PDA

View Full Version : Zone Exclusive: One Fan's View

northernbillfan
12-23-2009, 08:26 AM
This week's installment of OFV:

It is official. The Bills’ stretch of awfulness has ceased to be funny. There are no more metaphors of what the Bills are like. There are no more movies to quote. This “team” consists of a bunch of “hacks” pretending to “want” to “play” football for a town that deserves better. I do not have a single joke or humorous thing to say. Thank you, 2009 Buffalo Bills. You did what I secretly had wondered about for the last two years. “Will I get sick of the ineptness and find nothing to say about it?”

The last joke came on the first drive. I didn’t want to be excited to see this game, but it’s the Patriots. Those thieving bunch of cheaters dressed up as winners thanks to a tuck rule just boil my blood in unimaginable ways. I tried to not care and just accept that this would be another loss, but when I saw those uniforms and those fair-weather Boston fans in the stands, I wanted to win.

That opening drive looked so good. I even thought, “this is the best opening drive since week 2 against the Jaguars in 2008.” Then the punchline. On 3rd and goal, AVP decides to bring in a rookie lineman (so awful, that he hasn’t made the rotation in the 8 different variations posed by the Bills thus far) to play as an eligible receiver. The Bills were running for 4-6 yards a carry at that point using the 8th wonder of the Bills OL. They were running up the middle no less. What were they thinking on asking a rookie to jump in and be competent?

Full story (http://www.billszone.com/mtlog/archives/2009/12/23/one_fans_view_team_full_of_wanabes_and_hacks.php)