PDA

View Full Version : Just FYI - When Brohm came out he was often compared to....

Devin
12-22-2009, 09:10 AM
Jim Kelly.

How accurate that is....we shall see. I dont think hes the second coming or anything, but I do believe the kid has the ability to be a solid QB. Certainly not under this inept staff but somewhere.

Im anxious to see what he has.

trapezeus
12-22-2009, 09:13 AM
FYI - every QB since kelly has had some kind of "kelly-like" quality. And we've never seen it.

i'm guessing Brohm ends up on the IR by next monday, Hamden comes back and beats the colts. Billszone.com/fanzone is innundated with "i knew hamden was the best of the bunch" "why don't we know who we have on the roster" and "sign him to $4MM a season for 5 years. let's lock him up now!"

so predictable it hurts.

The Juice Is Loose
12-22-2009, 09:21 AM
Brohm may end up sucking, but he was the most highly touted QB that we've added to this team since 1987.

Well I guess JP was a first rounder, but nobody ever gave a damn about him. Nation wide. Every 04 draft conversation was Phillip, Ben, Eli. Nobody ever mentioned Losman, and before the draft I never even heard of him.

Whereas Brohm was playing games on national TV. I remember he like broke his thumb or hand on his throwing arm and he still wanted to play.

I feel he has more potential upside than anybody we've had since Jim got here. QB wise of course. Im glad this coaching staff isn't trying to teach him anything. He'd get scared and ****ty.

LOL I wonder if the coaching staff was instructed to leave him alone for the next staff.

SABURZFAN
12-22-2009, 09:24 AM
Lossman was compared to Favre and he wasn't close. let's hope Brohm could be half the QB that Kelly was.

trapezeus
12-22-2009, 09:36 AM
edwards had the potential to be brady (guilty as charged)
Fitz had the ability to aspire to be Holcomb
Bledsoe had the ability to be a legend like kelly
Flutie had the ability to be mythical elf that brings happiness and a pot of gold everywhere he goes
Rob Johnson aspired to look like Don Flamenco from Punchout

Everyone has tried to be someone else. they have all failed.

mybills
12-22-2009, 09:45 AM
well, some people here are convinced that Brohm will die on Dec 27th, 2009.

The Juice Is Loose
12-22-2009, 09:45 AM
hey, bledsoe backed up what we expected.

its not like he was "mobile" before he got here.

seems common sense to me to protect him and let him throw. i don't see kurt warner scrambling around.

ditching bledsoe was the single biggest mistake of the last 10 years.

mybills
12-22-2009, 09:49 AM

:rofl: What about his tunnel vision? Are you going to blame the O-Line for that, too?

yordad
12-22-2009, 09:49 AM

seems common sense to me to protect him and let him throw. i don't see kurt warner scrambling around.

ditching bledsoe was the single biggest mistake of the last 10 years.I don't know, he went on to suck behind a pretty good line in Dallas. I think letting Pat Williams walk was a bigger mistake, drafting Mike Williams surely was. Actually, what did we give up for Bledsoe? Acquiring him may have been a bigger mistake then losing him.

Beastie Bills
12-22-2009, 09:51 AM

Hey now, Losman did finish the '04 season at 3 for 5, for 32 yards, one INT, one Fumble and zero TD's, so you can't blame the organization for cutting Bledsoe after the season and handing JP the reigns.

mybills
12-22-2009, 09:52 AM
Friggin dude couldn't find a second or third receiver if his life depended on it.
"Get open, get open, I'll wait, don't worry, oh gosh, you now have 3 defenders on you, but hell, I'll try to throw it to you anyway."

@#$&*()_+|bash#@!$&*)crash$@#%&*(

"What the hell o-line, I needed five more minutes!"

~ Drew Bledsoe

trapezeus
12-22-2009, 10:04 AM
bledsoe would never have been given enough time. there is no line that he would have succeeded on. so many of his hits came after 4 seconds in the pocket. and his patented pat the ball twice before throwing became like a turrets like twitch.

Bledsoe leaving was about 2 years too late. sound familar?

EDS
12-22-2009, 10:09 AM
Please do not expect greatness, or even average play from Brohm this season. He will only disappoint. I will be happy if he survives the game in tact and throws a few nice looking balls. I expect a few sacks, a fumble and an interception or three.

Beastie Bills
12-22-2009, 10:10 AM
Friggin dude couldn't find a second or third receiver if his life depended on it.
"Get open, get open, I'll wait, don't worry, oh gosh, you now have 3 defenders on you, but hell, I'll try to throw it to you anyway."

@#$&*()_+|bash#@!$&*)crash$@#%&*(

"What the hell o-line, I needed five more minutes!"

~ Drew Bledsoe
JP was better?

Weather you like Bledsoe or you hate him, how can you defend cutting your starting QB (who just took your team to their best record in 5 years, by the way) in favor of a rookie who never looked all that good.

ddaryl
12-22-2009, 10:12 AM
Please do not expect greatness, or even average play from Brohm this season. He will only disappoint. I will be happy if he survives the game in tact and throws a few nice looking balls. I expect a few sacks, a fumble and an interception or three.

I expect to see him show some flashes of good to great QB play.... Possibly even throw for more then 100yards

but serioulsy, for me this is more about getting Brohm a taste of the NFL game before the offseason. Something for his mind to process going into next year :nod:

OpIv37
12-22-2009, 10:14 AM
I hope he doesn't compare to Kelly in terms of mobility- if so, he won't make it out of the first quarter with this OL.

methos4ever
12-22-2009, 10:17 AM
Just don't get the pitchforks and torches out when a guy that has had zero reps with our playbook has to go out there with that line. Not really a recipe for success.

OpIv37
12-22-2009, 10:38 AM
Just don't get the pitchforks and torches out when a guy that has had zero reps with our playbook has to go out there with that line. Not really a recipe for success.

I almost wish we were saving him for next year because of this. I don't want him to get shellshocked a la Losman and Edwards.

methos4ever
12-22-2009, 10:47 AM
I almost wish we were saving him for next year because of this. I don't want him to get shellshocked a la Losman and Edwards.
If he was a FA I'd say just get Hamdan and run him out there for the final two, but I thought he was picked up...

Ron Burgundy
12-22-2009, 10:56 AM
Brian Brohm can most accurately be compared to John David Booty.

Big college numbers, young and may have some amount of talent, and at this point, good enough to be on somebody's practice squad.

Ingtar33
12-22-2009, 11:20 AM
FYI - every QB since kelly has had some kind of "kelly-like" quality. And we've never seen it.

i'm guessing Brohm ends up on the IR by next monday, Hamden comes back and beats the colts. Billszone.com/fanzone is innundated with "i knew hamden was the best of the bunch" "why don't we know who we have on the roster" and "sign him to $4MM a season for 5 years. let's lock him up now!"

so predictable it hurts.

no one who's watched Hamden play in preseason would ever believe this is remotely possible. he makes Ryan Fitzpatrick look accurate.