PDA

View Full Version : Wake Up to your Tuesday morning Xmas Wish

patmoran2006
12-22-2009, 12:37 AM
Bills fans not up late will probably be happy to wake up to this.

According to the Buffalo News, Brian Brohm will probably be the starting quarterback this Sunday.

I had previously reported a few hours ago that Trent had a high ankle sprain and will end up going on IR.

But smarty pants Allen Wilson had to go one further and say that Fitzpatrick is unliklely to play and had crutches at his locker today. (total sarcasm, Allen is the man)

So it looks like Brohm will start on Sunday.

Michael82
12-22-2009, 12:49 AM
Great way to end the season! I'm just more pissed at Fewell for not getting Brohm any reps with the offense during the time he's been here. That's asinine. Oh well. At least we'll be able to see what we got from Brohm, because it appears that both Edwards and Fitzpatrick may be done as Bills after the season.

patmoran2006
12-22-2009, 12:51 AM
Fitzpatrick will definitley be back next year.

Why wouldnt he? Hes an affordable, experienced #2 backup.

Michael82
12-22-2009, 01:05 AM
I thought he was expensive for a backup? :scratch:

BoyILuvLoznStupidly
12-22-2009, 01:09 AM
This is something to look forward too. I hope Brohm comes in and lights it up for 325 yards and 4 tds.

Prov401
12-22-2009, 01:17 AM
We're probably going to run the ball 65% of the time this week. I would just like to see these 3 things from Brohm.

1. Accurate throws
2. Smart decisions/No picks
3. Not holding onto the ball forever

Ingtar33
12-22-2009, 01:27 AM
We're probably going to run the ball 65% of the time this week. I would just like to see these 3 things from Brohm.

1. Accurate throws
2. Smart decisions/No picks
3. Not holding onto the ball forever

i'm not even looking for this.

I'm looking for NFL level QBing. an offense that moves. and scores TDs. If he throws for 150yards 1 TD and 0 INTs i'll be aggravated... because we could get this from Trent Edwards.

If he throws for 250 yards, 2 TDs and 3 INTs i'll be happier

hell.. if he throws for 250 yards, 3 TDs and 5 ints I'll probably still be happy.

I can handle INTs from a young player. I can't stand Fitzpatrick level inaccuracy or Trent level caution.

The Brohm i saw in college was a gunslinger who loved to get the ball down-field. I want to see that guy... even if he sucks (and he will suck... he has just one week with the offense).

BillsWin
12-22-2009, 01:33 AM
Brohm has been compared to Jim Kelly. If I see .0598 % of Kelly-ness in him it will be 1,000 times better than the QB play we've endured this decade.

I wish him luck, he will need it behind this line. I hope he turns out to be as good as scouts said he would be.

Typ0
12-22-2009, 04:54 AM
This is horrible news. he's going to be thrust into play when he's not ready because of injury. what's going to happen when he gets hurt is moorman going to play Qb?

don137
12-22-2009, 05:58 AM
The fact that he only has practiced with the scout team up to this point is not encouraging. Hopefully this will not impede his progress because Brohm will make his share of mistakes not to mention the OL. Playing behind this offensive line could do permanent mental damage to any young QB.

yordad
12-22-2009, 06:00 AM
Fitzpatrick will definitley be back next year.

Why wouldnt he? Hes an affordable, experienced #2 backup.So is Edwards. More starts, and cheaper. :idunno:

Typ0
12-22-2009, 06:21 AM
So is Edwards. More starts, and cheaper. :idunno:

I agree with you. The only reason Fitz is even playing is because we have the holiest swiss cheese ever of a OLine and they want to preserve TE for a shot next season.

yordad
12-22-2009, 06:44 AM
I agree with you. The only reason Fitz is even playing is because we have the holiest swiss cheese ever of a OLine and they want to preserve TE for a shot next season.Is this sarcasm? Either way is it is funny.

mybills
12-22-2009, 06:49 AM
Leave it to the Bills to be a couple of weeks late on their :curse: decisions. Brohm could have been taking reps in practice for a while now, but noooooooooooo! :shakeno:

Don't Panic
12-22-2009, 06:55 AM
Waiting on Brohm is understandable... point is, he's getting the start, no matter the circumstances. Let's focus on that. My only hope is that the O line has at least an average game so we see what Brohm can do... for better or worse. I want this to be an evaluation of his ability, not a reminder of how beat up our line is.

I would imagine we'll be signing someone to play backup if Trent goes IR... probably today. Can't go in with 2 QBs...

Great news Pat... thanks for sharing.

mybills
12-22-2009, 06:58 AM
I'm still focused on the fact that they knew they had a rival game coming up and didn't let the BETTER QB practice so they could beat the snot out of said rival team. :mad:

mybills
12-22-2009, 06:59 AM
p.s. I'm keeping mistletoe in my back pocket just in case I see any Pats players.

realdealryan
12-22-2009, 07:11 AM
I can imagine ONE situation where this goes well. Accuracy. Nelson and Evans got open on the Pats regularly and will easily do so against the Falcons' struggling secondary.

The flip side is that we need a miracle out of this line; we'll likely get less.

This is another one of those games where a slumping vet breaks out. John Abraham has 4.5 sacks vs 16.5 last year - so I'll mark him down for 1.5 and a ton of pressures.

If we're forced to use Brohm, we need to start letting some other receivers have a shot. T.O. has been done since the Jets game.

X-Era
12-22-2009, 07:15 AM
I can imagine ONE situation where this goes well. Accuracy. Nelson and Evans got open on the Pats regularly and will easily do so against the Falcons' struggling secondary.

The flip side is that we need a miracle out of this line; we'll likely get less.

This is another one of those games where a slumping vet breaks out. John Abraham has 4.5 sacks vs 16.5 last year - so I'll mark him down for 1.5 and a ton of pressures.

If we're forced to use Brohm, we need to start letting some other receivers have a shot. T.O. has been done since the Jets game.

I would go back into "pre-season" mode and evaluate what we have.

Philagape
12-22-2009, 07:21 AM
BROHM BALL!!!!

dannyek71
12-22-2009, 07:25 AM
Fitting way to conclude the season. A PS QB starting for us behind our PS line.

ddaryl
12-22-2009, 07:39 AM
Something ot look forward too.. Now we need to hope he doesn't get killed

M
12-22-2009, 07:51 AM
Is Brohm mobile? I feel bad for this kid ... no reps and under center behind a sketchy o-line. He'll be running for his damned life the whole game.

Typ0
12-22-2009, 07:59 AM
I'm still focused on the fact that they knew they had a rival game coming up and didn't let the BETTER QB practice so they could beat the snot out of said rival team. :mad:

How do you know who the better QB is? I'm guessing Brohm wasn't practicing because he's not ready to play. Sunday is going to be a disaster. We'll be lucky to get out of there with him alive and are now risking destroying the chances we had with him by picking him up in the first place.

soapman
12-22-2009, 07:59 AM
Bills will sign and start Hammy before they let Brohm start IMO.

Dr. Lecter
12-22-2009, 08:02 AM
There plan was to start Brohm the last two games when they signed him.

Go look at the thread when they signed the guy. It was their plan all along.

ddaryl
12-22-2009, 08:09 AM
The guy needs a tatste of action before we go into the offseason.

I share the fears that most have, but this is football. He needs to deal with it.

yordad
12-22-2009, 08:10 AM
How do you know who the better QB is? I'm guessing Brohm wasn't practicing because he's not ready to play. Sunday is going to be a disaster. We'll be lucky to get out of there with him alive and are now risking destroying the chances we had with him by picking him up in the first place.Dude, he wasn't practicing because he wasn't ready to play? Maybe he wasn't ready to play becasue he wasn't practicing. I mean, how does one get ready by not practicing?

And, how often does a single start "destroy" someone? And what do you mean?

Jan Reimers
12-22-2009, 08:13 AM
I'm both looking forward to watching him play, and praying that he has the physical and mental toughness to survive.

M
12-22-2009, 08:14 AM

Then I hope the talk that he hasn't been practicing is false. If their plan all along was to play him, then he has to be taking reps (and not just with the scout team, right??)

Throne Logic
12-22-2009, 08:23 AM
This is horrible news. he's going to be thrust into play when he's not ready because of injury. what's going to happen when he gets hurt is moorman going to play Qb?

Mooreman wouldn't be much of a drop off.

Throne Logic
12-22-2009, 08:25 AM
I would imagine we'll be signing someone to play backup if Trent goes IR... probably today. Can't go in with 2 QBs...

Great news Pat... thanks for sharing.

Hamden most likely.

Ed
12-22-2009, 08:32 AM
This is great news. I'm actually excited for the last two games now. Who would have thought that could be possible with the way this season is going?

I like the quotes I read from Brohm yesterday on bb.com. He at least sounds confident and excited for an opportunity to play.

I'm not expecting much and I don't think it'll be fair to try and draw any conclusions one way or the other, but hopefully he shows us something.

Go Bills!

mybills
12-22-2009, 09:38 AM
How do you know who the better QB is? I'm guessing Brohm wasn't practicing because he's not ready to play. Sunday is going to be a disaster. We'll be lucky to get out of there with him alive and are now risking destroying the chances we had with him by picking him up in the first place.
This post contradicts itself. Sounds like you don't think he's better than Fitz or TE, yet they are now risking the chances they had...:huh:

1, see yordad's post. Your guess is a bit off.
2, the stories around Brohm are more positive than Fitz ever had, but you question who I think the better QB is? do you just like to argue with me?
3, they may get killed (don't remember saying they won't) but that's why I wanted him practicing sooner.
4, see CT's post about # 3 above.

ParanoidAndroid
12-22-2009, 10:22 AM
Leave it to the Bills to be a couple of weeks late on their :curse: decisions. Brohm could have been taking reps in practice for a while now, but noooooooooooo! :shakeno:

If you look at the other 31 teams in the NFL and find out how many reps a 3rd string QB gets in daily practice during the season on average, you should not be surprised to find out that that number is about zero.

Typ0
12-22-2009, 10:43 AM

I'm not going to take someones comments on a message board about him starting the last two games as evidence that was there plan from the beginning...and I have never heard anything from the Bills to indicate that he was going to play. We have heard things to indicate he wasn't going to play though.

Typ0
12-22-2009, 10:53 AM
Dude, he wasn't practicing because he wasn't ready to play? Maybe he wasn't ready to play becasue he wasn't practicing. I mean, how does one get ready by not practicing?

And, how often does a single start "destroy" someone? And what do you mean?

I know what you are saying about the Catch-22 but he was in that situation for a reason. Based on just about everything I've heard from a real source Brohm has not adjusted to the NFL as well as people would have liked. He's been slow getting it mentally. That doesn't mean he won't get it and he's demonstrated some skills to be able to play the position so he was a good pickup. However, a pickup as a saving grace right now is very unrealistic. I'm not going to go through the list of things that indicate this team really stinks right now and I'm sure you are smart enough to know them...but this team stinks right now and he's being put into a terrible situation.

As far as being destroyed....when a 300 LB guy tears into him because he's so clueless there is some different possibilities for destruction. We already saw it cause TE to go from having some promise to being a cuncussed deer in headlights. I just think a significant part of teaching someone is building their confidence up to do the things you want to teach them to do. Instead, all this is going to do is tear down his confidence and will put him at serious risk of injury that could also be detrimental to his career. In short, they don't have a lot invested in him and are willing to throw him away at this point. And the team is so bad it's very unlikely we are going to get to see any of what you want to see which is how he can QB. The team (especially the offense) is a train wreck. We're throwing a guy whose already struggled into a train wreck. Brilliant.

Typ0
12-22-2009, 11:00 AM
It would be nice if someday he was better than TE and RF but he isn't right now. If he was he would have been backing up Rodgers in GB not sitting on the practice squad. If he was our guys would have been so happy to get a QB that could play he would have immediately been #2 on our depth chart and taking thosse snaps in practice...but he wasn't.

The "better" solution for the long term is different than what's best right now. RF is more prepared to play on Sunday than Brohm that's why he was starting. Brohm has been struggling to even play at an NFL level he's not ready to start a game. That doesn't mean everything about him is negative sometimes it does take time for people to develop you know. Rodgers sat behind Favre four years before he played at all. Now, he's a better QB as a long term option and he's playing well because he had that time to grow. Everybody is going to be different. When Brohm goes out and stinks up the joint this weekend all the knee jerkers are going to have their heads dejected unreasonably.

This post contradicts itself. Sounds like you don't think he's better than Fitz or TE, yet they are now risking the chances they had...:huh:

1, see yordad's post. Your guess is a bit off.
2, the stories around Brohm are more positive than Fitz ever had, but you question who I think the better QB is? do you just like to argue with me?
3, they may get killed (don't remember saying they won't) but that's why I wanted him practicing sooner.
4, see CT's post about # 3 above.

Throne Logic
12-22-2009, 12:02 PM
It would be nice if someday he was better than TE and RF but he isn't right now. If he was he would have been backing up Rodgers in GB not sitting on the practice squad. If he was our guys would have been so happy to get a QB that could play he would have immediately been #2 on our depth chart and taking thosse snaps in practice...but he wasn't.

The "better" solution for the long term is different than what's best right now. RF is more prepared to play on Sunday than Brohm that's why he was starting. Brohm has been struggling to even play at an NFL level he's not ready to start a game. That doesn't mean everything about him is negative sometimes it does take time for people to develop you know. Rodgers sat behind Favre four years before he played at all. Now, he's a better QB as a long term option and he's playing well because he had that time to grow. Everybody is going to be different. When Brohm goes out and stinks up the joint this weekend all the knee jerkers are going to have their heads dejected unreasonably.

Drew Brees would fit the took time to develop category.

Don't forget, with everyone comparing his abilities to Jim Kelly, that Kelly did not start in the NFL right out of college. He got his feet wet in the minor league for a time before actually coming to Buffalo.

kernowboy
12-22-2009, 02:32 PM
Based on our awful our offense has been, the fact he has only practised with the scout team may be to his advantage

mybills
12-22-2009, 03:40 PM
If you look at the other 31 teams in the NFL and find out how many reps a 3rd string QB gets in daily practice during the season on average, you should not be surprised to find out that that number is about zero.
the other 31 teams don't have 2 sucky QB's before him.

PECKERWOOD
12-22-2009, 03:50 PM
He is garbage, Brohm won't be a starter in Buffalo for long.

realdealryan
12-22-2009, 04:48 PM
He is garbage, Brohm won't be a starter in Buffalo for long.
You are, of course, assuming that a competent GM & coach arrive for next year. We'll be salivating to see Brohm in 2010 if anything goes even partially well this week.