Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those complaining about Maybin

.... I give you Andre Smith.

There were loads of fans wanting us to draft this fat slob if he fell to us and as the 6th pick overall he has been disastrous especially compared to Monroe who went 2 picks after him.

It just shows its not just the Bills who can miss in the 1st round
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: For those complaining about Maybin

I wanted Orakpo, so I can say what I want. :)

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

andre smith was suppose to fall after his failure to show at the combines, no?

point of anger at maybin isn't that busts can happen. it's that it almost always happens to us. Maybin seems to be a guy who doesn't care about the game and isn't a team player. i wonder why the fans have such a hard time connecting to the last couple years worth of teams.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by kernowboy

There were loads of fans wanting us to draft this fat slob if he fell to us and as the 6th pick overall he has been disastrous especially compared to Monroe who went 2 picks after him.

The fact that another team failed too doesn't give the Bills an excuse to fail. The reason mediocre to bad teams get high draft picks is because they are supposed to help them improve. Every time we miss on a pick like this, it just prolongs our mediocrity.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Feb 2009

Its not about who goes before us, only about who goes after

Oher, Orakpo...those were the 2 choices that most of us common-sense-havin folks expected.

Apparently the Bills should hire a message board as GM.

And Cincy is going to win their division. If we were in first place, I wouldn't ***** about Maybin.

Comment

• yordad
            • Dec 2007

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
            I wanted Orakpo, so I can say what I want. :)
            Ditto! And well said!
            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

You know, yesterday there was a thread about Poz and how he'd be better with a pass rush in front of him. And we all know the C2 depends on a strong pass rush for success.

Orakpo had 11 sacks.

Maybe, just maybe, if we had Orakpo's 11 sacks and consistent QB pressure, we'd have won some of these close games and we'd still be in the hunt.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Kenny
                • Aug 2004

I still like the Maybin pick. We've been spoiled with Byrd's performance, and let's face it... Orakpo isnt going to get any bigger. He's already grown into his frame.

Maybin is still young... 2 years younger than Orakpo. I dont see any reason why he cant put on another 25-30lbs of lean muscle mass. We all knew he was going to be a project. I still think he has alot more upside than Orakpo.

Comment

• Billz_fan
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Kenny
                  We all knew he was going to be a project.

This is the part I have always had a problem with. Who uses the #11 pick in the first round to draft a project ?

Terrible, terrible idea.
                  Last edited by Billz_fan; 12-22-2009, 03:00 PM.
                  The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Feb 2009

I still like the Maybin pick. We've been spoiled with Byrd's performance, and let's face it... Orakpo isnt going to get any bigger. He's already grown into his frame.

Maybin is still young... 2 years younger than Orakpo. I dont see any reason why he cant put on another 25-30lbs of lean muscle mass. We all knew he was going to be a project. I still think he has alot more upside than Orakpo.
                    really? you think the guy who got drafted for being quick will have more upside?

all he has to do is add ANOTHER 30 lbs? ah no problem i'll put on 30 lbs.

you don't think he's been trying for the last year to put on weight?

c'mon man. to say that you think a guy who's 30lbs undersized for his position has more upside than a guy who is grown into the right frame for his position, and is CURRENTLY EXCELLING AT THE NFL LEVEL is just rediculous.

thats like saying brohm has more upside than matt ryan.

Comment

• ddaryl
                      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                      • Jan 2005

Well Cincinnatti has made thier share of piss poor 1st rd picks over the years, no doubt about that

but for the record I wanted Oher at #11 over Andre Smith by a country mile

Comment

• ddaryl
                        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                        • Jan 2005

So basically you think its ok to pay a player millions for a few years while he gets up to size to be able to play the position he was drafted to play.

You also seem ok with the fact that we drafted a project on a team that is desperate for an immediate impact... Orakpo would have provided that immediate impact. maybin barely sees the field

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

why would Orakpo need to get bigger? He's already the prototypical size for his position and he's already able to get 11 sacks (and counting) at that size.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                            • Apr 2005

disastrous? he was put on IR two games into the season when he broke his leg....how can you judge what he can do?

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                              • Apr 2005

im sorry it was his foot he fractured, and he has yet to actually play a game (happend right before opening weekend)...so what exactly are we basing his skill level on? I wanted andre smith or orakpo. i still would do back flips if we had andre smith. people who didnt want andre smith obviously dont watch college football. he was more dominant than dbrickashaw ferguson when he came out, and more than jason smith who went number 2 overall.

Comment

Working...
                              X