X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Jackson needs 189 yards in 2 games

To reach 1000 for the season. I hope Fewell makes it a priority to get Freddy his 1000 yards, he deserves it.
  • yordad
    • Dec 2007

Re: Jackson needs 189 yards in 2 games

I hope he makes it a priority to run too, considering we have a QB making his first start, and the worst pass blocking i have ever seen in my life.
    "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

I agree with this assesment. Get Freddy his 1000 yards.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

I was suprised when I saw he had 811 yards, considering when Lynch came back he didn't get squat for carries for the first few games.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

i'd like to see him get 1000 yards. it would be one of very few bright spots on this years team.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

1000 yards used to mean something prior to 1978, when there was only 14 games.

1100-1200 yards is more impressive these days. And that's not to take away anything from Jackson, who plays his heart out every snap.

Just saying.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
              Pinkerton's son
              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Night Train
              1000 yards used to mean something prior to 1978, when there was only 14 games.

1100-1200 yards is more impressive these days. And that's not to take away anything from Jackson, who plays his heart out every snap.

Just saying.
              true, but as people have stated, he wasnt even a starter for a few weeks and during those weeks was lucky if he got 8 carries. for someone who splits carries like they do i think its fairly impressive.

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

Definitley would love to see jackson get the grand

and then next year i would like to see him put up 2000 all purpose yards starting all 16 games

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                  • Feb 2009

Funny when Lynch breaks a 1000 everyone says it's no big and he sucks. When Freddy does it, he's the second coming of Jim Brown.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                    Defies all logic
                    • Oct 2006

Our running system is very similar to what the Giants try do, at least from the perspective of having a two back work load. With that said, as good as Jackson has been, I still think that Marshawn Lynch was used incorrectly for nearly the whole season. Good teams that run the two back system find ways to get both backs involved and effective, which has been anything but the case here. Actually, I'm pretty surprised that Lynch has 450 yards on the year, sitting at about 3.9 yards per carry.

Comment

• T-Long
                      Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                      • Sep 2003

If he played in every game, that's averaging 63 yards per game to hit 1000.

IMPRESSIVE!

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                        Defies all logic
                        • Oct 2006

Deep down inside, we all know that Jackson needs to eventually take a seat for Marshawn to pave the way. Say what you want, but Jackson is almost 30 years old and that benchmark more often than not spells the end for most running backs. Plus, despite Marshawn's slow start, when our coaching staff has actually attempted to get him involved, he is near 4ypc again. In reality, Marshawn needs to become our Brandon Jacobs and Jackson our Ahmad Bradshaw.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                          • Mar 2004

Wow, the negativity in this thread is hilarious. I don't remember saying that Fred was a probowler for reaching 1000 yards, or that he's even a better back than Marshawn (he is this season, but that's another conversation altogether). Sure 1000 yards isn't what it used to be, but it's still a milestone.
                          I try to find something positive about the season, and people **** all over it.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by WeAreMarshawn23
                            Funny when Lynch breaks a 1000 everyone says it's no big and he sucks. When Freddy does it, he's the second coming of Jim Brown.
                            If you took your head out of your ass long enough to read properly, you'll see that this thread has nothing to do with Freddy being the next Jim Brown, or him being better than Marshawn.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
                              Pinkerton's son
                              • Feb 2006

Originally posted by PECKERWOOD
                              Deep down inside, we all know that Jackson needs to eventually take a seat for Marshawn to pave the way. Say what you want, but Jackson is almost 30 years old and that benchmark more often than not spells the end for most running backs. Plus, despite Marshawn's slow start, when our coaching staff has actually attempted to get him involved, he is near 4ypc again. In reality, Marshawn needs to become our Brandon Jacobs and Jackson our Ahmad Bradshaw.
                              30 is generally a benchmark, but Freddie def has less wear on his tires because he played in shorter seasons in Europe, then came over here and sat on our PS for a couple years. I would say he is really more like a 27 year old RB, at least in a physical sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X