PDA

View Full Version : Well, If you can't make fun of yourself..

patmoran2006
12-21-2009, 11:19 PM
In what has been and hopefully will REMAIN my all-time worst write up, this is what I wrote following the Buffalo Bills draft in 2006.

Hey, if you can't make fun of yourself then never do it to someone else, no?

Buffalo: Marv Levy had a plan and stuck to it despite the advice of any so-called experts. Levy was hell-bent on improving a defense that ranked 29th in team defense and by the time the sun set over draft weekend he did just that. New coach Dick Jauron hired Chicago secondary coach Perry Fewel to run the defense and immediately switched the Bills scheme to a cover two. All the players Buffalo took fit that defense impeccably. With the eighth pick Levy selected Donte Whitner, a safety who came highly regarded but not perceived as a top ten pick. The truth for Buffalo is he's an ideal safety for the type of defense they plan to implement. The Bills later moved back into the first round at 26 in a trade with Chicago to nab defensive tackle John McCargo. While some critics called both first rounders a reach none of them were the Bills defensive coordinator last season. The Bills defensive line was atrocious last year and Levy had McCargo rated third on his DT board. Without a second rounder due to the trade, the real value of Buffalo's draft came in rounds 3-5. Ashton Youboty somehow slipped into the third round and the Bills immediately grabbed him as Nate Clement's eventual replacement. Youboty was expected to go as high as the late first round and certainly no lower than the mid second. He'll contribute immediately. In the fourth, the secondary struck gold again with Ko Simpson still on the board. Simpson is raw but with unlimited physical ability and upside. He also comes with the luxury of learning the free safety position under Troy Vincent for at least one season. Kyle Williams was a great value pick in round five at DT. By the time 2007 rolls around the Bills could have as many as four or five new starters on their defense. Whitner and Simpson will remind many of the Indianapolis combo of Mike Doss and Bob Sanders. If you're a Bills fan, that's about as good as it gets.

Prov401
12-21-2009, 11:31 PM
Yea, definitley your worst write-up. But your right, you have to laugh at yourself every now and again.

lol, hell look at me...'TE2Hard-E81'... I so desperately want to change this, but can't i suppose.

patmoran2006
12-21-2009, 11:33 PM
Well at least I called Williams a great value pick in round 5.

I guess going 1 for 5 aint so bad, LOL

The Juice Is Loose
12-21-2009, 11:39 PM
hey, your writing to Bills fans.

you can't just hate a draft, nobody is gonna wanna read that

trapezeus
12-22-2009, 11:27 AM
Well at least I called Williams a great value pick in round 5.

I guess going 1 for 5 aint so bad, LOL

well if the bills do shake up the actual draft room, my guess is that they'll look at this write up and consider you for the job.

clumping platelets
12-22-2009, 11:50 AM
:ill: