PDA

View Full Version : Do you want Brohm to start this week?

Beastie Bills
12-23-2009, 07:45 AM
I keep going back and forth on this. Part of me want to see what the kid can do. He has a lot of potential, and I'm really excited about it. But another part of me is afraid that he'll have a terrible game, because he has no protection, and it will hurt his confidence. Granted, if that's all it takes to hurt his confidence, then I don't want him anyway. But still, I don't want him to get mentally shaken in a meaningless game. I also don't want him to get murdered because our OLine can't block anybody.

So, do you want him to start, or not?

http://www.thesportstruth.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/11/brian_brohm.jpg

homeslice5484
12-23-2009, 08:16 AM
He cant be any worse...and regardless what happens I want him to get some experience.

Beastie Bills
12-23-2009, 08:18 AM
He cant be any worse...and regardless what happens I want him to get some experience.

He DEFINITELY can't be any worse than what we've had. I don't have a problem with a young QB making mistakes/throwing picks. My problem is when a QB refuses to throw the ball, and take any chances. So that's not my worry with Brohm. Like I said, I'm just worried about him getting hurt/shell-shocked.

homeslice5484
12-23-2009, 08:20 AM
I think this will say a lot about him as a player and his mental state. He is thrown into the fire, can he handle it? Regardless of stats, can he be a leader and beat a blitz with some quick slants.

PECKERWOOD
12-23-2009, 08:27 AM
Nope, I don't want him in Buffalo to be honest, unless he stays as our 3rd stringer. Brohm won't be any better than Fitzpatrick, actually, I'll bet 1,000 ZBS that he will be considerably worst than him.

Beastie Bills
12-23-2009, 08:32 AM
Nope, I don't want him in Buffalo to be honest, unless he stays as our 3rd stringer. Brohm won't be any better than Fitzpatrick, actually, I'll bet 1,000 ZBS that he will be considerably worst than him.

Really, why do you think that he'll be worse?

I'm not disagreeing with you or anything. I'm really just curious as to why you think he'd be worse. I mean, the obvious reason is because he's not prepared yet, and hasn't learned our so-called Offense. But long term, I think he at least has the potential to be better than Trent/Fitz (which isn't saying much, I know).

trapezeus
12-23-2009, 08:33 AM

how are you ranking worse? it's hard to get worse than back to back games under 100 yards throwing with one game against one of the worst secondary's in the league.

You also don't see a lot of NFL QB's take quite as long to load up an out pass as Fitz.

But i'm sure someone could get worse QB ratings and such.

PECKERWOOD
12-23-2009, 08:37 AM
Really, why do you think that he'll be worse?

I'm not disagreeing with you or anything. I'm really just curious as to why you think he'd be worse. I mean, the obvious reason is because he's not prepared yet, and hasn't learned our so-called Offense. But long term, I think he at least has the potential to be better than Trent/Fitz (which isn't saying much, I know).

Well, he hasn't had much time to learn the offense, I expect our offense to be even more vanilla than what it has been. Plus, Flynn beat him out in Green Bay as the 2nd string quarterback, that say's a lot when you consider that Green Bay spent a 2nd round pick on this guy. You don't give up on 2nd round picks that fast unless something is seriously screwed up with them, I think we're going to be wishing that Fitzpatrick was back out there by the end of the game.

christhebillsfan783
12-23-2009, 08:37 AM
All i've got to say is "Throw the Brohm!"

yordad
12-23-2009, 08:53 AM
Nope, I don't want him in Buffalo to be honest, unless he stays as our 3rd stringer. Brohm won't be any better than Fitzpatrick, actually, I'll bet 1,000 ZBS that he will be considerably worst than him.1000 zbs? Define "worse".

The Juice Is Loose
12-23-2009, 08:58 AM

nothing like statements based on absolutely nothing. gotta love em.

trapezeus
12-23-2009, 09:02 AM
i have no expectation for Brohm, but i'm curious on the metric to measure worse like yordad. i think it's possible for brohm to be an utter disappointment but play better than fitz

PECKERWOOD
12-23-2009, 09:02 AM
nothing like statements based on absolutely nothing. gotta love em.

Yeah, like this little gem you posted here? Green Bay cutting a 2nd round pick is based on nothing? Do you live in a crack house?

PECKERWOOD
12-23-2009, 09:06 AM
1000 zbs? Define "worse".

Meaning, I think we're going to see absolute blowouts, it won't even be close.

The Juice Is Loose
12-23-2009, 09:08 AM
Yeah, like this little gem you posted here? Green Bay cutting a 2nd round pick is based on nothing? Do you live in a crack house?

Dude, you projected a QB who hasn't played a snap in the NFL to be worse than Ryan Fitzpatrick. That is based on nothing.

You've never even seen Brohm play, unless it was at Louisville, where he was the 2nd rated QB in his draft.

Based on nothing.

trapezeus
12-23-2009, 09:08 AM

they matched the offer to keep him, but he chose to leave. don't revise what actually happened.

And i want the stats that you are going to use for these two games to define how brohm is worse than fitz. Yordad and I are very curious. you are so sure that it's an easy 1,000zbs, but it out there.

at the very least the 3 of us could get some mild level of entertianment from watching these two games.

yordad
12-23-2009, 09:09 AM
Yeah, like this little gem you posted here? Green Bay cutting a 2nd round pick is based on nothing? Do you live in a crack house?They tried to re-sign him, and you don't know why any more then anyone else. You are assuming. Greenbay has made errors in the QB decision making in the past.

BTW, a guy from Cleveland no one has ever heard of ran for like 296 yards last weekend.

The Juice Is Loose
12-23-2009, 09:11 AM
they matched the offer to keep him, but he chose to leave. don't revise what actually happened.

And i want the stats that you are going to use for these two games to define how brohm is worse than fitz. Yordad and I are very curious. you are so sure that it's an easy 1,000zbs, but it out there.

at the very least the 3 of us could get some mild level of entertianment from watching these two games.

I want in on the bet. Because if you consider that Fitz threw for 80 yards against the ******* Chiefs, if Brohm throws for 40 against Atlanta, I'd call that better.

PECKERWOOD
12-23-2009, 09:12 AM
Dude, you projected a QB who hasn't played a snap in the NFL to be worse than Ryan Fitzpatrick. That is based on nothing.

You've never even seen Brohm play, unless it was at Louisville, where he was the 2nd rated QB in his draft.

Based on nothing.

Really?? Rated better than Flacco? You sure about that?

PECKERWOOD
12-23-2009, 09:15 AM

Brohm won't throw for more than one touchdown and won't throw for more than 200 yards. I'm giving myself some room for error, I'd be surprised if Brohm threw for 200 yards and 1 TD, but I bet he comes up far short of that mark.

ParanoidAndroid
12-23-2009, 09:17 AM
He's going to get beat up and he WILL have a sack/fumble.... at least one. If he plays, he should seriously sling it all over the place and take chance after chance. I don't care if he has 5 picks.....as long as after that 5th pick, he is still throwing it out there.

Ground Chuck
12-23-2009, 09:24 AM
It's a shame the Raiders signed JP. Don't get me wrong, he blows, but at least he'd try to gun the ball down the field to TO

The Juice Is Loose
12-23-2009, 09:28 AM
Brohm won't throw for more than one touchdown and won't throw for more than 200 yards. I'm giving myself some room for error, I'd be surprised if Brohm threw for 200 yards and 1 TD, but I bet he comes up far short of that mark.

there goes the back pedaling.

you said that BRIAN BROHM would be worse than RYAN FITZPATRICK.

The Juice Is Loose
12-23-2009, 09:29 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IxC2WrG8cuQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IxC2WrG8cuQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

PECKERWOOD
12-23-2009, 09:42 AM
there goes the back pedaling.

you said that BRIAN BROHM would be worse than RYAN FITZPATRICK.

Once again, you live in a crack house.

http://www.nfl.com/players/ryanfitzpatrick/gamelogs?id=FIT792915

Fitz threw for 297 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT against Jacksonville.

Against Miami he threw for 246 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT along with a rushing TD.

Yet, asking Brohm to throw for 200 yards and a TD is too much to ask for? Smoke another bong.

trapezeus
12-23-2009, 09:45 AM

Well it seems that Fitz over 9 games this year (including preseason) is averaging 140 yards a game with less than 1 td a game and just over 1 INT a game.

So i believe if Brohm throws for 150, 0TD and 1INT, he'll have played a better game. fitz had a 55% completion percentage and a QB rating of 63.3.

So unless The Juice is Loose or Yordad have objections, let's pick 3 of these 5. since TD and INT's can be so random, let's go for total yardage set at 150, completion percentage set at 55% and QB rating of 63.3. If brohm does above this, which all of us agree still isn't great, will be considered better than fitz. if below, he'll have done worse.

And he must do better in at least 2 of the 3 categories for us to win and he must do at least worse in 2 of the 3 for you to win. Fair enough? This will all be based solely on the Atlanta game?

The Juice Is Loose
12-23-2009, 09:47 AM
Once again, you live in a crack house.

http://www.nfl.com/players/ryanfitzpatrick/gamelogs?id=FIT792915

Fitz threw for 297 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT against Jacksonville.

Against Miami he threw for 246 yards, 1 TD and 1 INT along with a rushing TD.

Yet, asking Brohm to throw for 200 yards and a TD is too much to ask for? Smoke another bong.

Fitz threw for 98 yards and 1 td on one lucky play. take that away and he had 198, 0TD, 2INT.

Here is Fitzpatrick's per game averages:

55% completions, 158 yards per game. 0.75 TD's per game. 1.25 INT per game

So the standard that you set is that Brohm will complete less than 55%, he'll throw for less than .75 TD's, and he'll throw more than 1.25 picks.

That's what you said.

And yes I will gladly smoke another bong.

BTW, I didn't insult you at all. Its called a debate. I keep it polite, why not anybody else?

PECKERWOOD
12-23-2009, 09:53 AM
First off, he didn't start all 9 of those games, he started 7 of those games. Secondly, projected stats from one game are too easily inflatable. If you took Fitz's best game of 297 yards passing and projected it through a whole season his total passing would be 4,752 yards. Brohm won't beat Fitz's best games this season, you know it and I know it, so let's cut to the chase. I was in right in my saying so that Fitzpatrick is a better option than Brian Brohm is.

Beastie Bills
12-23-2009, 09:59 AM
First off, he didn't start all 9 of those games, he started 7 of those games. Secondly, projected stats from one game are too easily inflatable. If you took Fitz's best game of 297 yards passing and projected it through a whole season his total passing would be 4,752 yards. Brohm won't beat Fitz's best games this season, you know it and I know it, so let's cut to the chase. I was in right in my saying so that Fitzpatrick is a better option than Brian Brohm is.

Well, saying that Brohm won't beat Fitz's best games is very different than saying he won't play better than Fitz.

And you can't take somebody's best game and project it through a whole season. That's no different than taking their worst game (71 yards), and projecting it through a whole season (1136 yards).

The Juice Is Loose
12-23-2009, 10:01 AM

Dude, you ignored the argument. Nobody is saying that Brohm will beat Fitzpatricks best game. Which was based off mainly one play.

You said definitively that you "Would only want Brohm in Buffalo as a 3rd stringer"

You said this without seeing him throw one pass since college. Which was why I said you base that statement on nothing.

You said Fitzpatrick, who couldn't throw for 100 yards against the Chiefs. (Jerome Harrison just RAN for almost 300 on that same team this past week)...was better than Brohm.

So we presented you with Fitzpatrick's averages. His averages are INFLATED because he got that one good game against Jax, plus he got to play KC. Atlanta is much better than KC.

But even still, rather than saying Brohm will do better against Atlanta than Fitz did against KC, we gave you the ADVANTAGE of working with Fitzpatricks average. His average is 55% completion, .75tdpg and 1.25 intpg.

Now your saying something about 4500 yards?!?! Who the hell is talking about 4500 yards? All we're saying is that to do better than 150 yards per game wouldn't take much. And thats what Fitzpatrick averages.

HELLO?!??!

Beastie Bills
12-23-2009, 10:05 AM
Fitzpatrick's career numbers are nearly identical to his 2009 season numbers.

Career:

Yards per Game - Completion % - Rating
141 - 57.5% - 65.8

Career in Buffalo:

Yards per Game - Completion % - Rating
140.8 - 55% - 63.3

I'll bet all of my 945 zonebucks that Brohm exceeds 2/3 of those numbers for the season, providing he starts both of the next two games.

The Juice Is Loose
12-23-2009, 10:09 AM
Not only that but I dont see how you could have watched Fitzpatrick play and not expect just about every NFL qb to play better. The guy is not accurate. His only asset is his mobility.

I expect 200 yards. 2 tds 2 picks.

PECKERWOOD
12-23-2009, 10:12 AM
This whole debate is about those who claim Brohm to be a better option than Fitzpatrick, which can't be proven by Brohm surpassing Fitz's career average in one game. By that same mindset, Fitzpatrick is better than himself because he has beaten his career average several times already this year.

PECKERWOOD
12-23-2009, 10:13 AM
Not only that but I dont see how you could have watched Fitzpatrick play and not expect just about every NFL qb to play better. The guy is not accurate. His only asset is his mobility.

I expect 200 yards. 2 tds 2 picks.

I bet you 2,000 ZBs that he throws for less than 200 yards and less than 2 touchdowns.

Syderick
12-23-2009, 10:16 AM
It'll take more then one game to decide on Brohm. Whether he has a good game or not, you'll have to see how consistent he is.

Beastie Bills
12-23-2009, 10:21 AM
It'll take more then one game to decide on Brohm. Whether he has a good game or not, you'll have to see how consistent he is.

I wouldn't expect him to be very consistent at all, in these final two games. He's only been here for a month, and our offense is a joke.

I just want to see some potential. I could care less if he throws 3 INT's a game.

yordad
12-23-2009, 10:23 AM
This whole debate is about those who claim Brohm to be a better option than Fitzpatrick, which can't be proven by Brohm surpassing Fitz's career average in one game. By that same mindset, Fitzpatrick is better than himself because he has beaten his career average several times already this year.I am not all too sure that is actually the debate. I want Brohm to start so he can be assessed, not because I necessarily believe he gives them the best chance to win.

HEY TYPO AND GRIFF, I HOPE YOU DON'T MIND IF I OFFER A BET.

Peckerwood, how about Fitz's season YPA, YPG, and Passer rating VS Brohm's single game stats for these categories. 300 zbs per stat?

PECKERWOOD
12-23-2009, 10:32 AM
I am not all too sure that is actually the debate. I want Brohm to start so he can be assessed, not because I necessarily believe he gives them the best chance to win.

HEY TYPO AND GRIFF, I HOPE YOU DON'T MIND IF I OFFER A BET.

Peckerwood, how about Fitz's season YPA, YPG, and Passer rating VS Brohm's single game stats for these categories. 300 zbs per stat?
Perhaps, but let me see if I can milk some easy ZBs out of Juice first.

That's what sparked the whole thing, btw.

Your bet is appealing to me and I'm going to take it if Juice chickens out.

Ed
12-23-2009, 10:37 AM
I want Brohm to start this week because it's the only thing that would make these last 2 games interesting and exciting. I don't expect much, and I don't think we'll be able to fairly conclude anything from it, but at this point starting anyone else is just a waste.

trapezeus
12-23-2009, 11:04 AM
pecks, the 9 game average is what he averages per game. AVERAGES PER GAME. so if Brohm throws for over 150 yards and has better than 55% completion percentage and higher than a 63 rating in one game, it is an apples to apples comparison. And if you do it over 2 games, his averages should hold true.

true there is more data on fitz, but it cements that he is what his average suggests he is.

The argument by you is that without doubt Brohm will be worse than Fitz. If that's the case, you have to set it at the terms above.

how did you move to 200 yards and NOW 2 TD? the market in this thread won't bear those terms. Either stand by your conviction and set a real stat line like yordad put down or i presented, or your all talk.

The Juice Is Loose
12-23-2009, 11:09 AM
I only said 200 and 2 because I was a fan of Brohm when he was in college.

I'll bet all the ZB's I have that he beats Fitz's averages. That's what we're talking about.

55% 150 yards. 0.75td 1.25picks

PECKERWOOD
12-23-2009, 12:02 PM

I'll bet all the ZB's I have that he beats Fitz's averages. That's what we're talking about.

Wait, what were you saying about back peddling? Ugh...

PECKERWOOD
12-23-2009, 12:05 PM
pecks, the 9 game average is what he averages per game. AVERAGES PER GAME. so if Brohm throws for over 150 yards and has better than 55% completion percentage and higher than a 63 rating in one game, it is an apples to apples comparison. And if you do it over 2 games, his averages should hold true.

true there is more data on fitz, but it cements that he is what his average suggests he is.

The argument by you is that without doubt Brohm will be worse than Fitz. If that's the case, you have to set it at the terms above.

how did you move to 200 yards and NOW 2 TD? the market in this thread won't bear those terms. Either stand by your conviction and set a real stat line like yordad put down or i presented, or your all talk.

I'm all talk? I said he wouldn't beat Fitz's best games from this year, actually, I bet that he wouldn't garner 66% of the production from Fitz's best game. (297 yards.. 2/3rds of that is 200 yards passing) If you want to bet off of averages, you've got a shot at winning the bet, but be real, that doesn't make him better, nowhere even close.

I'll lower it further, Brohm doesn't pass for more than 170 yards and a TD.

The Juice Is Loose
12-23-2009, 12:06 PM
Wait, what were you saying about back peddling? Ugh...

dude, when did i say i wanted to bet on 200 and 2? i said i think he can do it.

saying i'm willing to think something can happen is different than saying i'm willing to bet on something happen.

so, no, there was no back peddling.

your the one who thinks fitzpatrick is better than brohm. i'm saying your wrong.

place the bet sucka. your the one who said he couldn't do better than fitz and shouldn't be higher than 3rd string.

PECKERWOOD
12-23-2009, 12:09 PM
dude, when did i say i wanted to bet on 200 and 2? i said i think he can do it.

saying i'm willing to think something can happen is different than saying i'm willing to bet on something happen.

so, no, there was no back peddling.

your the one who thinks fitzpatrick is better than brohm. i'm saying your wrong.

place the bet sucka. your the one who said he couldn't do better than fitz and shouldn't be higher than 3rd string.

Place the bet sucka? lol??

Wow, you really do live in a crack house, don't you? Why would you make a prediction that you won't backup? After all, it's just fake ZBs. If you want to talk smack, then back it up, don't act like a spoiled little infant by going back on your word.

Do you believe he will pass for 200 yards and 2 TDs or don't you? You can't have it both ways.

trapezeus
12-23-2009, 01:29 PM
I'm all talk? I said he wouldn't beat Fitz's best games from this year, actually, I bet that he wouldn't garner 66% of the production from Fitz's best game. (297 yards.. 2/3rds of that is 200 yards passing) If you want to bet off of averages, you've got a shot at winning the bet, but be real, that doesn't make him better, nowhere even close.

I'll lower it further, Brohm doesn't pass for more than 170 yards and a TD.

but in the world of common sense, why would anyone bet an untested player to match the best playof a player in his first game.

You said he would play worse than Fitz. Fitz average speaks to who is over a history of games. So if you are claiming brohm will be worse, then compare it to his average and not fitz's best game.

You and i are in agreement that Brohm probably isn't the answer, but i think he'll do better than fitz. Edwards, statistically speaking, did better than fitz. I think brohm can do better than fitz but still be a disappointment.

So the bet has to stand on the average of Fitz play over 9 games, that actually takes into account his two anonmoly games.

You're argument above is not the same you made at the beginning of this thread. that's where you are backpeddling. you are saying that brohm will suck because he was a PS in greenbay and be worse than fitz. But then when it comes to giving a bet equal to the terms of your sentence, you inflate it to 200 yards plus 2 touchdowns or 170 yards and 1 touchdown. That's still more than what fitz produces on AVERAGE.

Put it at 150 yards, 55% and 63.8 QB rating. That's the fair, even line for a bet. 2 of 3 for either of us to be a winner. That's the obviously bet.

Ingtar33
12-23-2009, 01:35 PM

really? I'll take this bet. what do you want to use as the metric? QBR? Completion %? and what is "significantly worse"?

Fitzpatrick has a 63.3 QBR and a 55% completion percentage. How much worse can it get then this?

Tell you what. i'll give you 1000 ZBs if Brohm throws for less then a 55 QBR, you give me 1000 if he throws better then that. 55 is 20 points higher then Fitzpatrick's single game worse QBR this year... so i don't see an issue with it.

sound fair?

trapezeus
12-23-2009, 01:45 PM
really? I'll take this bet. what do you want to use as the metric? QBR? Completion %? and what is "significantly worse"?

Fitzpatrick has a 63.3 QBR and a 55% completion percentage. How much worse can it get then this?

Tell you what. i'll give you 1000 ZBs if Brohm throws for less then a 55 QBR, you give me 1000 if he throws better then that. 55 is 20 points higher then Fitzpatrick's single game worse QBR this year... so i don't see an issue with it.

sound fair?

Ingtar, pecks likes to throw out bold comments like his initial comment that brohm will play worse but then will make equally bold comments that the line should be set at fitz' best games played.

don't use your magical logic and common sense. Pecks doesn't understand that.

The King
12-23-2009, 01:46 PM
Nope, I don't want him in Buffalo to be honest, unless he stays as our 3rd stringer. Brohm won't be any better than Fitzpatrick, actually, I'll bet 1,000 ZBS that he will be considerably worst than him.I'll take this bet.

Ground Chuck
12-23-2009, 01:50 PM
Brohm will be better because the game is indoors against a crappy Atlanta secondary. That also assumes that he won't get killed by John Abraham too early in the game

yordad
12-23-2009, 01:54 PM
Hey! Trap and I are first in line for this bet!

PECKERWOOD
12-27-2009, 03:54 PM
This is worth bumping.

Mr. Pink
12-27-2009, 04:00 PM
This is worth bumping.

If there was a bet, looks like you won.

:rofl:

Beastie Bills
12-27-2009, 04:02 PM
Ok, so Fitzpatrick's career stats in Buffalo are:

140.8 yards per game, 55% completions, and 63.3 QB Rating

So far, Brohm's career stats in Buffalo are:

146 yards per game, 58% completions, and a 42.2 QB Rating.

So I'm right on track for my prediction that he'd beat Fitz in two out of those three categories.

Beastie Bills
12-27-2009, 04:02 PM
If there was a bet, looks like you won.

:rofl:

There wasn't. He wouldn't accept any of the bets, but he did try to make up his own bets (like Brohm outplaying the best game of Fitz's career).

yordad
12-27-2009, 04:04 PM
This is worth bumping.Why? It was basically a wash, you declined to bet, and I personally think he looked better then what we've been seeing.

Mr. Pink
12-27-2009, 04:06 PM
I have 666 ZBs right now...I will bet all of them that Brohm never throws a TD pass as a member of the Buffalo Bills in a regular season game.

Any takers?

Beastie Bills
12-27-2009, 04:08 PM
I have 666 ZBs right now...I will bet all of them that Brohm never throws a TD pass as a member of the Buffalo Bills in a regular season game.

Any takers?

I'll take that.

Mr. Pink
12-27-2009, 04:12 PM
I'll take that.

Like I said, never, which means I don't win the bet until he is no longer a member of the Buffalo Bills.

If he does somehow manage to have a roster spot here next year.

PECKERWOOD
12-27-2009, 04:12 PM

Any takers?

Well, I think you could actually win some ZBs off that one.

PECKERWOOD
12-27-2009, 04:15 PM
Why? It was basically a wash, you declined to bet, and I personally think he looked better then what we've been seeing.

58% 146 yards 0 TDs 2 INTs

Should've taken this bet, but the ones I offered were fair. The whole conflict arose when I said that Brohm would be considerably worst than Fitz and I stand behind that statement completely.

HHURRICANE
12-27-2009, 04:23 PM
I want to see Koplinfenstein!!

kernowboy
12-27-2009, 04:28 PM
Brohm wasn't 'considerably' worse though

PECKERWOOD
12-27-2009, 04:40 PM
Brohm wasn't 'considerably' worse though

He showed nowhere near the same amount of moxie that Fitz showed, not to mention his stats failed in comparison to Fitz's. After all, Fitz did have a 300 yard passing game this year, that should count for something, his ceiling is still higher than Brohm's at this point.

kernowboy
12-27-2009, 04:43 PM
He showed nowhere near the same amount of moxie that Fitz showed, not to mention his stats failed in comparison to Fitz's. After all, Fitz did have a 300 yard passing game this year, that should count for something, his ceiling is still higher than Brohm's at this point.

How many games has Fitz had to have a 300yds game? Fitz also has considerably more experience both with the Rams and the Bengals.

No wonder we have no QB here when we throw a rookie under the bus after his first game

Mr. Pink
12-27-2009, 04:45 PM
Fitz actually threw for 300 yards in his first NFL start. Not that it matters. He still sucks.

The upside of any of our QBs is about the height of one of the munchkins in the lollipop guild.

kernowboy
12-27-2009, 04:46 PM
And at the Rams he had the great Orlando Pace guarding his blindside ... Brohm had .... Aaron Ramsey

PECKERWOOD
12-27-2009, 04:47 PM
How many games has Fitz had to have a 300yds game? Fitz also has considerably more experience both with the Rams and the Bengals.

No wonder we have no QB here when we throw a rookie under the bus after his first game

Fitz has more experience and he is better at this point in time than Brohm is, which is why he is a better option as our backup QB. Once again, we will have a new starter at QB next year and it should be Fitz who backs him up. (Bradford or Clausen :pray:)

kernowboy
12-27-2009, 04:53 PM
Fitz has more experience and he is better at this point in time than Brohm is, which is why he is a better option as our backup QB. Once again, we will have a new starter at QB next year and it should be Fitz who backs him up. (Bradford or Clausen :pray:)

Without a R1 LT, Okung or Bruce Campbell, Clausen or Bradford will be a) rubbish or b) on IR or c) both