PDA

View Full Version : To anyone who wants Jason Cambell...

Pinkerton Security
12-21-2009, 10:31 PM
No, I know he is better than our current QBs....but BARELY. He looks BAAAAD agains the Giants, throwing careless passes, off-target passes, missing open receivers...Id rather have David Carr, though idk if he's going anywhere, and if so idk if he'd come to buffalo.

Demon
12-21-2009, 10:34 PM
He's had a different O.C almost every year since becoming a freshman in college except once i believe. That's like 7 different O.C. in like 8 seasons. He has potential i think.

I wouldn't mind to take a low-money risk on him, but the problem is, this free agent QB is so weak, he'll be the highest paid FA probably and not worth the risk.

tampabay25690
12-21-2009, 10:41 PM
The guy played a bad game dont judge him on a team that has given up already....

BuffaloBlitz83
12-21-2009, 10:46 PM
OMG he looked TERRIBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I rather roll with Brohm and sign Vick.

patmoran2006
12-21-2009, 10:48 PM
OMG he looked TERRIBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I rather roll with Brohm and sign Vick.

YOu'd be trading for Vick, not signing him.

I agree about Campbell mostly.. He's exactly the type of risk we dont need.

We're likely to "rebuild" again.. May as well get your HC and then let him draft the QB he wants and go from there.

The Juice Is Loose
12-21-2009, 10:57 PM
I'm surprised there aren't people posting threads calling for David Carr.

Hey he completed a couple passes. We should give him a shot! LOL

Prov401
12-21-2009, 11:07 PM

We're likely to "rebuild" again.. May as well get your HC and then let him draft the QB he wants and go from there.

No way Philly picks up a 5.2 million dollar option on Vick.

He's going to be a free agent.

DrGraves
12-21-2009, 11:12 PM
Philly cant keep mcnabb kolb and vick... hopefully we get the odd man out.

trapezeus
12-22-2009, 09:23 AM
i thought Campbell looked better throwing the ball than Carr, if this is really a debate we are having.

Do i want campbell, no, not relaly. But i'd take him over Carr. I'd take vick first as a free agent. i just think if we are making the judgement to pass on a weak QB class, then get a left handed QB so that the LT can take time to develop, and let vick buy time with his legs.

When butler gets back and with incognito playing that side if needed, i trust the right side much more than the left side with wood potentially coming off injury, a rookie LT, and Bell as the back up

methos4ever
12-22-2009, 10:57 AM
He's had the OC thing and a worse line than the Bills nearly his whole career in Washington. It's funny that people are turning their noses up at guys who can help if we gave ANY of our qbs a line.

yordad
12-22-2009, 11:06 AM

We're likely to "rebuild" again.. May as well get your HC and then let him draft the QB he wants and go from there.Vick will be cut. Book it.

Pinkerton Security
12-22-2009, 11:18 AM
He's had the OC thing and a worse line than the Bills nearly his whole career in Washington. It's funny that people are turning their noses up at guys who can help if we gave ANY of our qbs a line.

Well if we actually had a consistent OC and/or o-line then perhaps Trent/JP would have worked out. But we dont, so why settle for someone who is at best an average QB, sometihng apparently everyone hates?

Also, his OC and line had nothing to do with several of his throws last night, he looked about as accurate as Fitzy last night.

Yasgur's Farm
12-22-2009, 11:36 AM
All 3rd year or less QB + Campbell and Fitzpatrick... ranked by passer rating as of today .

14 – Flacco – 89.9
16 - Campbell - 87.0
20 – Ryan – 79.1
22 – Henne – 73.8
26 – Quinn – 67.2
28 – Fitzpatrick – 63.3
29 – Sanchez – 62.3
30 – Stafford – 61.0
31 – Freeman – 60.1
32 – Russell – 49.6

What am I saying?

I'm saying that after we use our 1st round draft choice to pick a QB... It will be 3 years before we have a 1 in 8 shot for this new franchise QB to slightly outperform Campbell.

The Bills need to pick up a vet QB such as Campbell... And draft a later round (3rd). Campbell runs the O for at least 2 years while Brohm or rookie grow into that role.

methos4ever
12-22-2009, 12:40 PM
Well if we actually had a consistent OC and/or o-line then perhaps Trent/JP would have worked out. But we dont, so why settle for someone who is at best an average QB, sometihng apparently everyone hates?

Also, his OC and line had nothing to do with several of his throws last night, he looked about as accurate as Fitzy last night.
Check with any coach - any player who gets jacked up as much as our qbs or Campbell will rush their reads because they don't anticipate a line holding up their end for them.

mikemac2001
12-22-2009, 01:03 PM
that game was boring anytime i switched back to it from goonies (was on HBO) jason campbell was getting up from a hit or sack

i hope they don't resign him and we give him a chance he has talent problem is there line is horriable and he hasn't had stability with coach's

he was getting beat down last night big time

OpIv37
12-22-2009, 01:05 PM
The guy played a bad game dont judge him on a team that has given up already....

sorry but I live in the DC area, and I don't watch every single Redskins game, but I've seen enough of them to tell that this kid just doesn't have it.

His throws are inaccurate and he doesn't read defenses well. He's a rich man's JP Losman.

He is not the answer for the Bills.

OpIv37
12-22-2009, 01:06 PM
that game was boring anytime i switched back to it from goonies (was on HBO) jason campbell was getting up from a hit or sack

i hope they don't resign him and we give him a chance he has talent problem is there line is horriable and he hasn't had stability with coach's

he was getting beat down last night big time

Our OL is terrible and we're going to have a new coach next year- even if we keep Fewell, it will be another new coach for Campbell. So those same problems would exist here and the results would be no different.

Pinkerton Security
12-22-2009, 01:34 PM
Check with any coach - any player who gets jacked up as much as our qbs or Campbell will rush their reads because they don't anticipate a line holding up their end for them.

So should we give Trent another chance? JP?

methos4ever
12-22-2009, 01:45 PM
Hey, debate who y'all want, obviously you have the answers. I'm just playing devil's advocate and illustrating that the metrics by which you're judging campbell could be used for our current "lost children".

Find that magic qb that doesn't need an oline and be sure to let the Bills Brass know.

k-oneputt
12-22-2009, 01:51 PM
I want no part of JC. Spinning tires in the mud. Just wasting another three years with him.

OpIv37
12-22-2009, 01:56 PM
Hey, debate who y'all want, obviously you have the answers. I'm just playing devil's advocate and illustrating that the metrics by which you're judging campbell could be used for our current "lost children".

Find that magic qb that doesn't need an oline and be sure to let the Bills Brass know.

It's this simple- those defending Campbell are saying he had too many new coaches and he didn't have an OL.

And that may be true. However, if he comes to Buffalo, he'll have another new coach and he STILL won't have an OL. Doing the same thing and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. Give Campbell a good OL and the same O for two consecutive years, and maybe he'll look better. Put him on the Bills and he'll be in the exact same position he's in right now in DC, and it'll yield the same results.

Akhippo
12-22-2009, 02:10 PM
I still like Campbell as at least a temp stopgap. He wont be any worse than a rookie QB, especially with this class. And he may come comp. free.

The man has three people calling plays for him this year and his main receivers are all second year players.

Granted he looked sloppy at the least last night, but Washington is a dumpster fire this year and they have still been competitive excluding last night.

I would take him over Fitz right now, yesterday and tomorrow.

Get Campbell, develop Brohm and draft a QB. That is our best chance off finding quality for at least the next couple years.

Akhippo
12-22-2009, 02:17 PM
It's this simple- those defending Campbell are saying he had too many new coaches and he didn't have an OL.

And that may be true. However, if he comes to Buffalo, he'll have another new coach and he STILL won't have an OL. Doing the same thing and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. Give Campbell a good OL and the same O for two consecutive years, and maybe he'll look better. Put him on the Bills and he'll be in the exact same position he's in right now in DC, and it'll yield the same results.

So basically your saying that we are doomed to endure crappy QB play even if we got T Brady. I totally understand that.

But to get down to apples to apples. Is Campbell better than Fitz? Better than Edwards? Better than any other available FA? Better than any draft pick next year? I would say he is and would give us the best chance.

Or you can say no QB can succeed so me might as well stick with the garbage we have.

OpIv37
12-22-2009, 02:26 PM
So basically your saying that we are doomed to endure crappy QB play even if we got T Brady. I totally understand that.

But to get down to apples to apples. Is Campbell better than Fitz? Better than Edwards? Better than any other available FA? Better than any draft pick next year? I would say he is and would give us the best chance.

Or you can say no QB can succeed so me might as well stick with the garbage we have.

Go with Brohm , and a journeyman vet, and let them fight it out in camp. Spend FA money and draft picks fixing the OL. If Brohm or the vet don't work out, worry about QB NEXT off-season. Don't waste FA money or a draft pick on a QB until we can protect him. Otherwise, they're just gonna get shell-shocked like Collins, Johnson, Losman, Edwards....

Jan Reimers
12-22-2009, 03:06 PM
David Carr did a much better job with bad 0-Lines in Houston than any of our last several QBs have done with our 0-Lines.

I'd take him as a 2-3 year stop gap anytime.

tampabay25690
12-22-2009, 04:27 PM
sorry but I live in the DC area, and I don't watch every single Redskins game, but I've seen enough of them to tell that this kid just doesn't have it.

His throws are inaccurate and he doesn't read defenses well. He's a rich man's JP Losman.

He is not the answer for the Bills.

Who said anything about him being good for the Bills?
He is still learning the NFL anyway.
The guy has the talent and will be fine in the NFL.
Face it he plays on a TERRIBLE football team...Thats all i was saying