PDA

View Full Version : The Bills lead the league in interceptions...

Ebenezer
12-21-2009, 09:12 PM
with 26! :shocked:

Demon
12-21-2009, 09:15 PM
If they can get someone to rush the passer with consistency (coughcough maybin coughcough) and get few guys to upgrade some weakspots to help the run defense, we could have a very good defense next season.

Dying_-2-_Live
12-21-2009, 09:17 PM
A solid linebacker (Maybin?)
A BIG DT
And once again we need a DE to be a VERY VERY good defense

Goobylal
12-21-2009, 09:30 PM
If they can get someone to rush the passer with consistency (coughcough maybin coughcough) and get few guys to upgrade some weakspots to help the run defense, we could have a very good defense next season.
The defense isn't the problem, and getting the injured back will help a lot (although I'd still love to see them upgrade the personnel overall). It's the offense, specifically QB, that needs work.

Crisis
12-21-2009, 09:31 PM
the secondary is the only thing that reminds me this is an NFL team sometimes

Demon
12-21-2009, 09:36 PM
The defense isn't the problem, and getting the injured back will help a lot (although I'd still love to see them upgrade the personnel overall). It's the offense, specifically QB, that needs work.

Agreed, but their the 2nd worst run defense in the NFL. Some of the guys they get back will help, but not enough to really fix the run defense.

EDS
12-22-2009, 08:15 AM
Agreed, but their the 2nd worst run defense in the NFL. Some of the guys they get back will help, but not enough to really fix the run defense.

I think this is an important point. It would be one thing if the Bills offense was good enough to allow the team to play with a lead, thereby forcing opponents to pass. But we all know that is not the case. So the fact that the team gets a lot of interceptions is mitigated by the fact that they give up so many yards in the run game.

I think the defense needs a big upgrade in run defense in the form of a new middle linebacker (bump Poz outside) and new defensive tackle (Kyle Williams will make a nice reserve).

ddaryl
12-22-2009, 08:16 AM
Now if this D could only generate pressure on the QB with the front 7 and stop the run.

It's about time our secondary started to become a INT machine. We only drafted 100 DB's over the last 5 or so years

Congrats to the secondary..

ddaryl
12-22-2009, 08:18 AM

I don't completely agree with tis

Our D has major problems stopping the run, and we generate very little or inconsistent pressure on the QB...

Our D needs work just the same. I do agree the O is in a bigger need at LT and QB

Billz_fan
12-22-2009, 08:20 AM
with 26! :shocked:

If you had never watched any games you would look at the team record and think we lead the league in throwing them :laughter:

SABURZFAN
12-22-2009, 08:57 AM
kind of surprising that teams throw on the Bills when you can run it down their throats.

Night Train
12-22-2009, 09:02 AM
It's been mentioned many times during the last couple of games.

I'm just amazed that several of our opponents this season have become pass happy, giving the Bills INT opportunities.

Why would an opposing coach EVER abandon the run against the Bills bad run D ?

trapezeus
12-22-2009, 09:14 AM
i wonder if there is a stat on who generates the most points off of turnovers. because clearly if we could score 1 touchdown for every 3 picks, we'd probably have won 3-5 more games this season.

ChristopherWalken
12-22-2009, 09:17 AM
I think when healthy, the Bills are better equipped to run a 3-4.