PDA

View Full Version : This is the most exciting time of 2009 for Bills fans!

The Juice Is Loose
12-23-2009, 09:35 AM
Friday is Christmas. After that, we're supposedly going to start interviewing for GM.

THEN, we get to see a NEW QB get a start against Atlanta, in Atlanta. Our team, unfortunately for us, is built well for indoor games. We usually play pretty good indoors, as long as its not in Canada.

Then the off season gets here. We can kiss Fewell and AVP and Turk and all those jabronies goodbye!

I'm excited to see what Brohm can do. I'm glad things are working out this way so we can see. Look at what Gradkowski did in Pittsburgh. If we go down to Atlanta and Brohm puts up a good game, it's going to leave a positive feeling heading into the off season.

It'll also give our new GM a better idea of what he has in his new, young, QB.

Let's not forget guys, when Brohm was rolling at Louisville he had that team up the top ranking in the country for a period of time. That's impact. Thats winning. I'm excited.

The Juice Is Loose
12-23-2009, 09:38 AM
I don't want to sit TO for Hardy, but I do want to sit Josh Reed for Hardy and Johnson. I want TO out there to give Brohm the best chance possible.

We all know that TO is still motivated to perform. He's a pro and he's working for his next contract.

Brohm, without a doubt, has the strongest arm to play here since JP. Maybe he'll hit Lee on a deep one?

We'll also get to see how Poz measures up to Atlanta's rookie MLB. We've had some debates on that this week. If Fred Jackson gets 150 yards, I'll be here right away asking where Atlantas superstar MLB was.

This has honestly been the worst season in my memory. I was on deployment overseas in 2001 so I didn't see that. In fact the only game I saw, we beat Jacksonville.

2009 didn't even have highlights. Usually, we put together a nice highlight reel at the end of the season with some kick returns and whatnot.

WHAT WAS THE BEST PLAY OF THE YEAR?!?!

McKelvin fumbling pretty much is my image of 2009.

WeAreArthurMoates
12-23-2009, 09:50 AM
Seriously I can't wait. Gonna be an exciting offseason as I expect many new faces. And yes I fully expect there NOT to be an uncapped year.

justasportsfan
12-23-2009, 10:17 AM
Ralph should make amends and beg Polian to come back

Beastie Bills
12-23-2009, 10:22 AM
Ralph should make amends and beg Polian to come back
I wish, but it'll never happen. I'm pretty sure Polian just got locked up long term by the Colts, and setup a succession plan for his son to take over. The Colts should be great for a long time....thanks to Ralph.

At least they're not in our division anymore.

Ground Chuck
12-23-2009, 10:24 AM
If Ralph hasn't made up with Cookie Gilchrist yet, I doubt he'll be making up with Polian any time soon

The Juice Is Loose
12-23-2009, 11:05 AM
I think we should follow the Vikings model of the last few years.

They hired Childress, a confident coordinator.

They went out and got Hutchinson and made sure their o line was strong. They signed Chester Taylor in the mean time. They went balls out for a d-end that they knew would be the man, and made sure their d tackles weighed 300lbs a piece and could play.

Only after that did they acquire Peterson, Berrian, Harvin and Rice.

They got Rosenfels this off season, and frankly, they'd probably still be winning their division with him, just not as convincingly. Favre came along, til now its worked out, but even with Rosenfels I'm confident this team would be winning their division.

That is how you build a team. My hat goes out to Wilf and Childress for ignoring the early criticism due to lack of "huge headline" players being added. Although Hutch and Allen were fairly high profile acquisitions. They stayed the course, played physical, with strong lines, and a strong running game.

Historian
12-23-2009, 11:10 AM
Our team, unfortunately for us, is built well for indoor games. We usually play pretty good indoors, as long as its not in Canada.

No we don't.

The Juice Is Loose
12-23-2009, 11:26 AM
No we don't.
Nice post historian. Very thought out.

We're a speed team with 3 warm weather QB's

Our RB played at Cal

We won at St Louis, almost beat Indy the last time we played there. We won our last trip to Houston. Actually our last 2 trips to houston. Other than at Arizona I feel that the last 5 years or so we've played better indoors than out.

We practice indoors, so it makes sense.