PDA

View Full Version : WOW. I am NUMB...

Mad Bomber
12-21-2009, 03:39 PM
I've been a Bills fan since the early 1960s...I went to my first Bills game in 1964 at the Rockpile. Hell, when I was really young, the Bills used to play in black and white on my TV...:fogey:

I watched the game yesterday, and was totally underwhelmed by the effort on offense.

This was one of the worst efforts I have seen on offense in my lifetime...and it has lasted the entire year. The Bills defense actually did a pretty decent job, as they have in the past few years (except when our opponents were running the ball). However, when the Bills got the ball, ANY lead seemed insurmountable.

Some people on this board have wanted us to lose out so we can get a higher draft choice. To those people, I just have to say...WAKE UP. Do you really think that picking 3 or 4 places higher in the draft is suddenly going to make the Bills a contender???? I have been hoping that the Bills could make their draft choices from the past 4 or 5 years into a team that could compete. It's laughable that anyone would think that losing out would actually make our team better because of one higher pick. Look at teams like the Lions and Rams....it hasn't helped them get better.

This team needs a front office who can legitimately evaluate talent, and a coaching staff who can develop not only individual talent, but can build a team with good chemistry who works synergistically to be good on both sides of the ball. This team needs to develop a winning, rather than losing, attitude. It needs to be MUCH stronger physically, instead of leading the league every year in people on IR.

I haven't bothered to proofread this post...I'm just ranting. But it's a very sad, sad statement to put out here that I actually, at 54 years old, am more interested in my fantasy football team (who is actually in the PLAYOFFS) than I am about watching the Bills.

I can remember a time when December was one of my favorite times as a Bills fan.

I am hoping and praying for that to become a reality again.

I will never give up hope for that as long as I live.

:gobills:

kelly2reed4six
12-21-2009, 03:49 PM
I feel your pain! While I have only been an AVID bills fan for about 11 years, I have absolutely NO hope or positive feeling. I am usually so excited for Sunday, but I just don't get as pumped up anymore.

I grew up in a home full of Bills fans, and started to follow closely the year of "home run throwback." Since being an avid fan, I have witnessed nothing but disappointment!

Maybe I'm the bad luck charm! lol

ddaryl
12-21-2009, 03:51 PM
Some people on this board have wanted us to lose out so we can get a higher draft choice. To those people, I just have to say...WAKE UP. Do you really think that picking 3 or 4 places higher in the draft is suddenly going to make the Bills a contender???? I have been hoping that the Bills could make their draft choices from the past 4 or 5 years into a team that could compete. It's laughable that anyone would think that losing out would actually make our team better because of one higher pick. Look at teams like the Lions and Rams....it hasn't helped them get better.

Yes I do... It will help because a new GM and new HC is going ot want some new talent, and that can be better had with a better draft position

Does it guarentee it.. Of course not but I'd rather have more choices with our pick

I think what is aggravating is dumb phrases like this

It's laughable that anyone would think that losing out would actually make our team better because of one higher pick. Look at teams like the Lions and Rams....it hasn't helped them get better.

nobody has said this. BUT knowing damn well that winning the last 2 games of this season will do even less to right this team I prefer to see us draft in a higher position.. .I beleive the right GM / HC tandem can get us a player that will start us towards being a playoff contender. OR having a higher draft position puts us in a better posisiton to trade bakc for more day 1 picks which will also allow the new GM/HC tandem bring in more players that can turn this pig around.

There is no arguing with the fact that having a higher draft position allows a team to have more options to chose form, and that's what I want... not 2 wins for a team that is going to get overhauled anyways.

SO I find it extremly luahgable that any more wins this seaosn somehow does more to benefit this team and its future then having a better draft position where new talent can be aqcuired

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-21-2009, 03:52 PM
LOL, you actually proofread before posting? :)

Sure wish the bills would proof read their draft slips before handing them to the commish.... there have been some serious typos on the draft slips the last 10 years!

kelly2reed4six
12-21-2009, 03:52 PM
I wish we could have an offense like we did in the 2004 stretch! MAN, those were some fun games to watch! I makes me so freaking depressed just thinking about how far we are from actually being that type of offense again!

X-Era
12-21-2009, 04:23 PM
I've been a Bills fan since the early 1960s...I went to my first Bills game in 1964 at the Rockpile. Hell, when I was really young, the Bills used to play in black and white on my TV...:fogey:

I watched the game yesterday, and was totally underwhelmed by the effort on offense.

This was one of the worst efforts I have seen on offense in my lifetime...and it has lasted the entire year. The Bills defense actually did a pretty decent job, as they have in the past few years (except when our opponents were running the ball). However, when the Bills got the ball, ANY lead seemed insurmountable.

This team needs a front office who can legitimately evaluate talent, and a coaching staff who can develop not only individual talent, but can build a team with good chemistry who works synergistically to be good on both sides of the ball. This team needs to develop a winning, rather than losing, attitude. It needs to be MUCH stronger physically, instead of leading the league every year in people on IR.

I haven't bothered to proofread this post...I'm just ranting. But it's a very sad, sad statement to put out here that I actually, at 54 years old, am more interested in my fantasy football team (who is actually in the PLAYOFFS) than I am about watching the Bills.

I can remember a time when December was one of my favorite times as a Bills fan.

You are a VERY good man!

Night Train
12-21-2009, 04:32 PM

:bf1:

malo
12-21-2009, 05:37 PM
the numbness for me is due to realization that this team is years away from turning it around. No one is great (besides Moorman). The team is filled with some average talent and plenty of below average talent. And plenty of talent that don't belong in the NFL at all.

BertSquirtgum
12-21-2009, 07:00 PM
the bills suck major ass.

Jeff1220
12-21-2009, 07:04 PM
I'm so numb that football season has, for all intents and purposes, been over for me for about five weeks. I go online and check score a few times on Sundays, and usually catch little bits of a few nationally televised games, but I'm waiting for the offseason to start in the same I usually wait for the season to start.

christhebillsfan783
12-21-2009, 10:38 PM
I feel your pain! While I have only been an AVID bills fan for about 11 years, I have absolutely NO hope or positive feeling. I am usually so excited for Sunday, but I just don't get as pumped up anymore.

I grew up in a home full of Bills fans, and started to follow closely the year of "home run throwback." Since being an avid fan, I have witnessed nothing but disappointment!

Maybe I'm the bad luck charm! lol

Are we the same person?

TigerJ
12-21-2009, 10:42 PM
You've been a Bills fan longer than I have, Mad, even though I'm a little older. I too am frustrated by the ineffectiveness of the Bills offense. I try to think positive thoughts, like thinking about what it would take to fix it. As pathetic as it is right now, I think there are at least some parts they can keep. I think the running backs are decent. They don't always have holes to run through. Jackson seems able to improvise a little more, but with better line play, I think Lynch could be pretty effective too. Even if the Bills lose TO and Josh Reed in the offseason, I don't think the talent level of the receivers is that bad. Nelson has the raw talent to play TE. On the offensive line, Levitre and Wood seem to be the real deal. Simmons may still have something left in the tank when he comes back from injury next year, and Incognito is a real tough SOB with some atheticism, if the line coach can rein in some of his more flagrant penalty producing behavior. That will give a new coach some flexibility. Wood can move to center if Hangartner cann't raise his level of play. There's a good chance that out of the merry-go-round at the tackle position, Buffalo can find at least one guy who can handle one of the tackle spots next year. What that boils down to is that Buffalo might be one QB (Brohm?) a tackle and a good offensive coaching staff away from being a pretty decent offense. Then again, maybe they're not.

Ingtar33
12-22-2009, 12:10 AM
it was during last off season... when we traded Peters and cut Dockery that i snapped.

I'll have to find the posts i made at the time, but i still remember my blind rage. I knew then... for the first time in my life with absolute certainty that this season was done before we played a snap.

What's depressing is not just how right i've been... but that i'm not surprised at all at how this season has gone.

do you think i want to win the picks contest?!

I hate this feeling i get every Sunday before kickoff. I hate not caring about how the team will do... i hate finding other games more interesting then i do the Bills games. I hate seeing no end in sight.

I remember 1985. i remember how bad that team was... how hopeless they were. Yet even then i didn't feel like i was watching a sinking ship. This team (though their record doesn't show it) has to be the worse Bills football team i've ever had the displeasure of watching.

They dog it, they give up. they fold under pressure... They play dumb football. They're boring. Worse... they don't try hard. (i'm sorry even the defense gives up sometimes). I can take a lot in a bad football team. Sometimes, like in 1985, your team is just flat out, out manned. you don't have the talent to compete. I can take a talentless team (1985, 2001). But i can't forgive a team that's dogging it, or that flat out quits on the field (2009).

this has been the season from hell. I can't watch this ****. the only saving grace is we have just two more torturous games to watch.

SabreEleven
12-22-2009, 01:29 AM

Didn't you start a thread just like this about a month ago? I think your alzheimer's is kicking in.

SabreEleven
12-22-2009, 01:32 AM
Yep, you did

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=182622

I knew putting that internet connection in the Old Folks Home was a bad idea.

Prov401
12-22-2009, 01:35 AM
Yep, you did

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=182622

I knew putting that internet connection in the Old Folks Home was a bad idea.

lol...I thought this thread sounded familiar.

mybills
12-22-2009, 07:04 AM
:rofl: I think he copied & pasted it.

yordad
12-22-2009, 07:09 AM
Do you really think that picking 3 or 4 places higher in the draft is suddenly going to make the Bills a contender???? Do you think winning a meaningless game or two more under a lame duck coach is suddenly going to make them a contender- next year?

Those two games can mean the difference between picking 5th or picking 19th. That is significant.

OpIv37
12-22-2009, 07:48 AM

While I agree with the general sentiment in this post, I still want to kick you in the nuts for saying "synergistically."

Jan Reimers
12-22-2009, 07:55 AM
The first forty years wore me down. The last 10 have about finished me off. I still root for the Bills, but the enthusiasm and excitement are gone, and won't return until we make some big changes in the FO, coaching staff, and player roster.

ddaryl
12-22-2009, 09:18 AM
The first forty years wore me down. The last 10 have about finished me off. I still root for the Bills, but the enthusiasm and excitement are gone, and won't return until we make some big changes in the FO, coaching staff, and player roster.

I think we're all there now.... Otherwise we wouldn't even have to deal with these types of threads

I've never been this down on this franchise before, and usually I stay optomisitc.. but this year I just threw the towel in mainly because the Bills didn't fire jauron last year and forced us to endure the start of this seaosn with him at the helm