PDA

View Full Version : More Shanahan speculation

X-Era
12-21-2009, 04:54 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/21/reports-of-blache-gray-interviews-create-problems-for-skins/

"Meanwhile, FOX 31 reports that Redskins tight ends coach Scott Wachenheim has told Zorn that Mike Shanahan's arrival is a "done deal."

So, a TE coach told his boss, the head coach, that hes lost his job?

This report seems fishy.

Nighthawk
12-21-2009, 04:58 PM
Hey, you never know...maybe he's an up and coming superstar coach!

Demon
12-21-2009, 05:02 PM
I do think Shanahan goes to Washington.

Jim Zorn shouldn't care much though, he'll find a job with Cleveland.

X-Era
12-21-2009, 05:04 PM
I do think Shanahan goes to Washington.

Jim Zorn shouldn't care much though, he'll find a job with Cleveland.

I dont think Mike makes a decision until Jan 2nd at the earliest.

And at that point, all the teams waiting on him will have to scramble to the next guy just like us. I still like our chances to sign a big name guy.

But, it may be Cowher.

Demon
12-21-2009, 05:12 PM
I dont think Mike makes a decision until Jan 2nd at the earliest.

And at that point, all the teams waiting on him will have to scramble to the next guy just like us. I still like our chances to sign a big name guy.

But, it may be Cowher.

Could be. Carolina owner has been very iffy on firing his GM and Fox and paying them their remaining contracts and then jump into a bidding war over Cowher. And Fox may have ended the speculation of him getting fired last night.

I don't think Cowher goes to Dallas. And Cowher was talked about (well by Mike Florio so take it for what it's worth) to be going to Cleveland which he had interest in supposedly. Other then these teams, i don't know anyone else who could even come close to our offer?

TrEd FTW
12-21-2009, 05:15 PM
John Fox, please. I've already moved on from Shanahan.

Demon
12-21-2009, 05:18 PM
John Fox, please. I've already moved on from Shanahan.

If he gets fired, i'll be right there with you. As long as he brings a proven offensive minded coach with him. But, i doubt he gets fired. And if he does get fired, he may just take a year off like almost everyone else who gets fired. Remember, the guy has been in Carolina for 8 years, when he gets his pink slip, it's gonna shock him for a while, maybe he'll lose interest in coaching and take the year off?

X-Era
12-21-2009, 05:18 PM
Could be. Carolina owner has been very iffy on firing his GM and Fox and paying them their remaining contracts and then jump into a bidding war over Cowher. And Fox may have ended the speculation of him getting fired last night.

I don't think Cowher goes to Dallas. And Cowher was talked about (well by Mike Florio so take it for what it's worth) to be going to Cleveland which he had interest in supposedly. Other then these teams, i don't know anyone else who could even come close to our offer?

:clap:

Thats what I see too.

Maybe there is some tie between Cowher and Dallas, but I don't think Ive ever heard of one.

Bill came from a blue collar town, with a smaller spending account, up north, and did what he did.

I could easily see him going back to the type of scenario hes used to.