PDA

View Full Version : Jackson needs 189 yards in 2 games

Forward_Lateral
12-22-2009, 07:15 AM
To reach 1000 for the season. I hope Fewell makes it a priority to get Freddy his 1000 yards, he deserves it.

yordad
12-22-2009, 07:59 AM
I hope he makes it a priority to run too, considering we have a QB making his first start, and the worst pass blocking i have ever seen in my life.

THATHURMANATOR
12-22-2009, 08:20 AM
I agree with this assesment. Get Freddy his 1000 yards.

Forward_Lateral
12-22-2009, 08:34 AM
I was suprised when I saw he had 811 yards, considering when Lynch came back he didn't get squat for carries for the first few games.

SABURZFAN
12-22-2009, 08:53 AM
i'd like to see him get 1000 yards. it would be one of very few bright spots on this years team.

Night Train
12-22-2009, 08:56 AM
1000 yards used to mean something prior to 1978, when there was only 14 games.

1100-1200 yards is more impressive these days. And that's not to take away anything from Jackson, who plays his heart out every snap.

Just saying.

Pinkerton Security
12-22-2009, 11:23 AM
1000 yards used to mean something prior to 1978, when there was only 14 games.

1100-1200 yards is more impressive these days. And that's not to take away anything from Jackson, who plays his heart out every snap.

Just saying.

true, but as people have stated, he wasnt even a starter for a few weeks and during those weeks was lucky if he got 8 carries. for someone who splits carries like they do i think its fairly impressive.

ddaryl
12-22-2009, 11:42 AM
Definitley would love to see jackson get the grand

and then next year i would like to see him put up 2000 all purpose yards starting all 16 games

WeAreArthurMoates
12-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Funny when Lynch breaks a 1000 everyone says it's no big and he sucks. When Freddy does it, he's the second coming of Jim Brown.

PECKERWOOD
12-22-2009, 12:23 PM
Our running system is very similar to what the Giants try do, at least from the perspective of having a two back work load. With that said, as good as Jackson has been, I still think that Marshawn Lynch was used incorrectly for nearly the whole season. Good teams that run the two back system find ways to get both backs involved and effective, which has been anything but the case here. Actually, I'm pretty surprised that Lynch has 450 yards on the year, sitting at about 3.9 yards per carry.

T-Long
12-22-2009, 12:27 PM
If he played in every game, that's averaging 63 yards per game to hit 1000.

IMPRESSIVE!

PECKERWOOD
12-22-2009, 12:36 PM
Deep down inside, we all know that Jackson needs to eventually take a seat for Marshawn to pave the way. Say what you want, but Jackson is almost 30 years old and that benchmark more often than not spells the end for most running backs. Plus, despite Marshawn's slow start, when our coaching staff has actually attempted to get him involved, he is near 4ypc again. In reality, Marshawn needs to become our Brandon Jacobs and Jackson our Ahmad Bradshaw.

Forward_Lateral
12-22-2009, 01:15 PM
Wow, the negativity in this thread is hilarious. I don't remember saying that Fred was a probowler for reaching 1000 yards, or that he's even a better back than Marshawn (he is this season, but that's another conversation altogether). Sure 1000 yards isn't what it used to be, but it's still a milestone.
I try to find something positive about the season, and people **** all over it.

Forward_Lateral
12-22-2009, 01:17 PM
Funny when Lynch breaks a 1000 everyone says it's no big and he sucks. When Freddy does it, he's the second coming of Jim Brown.

If you took your head out of your ass long enough to read properly, you'll see that this thread has nothing to do with Freddy being the next Jim Brown, or him being better than Marshawn.

Pinkerton Security
12-22-2009, 01:27 PM
Deep down inside, we all know that Jackson needs to eventually take a seat for Marshawn to pave the way. Say what you want, but Jackson is almost 30 years old and that benchmark more often than not spells the end for most running backs. Plus, despite Marshawn's slow start, when our coaching staff has actually attempted to get him involved, he is near 4ypc again. In reality, Marshawn needs to become our Brandon Jacobs and Jackson our Ahmad Bradshaw.

30 is generally a benchmark, but Freddie def has less wear on his tires because he played in shorter seasons in Europe, then came over here and sat on our PS for a couple years. I would say he is really more like a 27 year old RB, at least in a physical sense.

PECKERWOOD
12-22-2009, 01:48 PM
30 is generally a benchmark, but Freddie def has less wear on his tires because he played in shorter seasons in Europe, then came over here and sat on our PS for a couple years. I would say he is really more like a 27 year old RB, at least in a physical sense.

True, he still has some heavy mileage on them tires, NFL Europa and all. If we let Lynch be our workhorse, Freddy Jackson could potentially play well into his mid 30s, but if we want to ride him all the time, he will breakdown sooner.

Beastie Bills
12-23-2009, 08:21 AM
Just saw this on Rotoworld...
<table class="s_playerNewsTable" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td width="11">http://www.rotoworld.com/images/pixel.gif</td> <td style="background: rgb(25, 75, 140) none repeat scroll 0% 0%; -moz-background-clip: border; -moz-background-origin: padding; -moz-background-inline-policy: continuous;" width="10">http://www.rotoworld.com/images/left_corner_player_news.gif</td> <td class="s_playerNewsTitle" style="background: rgb(25, 75, 140) none repeat scroll 0% 0%; -moz-background-clip: border; -moz-background-origin: padding; -moz-background-inline-policy: continuous;" width=""><table class="s_playerNewsTitle" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td align="left" width="33">http://www.rotoworld.com/images/teamlogos/NFL_sm/BUF.gif</td><td align="left"> Fred Jackson (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4506)-RB- Bills (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clubhouse_news.aspx?sport=NFL&majteam=BUF)</td><td style="" align="right">Dec. 23 - 9:11 am et</td></tr></tbody></table> </td><td style="background: rgb(25, 75, 140) none repeat scroll 0% 0%; -moz-background-clip: border; -moz-background-origin: padding; -moz-background-inline-policy: continuous;" width="14">http://www.rotoworld.com/images/right_corner_player_news.gif</td></tr></tbody></table>
With the Bills now officially eliminated from the playoffs, Fred Jackson says he will talk to his offensive linemen about reaching a 1,000 rushing yard goal.

Jackson is at 811 rushing yards right now. "With the struggles that our offensive line has gone through, that’s something they could be proud of if I’m able to get 1,000 yards," said Jackson. He's averaging 15.75 carries per game over the last four weeks and is a solid RB2 against the Falcons this week.

DrGraves
12-23-2009, 09:59 AM
freddy is the only player on our team that deserves to be on an nfl roster. get the man his 1000 yards

(plus moorman)