PDA

View Full Version : Dick Jauron could be a candidate for the Browns job!

BillsWin
12-21-2009, 11:53 PM
Jason LaCanfora believes Jauron is among the candidates the Browns will target under the new leadership of Holmgren if Mangini is fired.

:roflmao: That would be amazing.

DMBcrew36
12-21-2009, 11:57 PM
If I were a Browns fan, and this were true, I would be devastated.

Prov401
12-22-2009, 12:03 AM
wow

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
12-22-2009, 12:03 AM
Well I predict the browns to go 7-9 next year then

Slim
12-22-2009, 12:06 AM
Where is funtimesyay?

Demon
12-22-2009, 12:08 AM
If I were a Browns fan, and this were true, I would be devastated.

He's actually not as bad as some of the other candidates that Jason La Confara believes Holmgren will want... Jim Zorn is also possible. lol

patmoran2006
12-22-2009, 12:08 AM
Piss on him.. (Jason)

He's the one who led me to believe the Colts were signing JP Losman and made me look like a bigger fool than I already am when he went to the Raiders.

BillsWin
12-22-2009, 12:14 AM
Piss on him.. (Jason)

He's the one who led me to believe the Colts were signing JP Losman and made me look like a bigger fool than I already am when he went to the Raiders.

I agree, (Schefter is much better) but I figured it was worth the laugh!

Demon
12-22-2009, 12:16 AM
Piss on him.. (Jason)

Don't blame La Confara, blame yourself. No offense, but when you "steal" insider info from NFL.com people's twitter and try to use it as your own, it ain't cool. Half of this message board got the same tweet as you did, yet nobody else came on here and said "a friend within the know told me..."

Credit the source man, unless it's really insider stuff and you can't say who it is.

patmoran2006
12-22-2009, 12:31 AM
Don't blame La Confara, blame yourself. No offense, but when you "steal" insider info from NFL.com people's twitter and try to use it as your own, it ain't cool. Half of this message board got the same tweet as you did, yet nobody else came on here and said "a friend within the know told me..."

Credit the source man, unless it's really insider stuff and you can't say who it is.
That is 100% false.

For starters, I posted something here before he tweeted anything if you care to do the research and check the times.. Obviously, its very possible that he heard from the same person that I did.. I also did not post a story link to it because I didn't originally trust that source to publish anything publicly other than a post on here...

Obviously his reporting it gave me more confidence it was going to happen

And I did mention him in that specific post and wrote this matter of factly

No crap man. That is not a good day for the cinderella kid at all.

However, though I know most know it it goes.

Just so I only have to address this once.
1- Obviously something changed today. He was close to signing with the Colts, in fact early in the day the Colts were mulling over roster shuffle options. Obviously, I don't know happened.
2- I did say he was on the "verge" of signing with the Colts, didnt say it was a done deal for sure.
3- Having said that, I turned out to be wrong.. Won't be the first and it won't be the last. What I am more interested in finding out is how today played out with him, cause I guarentee you there is more to it.
4- Lastly.. I havent bothered to read much of the bashing, but I will say this. Im not the only loser of the day.. So is Jason LaCanfora from the NFL Network.
http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora
Hey.. Tried to catch a scoop was told it was going to happen. Sorry guys. I'm sure I'll be wrong again

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=184164&page=2&highlight=losman

Mr. Pink
12-22-2009, 01:41 AM
FunTimesYaY says that Dick Jauron would not be a popular choice but wouldn't be the worst choice either with some people that are out there.

That being said, if a new coach is hired by Holmgren, I fully expect it to be one of these two guys...

Mariucci or Mornhingwheg

clumping platelets
12-22-2009, 02:39 AM
Jauron in Cleveland :pray:

SquishDaFish
12-22-2009, 03:05 AM
Pat just ignore the jealous detractors.

Historian
12-22-2009, 05:15 AM
At least we would be able to beat one team...

Canadian'eh!
12-22-2009, 05:24 AM
That is 100% false.

For starters, I posted something here before he tweeted anything if you care to do the research and check the times.. Obviously, its very possible that he heard from the same person that I did.. I also did not post a story link to it because I didn't originally trust that source to publish anything publicly other than a post on here...

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=184164&page=2&highlight=losman

Losman to Colts (P4).

The new Eklund has arrived.

yordad
12-22-2009, 06:52 AM
That is 100% false.

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=184164&page=2&highlight=losmanI think Demon is right, and I could have swore I already compared those times you speak of, and yours was a few minutes after his. Also, you didn't "credit" the man until you knew the info was wrong.

But, I ain't mad at ya either way, I don't twitter, and I appreciate the info no matter your motive!

Billz_fan
12-22-2009, 08:16 AM
This is no way me being a Jauron fan, The following post is for entertainment purposes only. Do not try this at home. It can cause injury. It will almost certainly cause lack of sleep and possible anxiety attacks.

Just stop for one second and think "what if"

What if Marv was right about Dick ?

What if the players loving him was because he was really a great coach ?

What if the reason he could never produce in Buffalo was that the talent here sucks so bad ?

What if his offense was so simple and vanilla is because he knew his players could not handle anything more than a "pop warner" offense ?

What if we bring in a "proven coach" and he goes 7-9 ?

What if the Browns hire Jauron and he makes the playoffs ?

As I said, These are questions im not looking for the answers to. Just a "what if"

If even some of these were to come to fruition it would be a nightmare of biblical proportions :laughter:

trapezeus
12-22-2009, 08:37 AM
sounds like its going to be 2006 for cleveland fans. remember how many candidates there were and we let go and boiled it down to sherman and jauron. and we even thought, "no way the bills sign a career loser" and then they did. And when you thought it could get no worse, it did. That was 2006 and the browns are about to step into it.

Sure if jauron succeeds, it'll be a one time anamoly and it wouldn't have ever happened here. it'll need to happen early or else his loser mentality will waft through the browns organization life a bad fart.

k-oneputt
12-22-2009, 08:50 AM
Jauron to Cleveland, I would actually feel bad for those fans. Nobody deserves Jauron.

The Juice Is Loose
12-22-2009, 09:26 AM
Him and Robert Royal can suck together.

Maybe we can get him to trade for Whitner. God knows he'd use the 2nd overall.

How long til he signs A-Train?

12:01-March 1...The Browns make the first splash in free agency as they have signed Washington practice squad guard Eric Whettle! Woo hoo!

trapezeus
12-22-2009, 09:37 AM
if whitner could join him out in cleveland, that would help him with his upcoming court dates. Hopefully he doesn't take a bad angle to the courthouse.

The Juice Is Loose
12-22-2009, 09:41 AM
if whitner could join him out in cleveland, that would help him with his upcoming court dates. Hopefully he doesn't take a bad angle to the courthouse.

hahahaha. i play flag football, and we now call a misplay in the secondary or a pass interference "whitnering it"

"oh man you totally whitnered that one pass breakup"

ahahhahaha PRO BOWL!! WOOO!!

yordad
12-22-2009, 09:45 AM
hahahaha. i play flag football, and we now call a misplay in the secondary or a pass interference "whitnering it"

"oh man you totally whitnered that one pass breakup"

ahahhahaha PRO BOWL!! WOOO!!In late December?

The Juice Is Loose
12-22-2009, 09:48 AM
indoor

Coach Sal
12-22-2009, 09:52 AM
That would suck for them.

You know, the NFL is just a better league when the Bills and Browns are good teams. There's not much better than watching playoff games in those cities with those fans.

HAMMER
12-22-2009, 10:34 AM

That's why I call him "The Junior Journalist".

WeAreArthurMoates
12-22-2009, 11:05 AM
Laconfora sucks, not only is no where near the insider that Schefter is, he's also a big dweeb. Seriously, how did NFL Net not pay Schefty.

Typ0
12-22-2009, 11:09 AM
DJ will be a head coach again and probably soon.

ddaryl
12-22-2009, 11:14 AM
I like the Dawg Pound and browns fans in general... Wouldn't wish this upon them

I'd bet a million that says it will never happen. nobody is that stoopid... right

Ginger Vitis
12-22-2009, 12:43 PM
Dick Jauron was Holmgrens DB coach for 3 years when Holmgren was coaching the Packers so this really isn't terribly surprising Jauron would be a potential candidate

Nighthawk
12-22-2009, 12:45 PM
I would laugh my ass off if they hired Jauron! Some people just don't get it!

PECKERWOOD
12-22-2009, 12:52 PM
If Jauron gets another head coaching gig, it only means one thing..... He gives fantastic blow jobs.

trapezeus
12-22-2009, 01:54 PM
Find me a black coach who sucks as badly as Jauron and gets repeated chances to be a head coach.

It's not necessarily overt racism, but i can't think of a black coach who has failed in two stops and come back for a third one.

Dennis Green, Vikings, cards - now in UFL
Herm Edwards - jets, KC, out of football

But guys like Jauron and weinstat gets chances to keep sucking at all levels of football. impressive.

yordad
12-22-2009, 02:09 PM
Good. If they sign him, maybe when we play next year we can throw for 19 total yards, 3 picks, and still win!

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-22-2009, 02:32 PM
in a complete, lovely fantasy world, Jauron would be the head coach of the new england patriots.... I can dream, can't I?

Billz_fan
12-22-2009, 02:48 PM
You know, the NFL is just a better league when the Bills and Browns are good teams. There's not much better than watching playoff games in those cities with those fans.

Absolutely correct ! Late 80's early 90's games were awesome. Gotta have Don Criqui doing the play by play to !! Thats what I think of when I think of the good times. Especially Buffalo and the original Browns squaring off in Cleveland with the snow blowing on the dirt infield of the stadium. Elway In Cleveland, the Drive. Nothing better.

OpIv37
12-22-2009, 03:26 PM
is it possible to put an entire city on suicide watch?

trapezeus
12-22-2009, 03:36 PM
if cleveland isn't on suicide watch from watching the team move to baltimore and then become the most consistent team along with a super bowl, i don't think the hiring of jauron will add to their pain too much more.

Cleveland and quebec, it's all the same. they suffered the greatest indignation of losing a team and watching it become good immediately somehwere else.

Mark my words, this is what will happen to the buffalo bills.

DynaPaul
12-22-2009, 07:43 PM
Somehow I just don't see that happening. No one would be fool enough to hire Jauron as a head coach again least of all Holmgren in his first big move as the head of football operations.

TheBrownBear
12-22-2009, 07:58 PM
This is no way me being a Jauron fan, The following post is for entertainment purposes only. Do not try this at home. It can cause injury. It will almost certainly cause lack of sleep and possible anxiety attacks.

Just stop for one second and think "what if"

What if Marv was right about Dick ?

What if the players loving him was because he was really a great coach ?

What if the reason he could never produce in Buffalo was that the talent here sucks so bad ?

What if his offense was so simple and vanilla is because he knew his players could not handle anything more than a "pop warner" offense ?

What if we bring in a "proven coach" and he goes 7-9 ?

What if the Browns hire Jauron and he makes the playoffs ?

As I said, These are questions im not looking for the answers to. Just a "what if"

If even some of these were to come to fruition it would be a nightmare of biblical proportions :laughter:

Lol. I thought the same thing. What if Jauron turns out to be a winner in Cleveland. Lol.

BILLSROCK1212
12-22-2009, 08:58 PM
I would like to think that the NFL realizes Jauron isn't suited to be a HC...him and Mangini are polar opposites...Jauron is loved by the players whereas Mangini is despised...in the end they both are no better than average

Typ0
12-22-2009, 09:00 PM
I would like to think that the NFL realizes Jauron isn't suited to be a HC...him and Mangini are polar opposites...Jauron is loved by the players whereas Mangini is despised...in the end they both are no better than average

average NFL coaches aren't that easy to find...and if they have talent they win games.

BertSquirtgum
12-22-2009, 10:14 PM
hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. good for them. they must really enjoy losing.

Cleve
12-23-2009, 08:20 AM
Holmgrem must be on some mighty powerful stuff if he's even considering Mauron for H.C. As bad as the Browns are, Jauron couldn't even find a way to beat them. At home.

Cleve
12-23-2009, 08:24 AM

"Average" would be an ENORMOUS upgrade for Jauron. LOL. I did a topic on it a few months back, but I reviewed coaching stats - of experienced coaches with 100+ games under their belt, Jauron has the 5th or 6th worst win/loss percentage record - of all TIME.

Typ0
12-23-2009, 10:40 AM
"Average" would be an ENORMOUS upgrade for Jauron. LOL. I did a topic on it a few months back, but I reviewed coaching stats - of experienced coaches with 100+ games under their belt, Jauron has the 5th or 6th worst win/loss percentage record - of all TIME.

And he's also never had a QB with a winning percentage despite they have been coached by several coaches. Why do you look into that? Why don't you look at the successful coaches who have had QBs that have won no matter who coached them and when they went somewhere without a QB they fizzled out. Coaching is far too overvalued and the players being good is undervalued. Immediate case in point: the guy in Indy must be some kind of genius of a coach. I mean, it's his first season and he's undefeated! Why don't the Browns just offer him a zillion dollars so they can be undefeated next year too.

tampabay25690
12-23-2009, 12:11 PM
Well reports out of TAMPA are that Holmgren has contacted Jon Gruden about the head coaching job....

I will keep posted if I hear anything more...

TheBrownBear
12-23-2009, 12:19 PM
Why don't you look at the successful coaches who have had QBs that have won no matter who coached them and when they went somewhere without a QB they fizzled out. Coaching is far too overvalued and the players being good is undervalued. Immediate case in point: the guy in Indy must be some kind of genius of a coach. I mean, it's his first season and he's undefeated! Why don't the Browns just offer him a zillion dollars so they can be undefeated next year too.

A lot of it is Manning, but a lot of it is the foundation set by the previous coach (See Tomlin in Pitt, Callahan in Oak, Switzer in Dal, etc.). Remember, there was a season where Manning went 6-10. By your logic, that shouldn't happen if all you need is a great QB.

And look what Bellicheat was able to accomplish with sand-Cassel at QB last year. Don't kid yourself. It's impossible to overstate the value of a good head coach.

Cleve
12-23-2009, 12:25 PM
A lot of it is Manning, but a lot of it is the foundation set by the previous coach (See Tomlin in Pitt, Callahan in Oak, Switzer in Dal, etc.). Remember, there was a season where Manning went 6-10. By your logic, that shouldn't happen if all you need is a great QB.

And look what Bellicheat was able to accomplish with sand-Cassel at QB last year. Don't kid yourself. It's impossible to overstate the value of a good head coach.

Good points. It isn't as if Jauron wasn't given enough time to prove himself. He had four friggin seasons to build the team up - and team was clearly going backwards when Jauron was given the boot.

You couple his failures in Buffalo with his poor record before coming to Buffalo, and he remains one of the worst established HCs of all time.

Now, if he was given the HC job at Cleveland, would he STILL be collecting his Buffalo Bills salary for 2010? if that were true it might make him the most highly compensated coach in the NFL in 2010 - which would be absolute insanity.

Mudflap1
12-23-2009, 12:28 PM
Jauron worked for Holmgren in Green Bay, so it's not a complete surprise that all of his former assistants are probably guys he would take a look at. It's probably why Holmgren didn't want to talk to the Bills. First, the Bills fired a guy that Holmgren liked. Second, Jauron probably explained the culture of losing (Ralph, front office, etc.) that exists here, and Holmgren ran away.

trapezeus
12-23-2009, 01:30 PM
Holmgrem must be on some mighty powerful stuff if he's even considering Mauron for H.C. As bad as the Browns are, Jauron couldn't even find a way to beat them. At home.

....twice.

trapezeus
12-23-2009, 01:34 PM
i thought i heard the browns actually have a lot of broken contracts that they have to pay out from crennel and associates and some bust players. so wouldn't it prove that they'd rather go the cheap route (ala jauron) as opposed to luring Gruden back?

My sense from the comments gruden is making on tv is that, he's having fun in the role he has, he's getting paid nicely, and he enjoys the team he works with. I think he comes back to the NFL with a ridiculous cash deal or to take over a team that has been successful.

Typ0
12-23-2009, 04:03 PM

it's not just the QB but he has plenty to do with it. Cassel was surrounded by very good offensive players in NE and now he's got much less to work with. I watched him play a couple times this year and his numbers would look a lot better if his guys would catch balls that are thrown right in their chest.

If the coach has a lot to do with the players on the field that is where they are making their difference. If they don't and your pointing fingers at them it's inappropriate.

Cleve
12-23-2009, 04:40 PM
....twice.

Wouldja believe... thrice?

After you posted that, I went back and checked. Jauron's Bills lost all 3 games they've played with the Browns. The MNF game last year, and during the blizzard back in 2007, when the Bills had a playoff berth on the line and the Browns had nothing to gain.

We have to go back to 2004 to find the last time the Bills beat the Browns - and that was long before we were cursed with Jauron.

3 straight losses to the Browns, 2 of those at home - and 1 was a Monday Night Football Game. How can anyone defend Jauron?

trapezeus
12-24-2009, 08:59 AM
that's right. that snow game. with so much riding on it, he came up short. what a horrible head coach. he must have pictures of NFL owners or something, because his on field leadership is awful.

Jan Reimers
12-24-2009, 09:01 AM
In a word, WHY?

RockStar36
12-24-2009, 09:11 AM
is it possible to put an entire city on suicide watch?

Combine that with Lebron leaving town and they will definitely need to be on suicide watch.

Coach Sal
12-24-2009, 09:30 AM
Not that I think there's a chance this could even happen, but if it did, the greatest pat would be that the Bills would be off the hook for the money they owe him on the remainder of his contract.

If he gets a DC job, they still have to pay him.

Maybe we can star a "Dick Jauron for Head Coach.........Somewhere!" campaign?!

Coach Sal
12-24-2009, 09:31 AM
Not that I think there's a chance this could even happen, but if it did, the greatest part would be that the Bills would be off the hook for the money they owe him on the remainder of his contract.

If he gets a DC job, they still have to pay him.

Maybe we can star a "Dick Jauron for Head Coach.........Somewhere!" campaign?!