PDA

View Full Version : We currently pick 9th overall: Looking Ahead

baalworship
12-23-2009, 10:25 AM
The best I think we can do even with two losses to end the year is 8th. Chicago Bears pick is just ahead of us and they get Lions last game. That is the only team I can see us moving ahead of.

Beastie Bills
12-23-2009, 10:28 AM
The Raiders could win one more game. They play Cleveland and Baltimore.

baalworship
12-23-2009, 10:32 AM
Raiders currently pick 10th. Actually we need them to win because our opponents win percentage might go way up after we lose to the Colts.

Mahdi
12-23-2009, 10:42 AM
Raiders should win one more against Cleveland without Brady Quinn. Chicago hopefully beats Detroit. And if Washington beats Dallas then we would beat them also on strength of schedule.

Hopefully Seattle beats Tennessee at home who just lost both starting OLBs.

I hope we can get 6th overall.

Beastie Bills
12-23-2009, 10:45 AM
According to WalterFootball (http://walterfootball.com/nfldraftorder2010.php), we're picking 7th right now. That would be sweet, if true.

PECKERWOOD
12-23-2009, 10:54 AM
Well, I don't care where we pick per say, I'm just hoping we get either Clausen, Bradford or Mallett.

DrGraves
12-23-2009, 10:59 AM
Im starting to think drafting a QB would be dumb... unless we went out and fixed our D and O lines in FA (knowing ralph this is doubtful)....

no sense in putting a rookie behind that line no matter how much upset he may have. i say try to fix the line in the draft and make a push to bring in vick

The Juice Is Loose
12-23-2009, 11:00 AM
Well, I don't care where we pick per say, I'm just hoping we get either Clausen, Bradford or Mallett.

Mallet blows. Bradford has a bum throwing shoulder.

No thanks.

Clausen, I haven't watched him. But I think he's gonna suck. He looks like a pussy.

trapezeus
12-23-2009, 11:13 AM
if cleveland wins out and we lose out; won't we be tied at 5-11 and cleveland gets the tiebreaker? That'd be so tragic yet comical.

kernowboy
12-23-2009, 11:14 AM
The best I think we can do even with two losses to end the year is 8th. Chicago Bears pick is just ahead of us and they get Lions last game. That is the only team I can see us moving ahead of.

I think you'll find the Bears choice is with the Broncos will impact upon who they are interested in

kernowboy
12-23-2009, 11:16 AM

I disagree

Any QB with the protection our line gives him will quickly be on IR.

The new GM/Head Coach will realise this is a two year project which must begin at LT

PECKERWOOD
12-23-2009, 11:23 AM
I disagree

Any QB with the protection our line gives him will quickly be on IR.

The new GM/Head Coach will realise this is a two year project which must begin at LT

Worst comes to worst, our franchise QB will have to tough it out, but I'd be willing to pull an Atlanta move ala Matt Ryan and then trading back into the first for Sam Baker. In our case, Ryan Mallett then maybe a guy like Charles Brown.

Beastie Bills
12-23-2009, 11:24 AM
Worst comes to worst, our franchise QB will have to tough it out, ....
Seriously?

You think it's a good idea to have our rookie, franchise QB "tough it out" behind a porous OLine?

kernowboy
12-23-2009, 11:34 AM
We should go the best LT at our current spot

Have someone handle the reigns for season whilst they aclimatise and then draft a QB in 2011

Mallett and Charles Brown? A raw QB behind a weak LT strength wise? That has disaster written all over it.

PECKERWOOD
12-23-2009, 12:00 PM
Seriously?

You think it's a good idea to have our rookie, franchise QB "tough it out" behind a porous OLine?

It's better than taking another JP Losman in the late 1st or early 2nd and wasting yet another 3-4 years. Take the cream of the crop at QB and then make protection the next biggest priority, do whatever it takes.

Beastie Bills
12-23-2009, 12:41 PM
It's better than taking another JP Losman in the late 1st or early 2nd and wasting yet another 3-4 years. Take the cream of the crop at QB and then make protection the next biggest priority, do whatever it takes.

I don't want a QB in the late 1st / early 2nd either. I want a top-QB.....in 2011. If we don't build the OLine first, we're gonna end up with another JP / Trent no matter who we draft.

Build the lines this year, get our franchise QB in 2011. It's already been 10 years of misery. What's one more? The problem is that the organization has refused to truly rebuild over the last 8 years or so, even though it's been needed. That's why the turnaround is taking so long. They put a band-aid on one or two positions every year, but by next year, they have more holes to fill. We need a full-on rebuild here, and that starts with the OLine & DLine.

Ingtar33
12-23-2009, 12:45 PM

the bears don't have a 1st this year... that's Denver's pick.. thanks to their raping Chicago in the Cutler trade. (i was laughing so hard when i saw what Chicago gave up for Jeff George Jr... though of course Cutler is technically a worse QB then Jeff George so i am praising Cutler with that comparison)

Claussen in 2010
12-23-2009, 12:49 PM
if cleveland wins out and we lose out; won't we be tied at 5-11 and cleveland gets the tiebreaker? That'd be so tragic yet comical.

He may look goofy, but on the field he is as legit as they come. Looks the part with his size/strength and he can make all the throws. Natural leader who commanded one of the best offenses in the FBS this season. I hope he's available when we pick because he is the Carson Palmer/Eli Manning/Aaron Rodgers type of QB that we need.

PECKERWOOD
12-23-2009, 01:11 PM
I don't want a QB in the late 1st / early 2nd either. I want a top-QB.....in 2011. If we don't build the OLine first, we're gonna end up with another JP / Trent no matter who we draft.

Build the lines this year, get our franchise QB in 2011. It's already been 10 years of misery. What's one more? The problem is that the organization has refused to truly rebuild over the last 8 years or so, even though it's been needed. That's why the turnaround is taking so long. They put a band-aid on one or two positions every year, but by next year, they have more holes to fill. We need a full-on rebuild here, and that starts with the OLine & DLine.

I'm just saying, there is probably a 0% chance that we don't acquire a new QB somehow next year, there is no way. Trent burnt his bridges here, Fitzpatrick is a solid backup, Brohm couldn't convince me he is the answer at QB in a 2 game stretch. There will be a new QB in Buffalo, it just depends on how we want to go about it. Honestly? I'll put my chips on Bradford or Clausen, as said by many, the 2010 draft is pretty deep with tackles. Realistically, we could take Bradford with our 1st and then trade back up and take Charlie Brown. Clausen probably won't be there when we pick, but Bradford would have been the #1 overall pick in the 2009 draft had he declared. There you have it, a top prospect at QB for once and a solid left tackle. Our QB would be safe.

Beastie Bills
12-23-2009, 01:18 PM
I'm just saying, there is probably a 0% chance that we don't acquire a new QB somehow next year, there is no way. Trent burnt his bridges here, Fitzpatrick is a solid backup, Brohm couldn't convince me he is the answer at QB in a 2 game stretch. There will be a new QB in Buffalo, it just depends on how we want to go about it. Honestly? I'll put my chips on Bradford or Clausen, as said by many, the 2010 draft is pretty deep with tackles. Realistically, we could take Bradford with our 1st and then trade back up and take Charlie Brown. Clausen probably won't be there when we pick, but Bradford would have been the #1 overall pick in the 2009 draft had he declared. There you have it, a top prospect at QB for once and a solid left tackle. Our QB would be safe.

If we were to do that, then I'd want to sit the QB for most of the year. It will take a while for the line to "gel", and I wouldn't want a rookie QB to get killed in the mean time.

And I'm honestly not thrilled about any of the top QB's this year. I like Clausen, but he'll probably be gone, as you said. I'd rather give the OLine a year to come together, and draft Locker in 2011.

baalworship
12-23-2009, 02:23 PM
The Chicago Bears pick belongs to Denver and is currently the one ahead of us. Regardless, the Chicago Bears record will determine where the Broncos first pick winds up.

I don't see a realistic path to 6th. My money is on 8th if we lose last 2.

Walter Football is wrong. Look at Seattle and Chicago's record. They both have a lower opponent winning percentage therefore they pick ahead of us now.

http://www.gbnreport.com/weeklydraftorder.html

TacklingDummy
12-23-2009, 03:00 PM
How's that meaningless KC win effecting the Bills draft position?

Beastie Bills
12-23-2009, 03:04 PM
How's that meaningless KC win effecting the Bills draft position?

could end up costing us two spots.

yordad
12-23-2009, 07:43 PM
A new coach might think Bell could still develop.

DrGraves
12-23-2009, 10:06 PM
My stance on the draft has officially become: "I don't care what position we draft in nor who is available at that spot. I have no confidence that this organization will do anything but pick a bust."

yordad
12-23-2009, 10:11 PM
It is as least possible to pick as high as 6th, and maybe even 4th.