end his Bills career). Fitzpatrick they have to wait and see how he feels when they practice again on Wednesday.

I would expect Fitz to be able to go, and Brohm to be promoted to #2. Brohm in case anyone didn't know hasn't taken a single snap with the offense, he's worked exclusively on the scout team.. So as much as I'd like to see him play, I am not sure that's the best thing for him.

Also.. If Edwards does end up missing the last two games, I woudln't be shocked to see him IR'd and have the return of Gibran Hamden.

Maybe they can cut Joe Klopfenstein for the fourth time to make room for him...

HHURRICANE
12-21-2009, 01:15 PM
I feel bad for Edwards. Bring him in so he can spend 6 months rehabbing and probably not even get a tryout.

And you wonder why players and coaches don't want to come here.

I love the Bills but hate the team.

homeslice5484
12-21-2009, 01:17 PM
Pat, do you think it would be good for Brohm to play this season without much practice? I keep going back and forth on the decision.

In one case, I want to see what he has just to see if he has the playmaking capability and leadership we lack. But I also do not want him to get killed back there with the OLINE and ineptitude of this coaching staff. We have screwed up enough QBs.

HHURRICANE
12-21-2009, 01:20 PM
The reason Brohm is not playing is that he is not good enough!!!!!!!!!!! People get over Brohm already.

It's the same reason Hardy and Johnson aren't playing. They aren't good enough to smell the field. Same reason that Maybin gets limited time along with Ellis.

People the players suck and that's why they aren't on the field.

patmoran2006
12-21-2009, 01:20 PM
Pat, do you think it would be good for Brohm to play this season without much practice? I keep going back and forth on the decision.

In one case, I want to see what he has just to see if he has the playmaking capability and leadership we lack. But I also do not want him to get killed back there with the OLINE and ineptitude of this coaching staff. We have screwed up enough QBs.

It depends on your perspective.

If its to get him so game experience as a potential contender for a future starting job, then yes, I do.

But if people are going to consider it a 1 or 2 game audition for his Bills future, then absolutely not.

Whether he plays well or stinks up the field for 1-2 late season, meaningless games will be no real indication on what kind of future he has here.

trapezeus
12-21-2009, 01:22 PM
look to edwards injury as to why brohm shouldn't play.

i thought the same thing as Pat, they'll bring Hamden back.

yordad
12-21-2009, 01:22 PM
People the players suck and that's why they aren't on the field.Then why are the players that are on the field out there?

Philagape
12-21-2009, 01:24 PM
God obviously wants Brohm to play.

HHURRICANE
12-21-2009, 01:25 PM
Then why are the players that are on the field out there?

They suck less.

Dr. Lecter
12-21-2009, 01:30 PM
The reason Brohm is not playing is that he is not good enough!!!!!!!!!!! People get over Brohm already.

lol!

homeslice5484
12-21-2009, 01:31 PM
It depends on your perspective.

If its to get him so game experience as a potential contender for a future starting job, then yes, I do.

But if people are going to consider it a 1 or 2 game audition for his Bills future, then absolutely not.

Whether he plays well or stinks up the field for 1-2 late season, meaningless games will be no real indication on what kind of future he has here.

I dont think it would be fair for this to be a 1-2 game audition for his future. But I do think it is an opportunity to see his playmaking ability and leadership skills. Trent is not a leader. Can Brohm command a huddle and lead an offense. Can he make plays when a play breaks down or a pass rusher comes free. Those are the things I think we can see in 1-2 games, or at least start to see. Will he be great, probably not. But do what the Steelers did with that young QB a few weeks back. Ask him what plays he is comfortable with and build around that.

homeslice5484
12-21-2009, 01:32 PM
I think Hamdan comes back cause he knows this ****ty offensive system we run. Is it even considered a system?

yordad
12-21-2009, 01:37 PM
Is it even considered a system?No. So start Brohm.

robgon
12-21-2009, 01:37 PM
Info in Fitz Injury
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/

The Juice Is Loose
12-21-2009, 02:02 PM
I think Hamdan comes back cause he knows this ****ty offensive system we run. Is it even considered a system?

System:
n.
A group of interacting, interrelated, or interdependent elements forming a complex whole.
A functionally related group of elements, especially:
The human body regarded as a functional physiological unit.
An organism as a whole, especially with regard to its vital processes or functions.
A group of physiologically or anatomically complementary organs or parts: the nervous system; the skeletal system.
A group of interacting mechanical or electrical components.
A network of structures and channels, as for communication, travel, or distribution.
A network of related computer software, hardware, and data transmission devices.
An organized set of interrelated ideas or principles.
A social, economic, or political organizational form.
A naturally occurring group of objects or phenomena: the solar system.
A set of objects or phenomena grouped together for classification or analysis.
A condition of harmonious, orderly interaction.
An organized and coordinated method; a procedure. See synonyms at method (http://www.answers.com/topic/method).LOL based on the definition I would think that we have an anti-system.

Unless the plan was to suck, in which case we would have a system lol.

Billz_fan
12-21-2009, 02:13 PM
Then why are the players that are on the field out there?

Lesser of 2 evils.

Kenny
12-21-2009, 02:41 PM
Lesser of 2 evils.

maybe... maybe not. While we're obvisouly no 'talent experts', -seeing the current product that is the Buffalo Bills, -the coaches arent experts either.

Give Brohm and the other young players a chance. There is absolutely nothing to lose.

Scumbag College
12-21-2009, 03:00 PM
So there's a chance that Gibran Hamdan might be the only thing standing between the Colts and 16-0 in two weeks?

I like the Bills' chances.

Ground Chuck
12-21-2009, 03:08 PM
It would be funny if they brought Hamdan back and he looked good

Goobylal
12-21-2009, 03:16 PM
Edwards and Fitz are backups at best in the NFL. As for Edwards specifically, it's amazing how far a first impression (his first-ever NFL action/drive against the Patriots in 2007, where he led them to a TD but little else) can take you.

As for Brohm, he's proven nothing yet. That means he hasn't proven he sucks, or that he's good. He should play.

Ebenezer
12-21-2009, 03:28 PM
rumor before lunch time was that with two games left, Edwards is finished for the year.

Nighthawk
12-21-2009, 05:41 PM
It's amazing that this staff has not given ANY snaps to Brohm. That is really not in the best interest of this team. The craziness continues at One Bills Drive.

patmoran2006
12-21-2009, 05:48 PM
Edwards and Fitz are backups at best in the NFL. As for Edwards specifically, it's amazing how far a first impression (his first-ever NFL action/drive against the Patriots in 2007, where he led them to a TD but little else) can take you.

As for Brohm, he's proven nothing yet. That means he hasn't proven he sucks, or that he's good. He should play.

While I COMPETELY agree with you 100%, the issue is that Brohm is flat out not prepared. He's taken no reps with the team.

He takes reps in practice with PS players and guys like Hardy and Johnson and he usually runs plays the opposing team will run against us that week.

Nighthawk
12-21-2009, 05:52 PM
While I COMPETELY agree with you 100%, the issue is that Brohm is flat out not prepared. He's taken no reps with the team.

He takes reps in practice with PS players and guys like Hardy and Johnson and he usually runs plays the opposing team will run against us that week.

And who's fault is that?

patmoran2006
12-21-2009, 05:59 PM
At what point did I say that it was Brohm's fault?

Ebenezer
12-21-2009, 06:04 PM
It's amazing that this staff has not given ANY snaps to Brohm. That is really not in the best interest of this team. The craziness continues at One Bills Drive.
but this leads back to:

Who is running the football department? GMs and HCs are supposed to work hand in hand. Discuss and make decisions about the direction of the team.

Modrak - draft
Guy - pro player personnel
Brandon - business

who was helping Jauron? who is helping Fewell? Brandon is not a football guy. Either they (DJ and PF) are being led by clueless or they are pretty autonomous.
That's not a recipe for success.

Kenny
12-21-2009, 06:36 PM

It'd be funny to see how 'complicated' our playbook really is. Im mean, how hard is it to throw a 5 yard pass to Jackson every play?

Akhippo
12-21-2009, 07:07 PM
I think these should be considered two live fire preseason games. The mans been here for at least a month. He should know the basics of the offense.

At the least if we are down in the fourth by at least two scores, throw him and Johnson and Hardy out there.