PDA

View Full Version : Question for Pat

PISSCHUNK
12-21-2009, 07:32 PM
Who made the final decision on the pick? Did it come down to Wilson? Jauron? Fewell? Modrak?

Every time I see Orakpo who was on the board I get bent. Maybin blows and looks like he ain't carrying 225 lbs. He is pathetic. We got burnt on Mike Williams out of Texas a few years ago. I hope to hell that didn't play a part on this decision.

If it was Wilson that made this pick....we are nothing more than Oakland East.

Late

elltrain22
12-21-2009, 07:39 PM
Who made the final decision on the pick? Did it come down to Wilson? Jauron? Fewell? Modrak?

Every time I see Orakpo who was on the board I get bent. Maybin blows and looks like he ain't carrying 225 lbs. He is pathetic. We got burnt on Mike Williams out of Texas a few years ago. I hope to hell that didn't play a part on this decision.

If it was Wilson that made this pick....we are nothing more than Oakland East.

Late

Amen bro!! I feel the exact same way. I wanna throw up when I think about how we coulda had Orakpo, but we took a guy that is clearly on his way to be a big time bust.

PISSCHUNK
12-21-2009, 07:46 PM
1. Orakpo
1. Wood
2. Byrd
2. Levitre
4. Nelson
5. Nik Harris
6. C. Harris
7. Lankster

This would have been a solid class to build the future around.

Coach Sal
12-21-2009, 08:19 PM
Last I checked, my name's not Pat. But I do have 3 letters in my name and can still answer this pretty confidently.

Wilson really doesn't say yay or nay to draft picks. He let's the people in charge handle that stuff.

He does say yay or nay on contract extensions, but really only as far as the $$, not so much whether or not to keep/extend the player himself.

Jauron had the most to say about the draft over the last few years. Modrak and the others never make the final decision.

homeslice5484
12-21-2009, 08:23 PM
Last I checked, my name's not Pat. But I do have 3 letters in my name and can still answer this pretty confidently.

Wilson really doesn't say yay or nay to draft picks. He let's the people in charge handle that stuff.

He does say yay or nay on contract extensions, but really only as far as the $$, not so much whether or not to keep/extend the player himself.

Jauron had the most to say about the draft over the last few years. Modrak and the others never make the final decision.

And this is why Jauron was fired, years too late.

patmoran2006
12-21-2009, 08:26 PM
Not that I don't appreciate the question, but I didnt know I became Peter King or Mel Kiper... I"m no insider, I sometimes get some nuggets and occassionally some news, but mostly I just try to dig like anyone else.

Anyway, from everything I have heard, and I think even the "official" Bills writer Chris Brown would concur, is that Jauron had an awful lot of pull in all personnel moves, including the draft.

So I would say probably 75 percent Jauron, 25 Modrak, which is 100 percent too much anyway you look at it.

Mr. Pink
12-21-2009, 08:34 PM
I would say that we have ZERO idea how much pull Dick had in roster moves and that he was scapegoated so that the organization can stay status quo everywhere else.

patmoran2006
12-21-2009, 08:39 PM
I would say that we have ZERO idea how much pull Dick had in roster moves and that he was scapegoated so that the organization can stay status quo everywhere else.

Jauron absolutely had the final say in player personnel decisions, especially over the past year after Marv "retired"

Goobylal
12-21-2009, 09:10 PM
Jauron absolutely had the final say in player personnel decisions, especially over the past year after Marv "retired"
It would certainly explain all the DB picks over the years.

Dying_-2-_Live
12-21-2009, 09:16 PM
Maybin may end up being a solid... but he will never be a solid DE. In order for him to play at a high level he has to be a LB

BertSquirtgum
12-21-2009, 09:16 PM
i wanted orakpo or oher. i am very displeased with the way this draft pick has turned out. especially when i saw him run offsides on the onside kick. i was at the game yesterday and thinking to myself why did this azzhole start running so early. then the flag came and i knew it was on him.

patmoran2006
12-21-2009, 09:40 PM
I cannot tell a lie.. I'm pretty sure I was happy when we took maybin.

Buddo
12-22-2009, 07:19 AM
While irritating, ( Orakpo would have been a good pick, but Oher would have been of more 'use'), the information, while not surprising to me at least, that Jauron had the major say in draft picks, should be a sign that Ralph doesn't actually 'meddle' as much as people are wont to claim.
Things like this, should show potential HCs, that they don't have that much to worry about in terms of interference.
By all accounts, especially from Levy, all Ralph really wants, is to be kept regularly informed as to what is going on. Apart from anything else, it would mean he can't get thrown curve balls by the media, and put himself in embarrassing situations. Personally, I don't consider that to be 'meddling'.