PDA

View Full Version : what we are all forgetting to look at

3rdn1
12-21-2009, 09:44 PM
as i sit here and read all the post about the next HC and GM and all the talent that we dont have and this and that. I started to think about how we have been one of the most injury prone teams throught the DJ era.......its not do to his heavy hitting practices or rigrous training camps......

so it realy wont matter who we get as or next HC/GM combo.......if we cant keep the guys on the field for more than 3 games a peice then we all be *****ing about how the new HC/GM suck....and how Ralph was being Cheap and bla bla bla.........so let hope we start with a Great strenght and condioning program to help keep all the talenet that we do have on the field all at the same time.......

just my 2 cents...

methos4ever
12-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Most of these injuries are not something a strength and conditioning coach can fix. Knee? Shoulder? Concussion? Leg breaks? You can stretch, you can't eat healthy or work out to prevent a violent sport from taking an effect on a team.

We can avoid guys who have in the past been injury prone...but that's really it.

trapezeus
12-22-2009, 11:13 AM
i think some of its bad luck and some of it is conditioning. we can't possibly be having bad luck every single year. I think the defensive injuries are a result of being too small to play and getting thrown off the ball.

The OL injuries are a mix of bad luck with legs and such and not being strong enough to control the point of attack (backs, shoulders etc)

Let's improve the conditioning and size of our players and then worry about bad luck the following year. to not address the constant injury issues over the last 3-5 years would be very short sighted.

ddaryl
12-22-2009, 11:40 AM
We can reduce injuries by fielding an NFL worthy team, and players who know their duties because the coaches are good enough to coach, keeping players in position and reacting properly.

What we have is complete chaos out there and people just getting caught in crappy positions or being caught up in a pile of missed assignments and walking away or be carted off with an injury.

Improve the team from the top down and we'll reduce this IR problem IMO