PDA

View Full Version : Byrd, Maybin, Nic Harris, Palmer, Steve Johnson, Hardy, Ellis

OpIv37
12-22-2009, 02:32 PM
I want to see heavy doses of these guys over the next couple of games.

If we lose, so what? These guys need experience and they need to audition. The guys we have aren't doing **** and the season is officially lost. We should still try to win, but we should try to win with these guys instead of the bums we've been using. Put them out there and hope for the best. At least it'll help define our direction during the off-season.

trapezeus
12-22-2009, 02:34 PM
too bad the AFC East was so bad and let us toil around as being a "potential playoff team" until week 15. Most of us knew this year was a waste. we should have treated it as development from the get go. Signing TO to bench hardy may have set us back another year on getting an adequate WR unit.

We have a number 2 receiver in Evans...and hardy doesn't seem to have the drive or talent to become a number 1. Where do we turn for a number 1? boldin?

OpIv37
12-22-2009, 02:39 PM
too bad the AFC East was so bad and let us toil around as being a "potential playoff team" until week 15. Most of us knew this year was a waste. we should have treated it as development from the get go. Signing TO to bench hardy may have set us back another year on getting an adequate WR unit.

We have a number 2 receiver in Evans...and hardy doesn't seem to have the drive or talent to become a number 1. Where do we turn for a number 1? boldin?

With the last minute OC change and changes on the OL, the FO basically treated this season as Training Camp 2010 from week 1. Like you said- too bad we were able to hang around by virtue of being in a weak division, and they never got to give these guys a chance.

Mahdi
12-22-2009, 02:40 PM
I want to see heavy doses of these guys over the next couple of games.

If we lose, so what? These guys need experience and they need to audition. The guys we have aren't doing **** and the season is officially lost. We should still try to win, but we should try to win with these guys instead of the bums we've been using. Put them out there and hope for the best. At least it'll help define our direction during the off-season.
Not going to happen.

Harris will play because of Scott's injury. Johnson will get 1 or 2 plays, Hardy wont even dress, Maybin will play on special teams with Palmer (actually it might be Palmer that plays for Scott) and Ellis will also not dress.

This is the M.O. of the Bills, they dont like playing the young guys unless they absolutely have to and it has cost players their development such as Stevie and Hardy.

Playing Scott as a LB rather than giving Harris or Palmer a chance is a joke.

Constantly having Kelsay rush the passer on 3rd down with Maybin on the sidelines is an even bigger joke. Maybin is very one dimensional now so I dont completely disagree with it. But he isn't going to learn by watching Kelsay get stuffed every passing down.

The Juice Is Loose
12-22-2009, 02:56 PM
I JUST PRAY THAT WE CHANGE THIS YEAR!!!

NOT BETTING ON IT!

JUST PRAYING FOR IT!!

ddaryl
12-22-2009, 03:06 PM
I'm more then ready to see these guys get significant playing time...

let them get a big taste going into next years trainng camp and offseaosn workouts. Should be beneficial to them and the team in general to get them some playing time

Beastie Bills
12-22-2009, 03:49 PM
Unfortunately, we have an interim coach who is "coaching for his job". Even if he knows he won't get this job, he's auditioning for his next job.

What's best for Fewell is NOT what's best for the Bills. Playing our young guys, and preparing the team for next year is not in Fewell's best interest.

I hate the fact the Ralph meddles from time to time, but THIS is exactly the type of situation where the owner NEEDS to step in, and order the coach to play the young guys. Fewell obviously isn't going to do it unless he's ordered to. And there is nobody above him with the brains or balls to make him do it. This is what happens when NOBODY is in charge of this f'n organization.

Unreal.

YardRat
12-22-2009, 04:01 PM
Add Brohm to the list also.

mikemac2001
12-22-2009, 05:23 PM
Add Brohm to the list also.

at first i felt that way

but don't want to shock brohm's confidence by getting beat down with this oline in front of him

OpIv37
12-22-2009, 05:27 PM
at first i felt that way

but don't want to shock brohm's confidence by getting beat down with this oline in front of him

I'm worried about that too, but Edwards is on IR and Fitzy is dinged up so it's him or Hamdan.....

Coach Sal
12-22-2009, 05:44 PM
.... We should still try to win, but we should try to win with these guys instead of the bums we've been using.....

I agree.

Why not let these kids learn how to win together and be the precipitous to changing the culture of the organization?

As I've said to kids before (usually if they are getting in trouble):
"We've lost with you....we can lose without you."

I'd be excited to see some fresh blood in there and hopefully see them play well and with some enthusiasm. If we're going to go down, let's go down swinging with some young guys who show promise. Maybe they can even win?