PDA

View Full Version : DraftBoy's Mock Draft v1.0

DraftBoy
12-23-2009, 11:13 AM
Somebody *****ed at me through a PM that I hadn't posted a mock in a while so here is a quick one to chew on.

Two things to keep in mind;
1. This is not an accurate draft order exactly, its simply ESPN's NFL standings reversed. I dont have the time to work out the tie breakers or search for it today.
2. The only juniors Im using are those that have officially declared so far. You can find the current list here at the Billszone; http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=184178

So here is my current mock;

1. St. Louis-DT Ndakumong Suh, Nebraska
2. Detroit-OT Russell Okung, Oklahoma State
3. Tampa Bay-WR Dez Bryant-Oklahoma State
4. Kansas City-QB Jimmy Clausen-Notre Dame
5. Cleveland-RB CJ Spiller-Clemson
6. Washington-QB Sam Bradford-Oklahoma
7. Buffalo-DT Gerald McCoy-Oklahoma
8. Oakland-OT Bruce Campbell-Maryland
9. Seattle-FS Taylor Mays-USC
10. Chicago-WR Golden Tate-Notre Dame
11. San Francisco-DE Arthur Jones-Syracuse
12. Carolina-WR Brandon LaFell-LSU
13. Houston-OT Charles Brown-USC
14. NY Jets-DE Greg Hardy-Ole Miss
15. Tennessee-LB Brandon Spikes-Florida
16. Jacksonville-WR Arrelious Benn-Illinois
17. Atlanta-LB Sean Weatherspoon-Missouri
18. Miami-WR Damain Williams-USC
19. Pittsburgh-OT Anthony Davis-Rutgers
20. NY Giants-OT Selvish Capers-West Virginia
21. Denver-CB Trevard Lindley-Kentucky
22. Baltimore-WR Mardy Gilyard-Cincy
23. Arizona-QB Tony Pike-Cincy
24. Dallas-LB Jerry Hughes-TCU
25. Cincinnati-WR Erick Decker, Minnesota
26. Green Bay-OT Ciron Black, LSU
27. New England-RB Ryan Matthews-Fresno State
28. Philadelphia-OG Mike Johnson, Alabama
29. San Diego-LB Rick Sapp-Clemson
30. Minnesota-LB Eric Norwood-South Carolina
31. New Orleans-CB Kyle Wilson-Boise State
32. Indianapolis-RB Ben Tate-Auburn

k-oneputt
12-23-2009, 11:21 AM
KC is not taking a qb. To much money wrapped up in Cassel.

The Juice Is Loose
12-23-2009, 11:21 AM
Didnt KC just pay Cassel a gazillion dollars? That's one and done?

IDK about Spiller to Cleveland. Holmgren's first pick a RB? After Harrison has done what he's done?

k-oneputt
12-23-2009, 11:22 AM
Way to high for A. Jones.

Thought you told me Benn wasn't going in the 1st. rd. ?

Beastie Bills
12-23-2009, 11:23 AM

IDK about Spiller to Cleveland. Holmgren's first pick a RB? After Harrison has done what he's done?
Yeah, there is no way KC takes a QB in the 1st. No chance.

And I agree on Harrison. I bet Cleveland takes a RB later in the draft, but not first round.

k-oneputt
12-23-2009, 11:24 AM
Pike, Decker, Tate all 1st rd. Nope.

RockStar36
12-23-2009, 11:26 AM

Harrison has 2 100+ yard games in four years, one of them being the big game last week.

If this mock draft was posted before this past Sunday, would you be saying the same thing?

Highly doubtful. Don't let one huge game fool you.

PECKERWOOD
12-23-2009, 11:27 AM
Where did Rolando McClain go? I don't think Gilyard is a 1st rounder, maybe a late 2nd, way too early for him. I also bet you that Spikes and Hardy fall to the 2nd round.

The Juice Is Loose
12-23-2009, 11:29 AM
Harrison has 2 100+ yard games in four years, one of them being the big game last week.

If this mock draft was posted before this past Sunday, would you be saying the same thing?

Highly doubtful. Don't let one huge game fool you.

I've been following Harrison for 2 years. The guy has been given very little opportunity and when he's had it, he's played well.

Keep in mind, he's played well, ON THE BROWNS.

He and Cribbs are their only 2 breakaway players, and u think they're going to draft CJ SPILLER in the TOP 10?!?! LOL.

The Browns are going to draft a physical player R1. Bank it. LB, DL, OL. Maybe a SS.

Ebenezer
12-23-2009, 11:29 AM
Right now there is no cap in 2010...KC could take a QB and let him ride the pines for a year or two like Rodgers did in GB. That worked out very well.

I don't think Cleveland will go with an RB either but not because of Harrison. I'm starting to think RBs will never go that high again.

I could live with that draft....right now.

The Juice Is Loose
12-23-2009, 11:30 AM
Where did Rolando McClain go? I don't think Gilyard is a 1st rounder, maybe a late 2nd, way too early for him. I also bet you that Spikes and Hardy fall to the 2nd round.

How would we all like Spikes as a 2nd round selection?

I'd love it. However if we took McCoy in the 1st I'd feel like we owed it to our offense to spend some high picks there.

After all, we're losing cuz we can't score.

kernowboy
12-23-2009, 11:31 AM
I think because DraftBoy has only included juniors who have declared he has made some huge reaches.

When all the juniors declare this will not be close to the draft. Still here are some huge reaches like Spiller, A Jones

Prov401
12-23-2009, 11:35 AM
I'd be happy with Gerald McCoy.

Yasgur's Farm
12-23-2009, 11:50 AM
I like McCoy as well.

PECKERWOOD
12-23-2009, 11:52 AM
Ok, couple other things I noticed other than individual player predictions:

1.) St. Louis needs a QB more than a DT, they've already invested big money into their defensive line with Carriker and Long.

2.) Backus has been pretty good for the Lions, Berry, Suh or McCoy would be a better selection for them.

3.) TB - They'll probably take whoever is left from Berry, Suh or McCoy.

4.) Kansas City won't give up on Cassel after one year, they need a left tackle for his blindside, Okung would make sense here.

5.) I don't see how you can justify taking McCoy over a left tackle when we have Demetrius Bell starting for us, IDK.

--

I did like the Golden Tate surprise, he belongs in the top half of the 1st round, glad to see Walterfootball did not fool you.

paladin warrior
12-23-2009, 11:56 AM
I would like Buffalo Bills take QB. Never know that T.Edward will knockout his head:stretcher and maybe he is done his carrer.

tampabay25690
12-23-2009, 12:09 PM
WOW DB surprising mock draft by you...

PECKERWOOD
12-23-2009, 12:12 PM
How would we all like Spikes as a 2nd round selection?

I'd love it. However if we took McCoy in the 1st I'd feel like we owed it to our offense to spend some high picks there.

After all, we're losing cuz we can't score.

He reminds me of a former Bill and a current Bill, Jeff Posey & Paul Posluszny. I could see him bringing similar production and a similar style if you were to play him at either outside (Posey) or inside (Posluszny).

Yeah, I would be thrilled with him in the 2nd.

dmosher12
12-23-2009, 12:15 PM
that is high for spiller, but i don't really consider it a reach

Beastie Bills
12-23-2009, 12:34 PM
Right now there is no cap in 2010...KC could take a QB and let him ride the pines for a year or two like Rodgers did in GB. That worked out very well.

KC is way under the cap this year, as they usually are. No cap in 2010 doesn't suddenly mean they will spend a ton of money. The issue with them taking a QB isn't about cap space. It's about investing tons of money on two QB's. It just doesn't make sense when you can only have one on the field at a time.

They just gave Cassel $63 million over 6 years. If they take a QB at #4, he'll probably get $50 million over 5 years. That's just a guess, but Sanchez was the 5th pick in 2009, and he got $45 million over 5 years, so it stands to reason that a QB picked 4th in 2010 would get $50/5.

So the Chiefs would be paying two different QB's $10 million dollars a year, for the next 5 years. Not gonna happen.

And the Packers/Rodgers argument doesn't really work. They drafted Rodgers because everybody thought Favre was pretty much done (maybe a year or two left), and Rodgers fell all the way to them at #24. It's not like they gave Favre a contract extension, and then picked Rodgers in the top 5 the next season.

DraftBoy
12-23-2009, 12:37 PM
KC is not taking a qb. To much money wrapped up in Cassel.

I dont care how much money is wrapped up in Cassel. He has been disaster and they have no prospect at this point. I dont think Pioli will wait to take one later not with a lack luster, weak QB class.

DraftBoy
12-23-2009, 12:38 PM
Way to high for A. Jones.

Thought you told me Benn wasn't going in the 1st. rd. ?

You didn't read the things to keep in mind did you?

He likely won't, see the first point in this post.

Ingtar33
12-23-2009, 12:41 PM

chicago doesn't have a 1st round pick. this is denver's

and i don't see St Louis going anywhere but QB with their pick. They need a QB far more then anything else right now.

DraftBoy
12-23-2009, 12:41 PM

Have you seen Cassel play this year?

Harrison has two big games as RS pointed out, and he is a great back in short spurts or against poor run D's. Cincy and KC are not great defensive teams and other than those games he has been extremely lack luster. In 2008 his big game (80 rushing yards) came against us, again other than that lackluster. In 07 and 06 he barely saw the field. Im sorry one big 200+ yard game against the arguable worst defense in the league doesn't impress me much. And when all is said and done this won't be too high for Spiller.

DraftBoy
12-23-2009, 12:42 PM

Read the points to consider. McClain has not declared therefor he is not included.

DraftBoy
12-23-2009, 12:42 PM
I think because DraftBoy has only included juniors who have declared he has made some huge reaches.

When all the juniors declare this will not be close to the draft. Still here are some huge reaches like Spiller, A Jones

Hey somebody had reading comprehension skills!

Spiller will be a 1st Round pick in the draft, likely top 15.

DraftBoy
12-23-2009, 12:44 PM

1.) St. Louis needs a QB more than a DT, they've already invested big money into their defensive line with Carriker and Long.

2.) Backus has been pretty good for the Lions, Berry, Suh or McCoy would be a better selection for them.

3.) TB - They'll probably take whoever is left from Berry, Suh or McCoy.

4.) Kansas City won't give up on Cassel after one year, they need a left tackle for his blindside, Okung would make sense here.

5.) I don't see how you can justify taking McCoy over a left tackle when we have Demetrius Bell starting for us, IDK.

--

I did like the Golden Tate surprise, he belongs in the top half of the 1st round, glad to see Walterfootball did not fool you.

1. Suh is the best DL to come out in some time. I dont care what previous regimes have done this is Spags team and his defense needs a difference maker.

2. Backus is old and injury prone. They need a franchise LT for Stafford.

3. Freeman needs weapons badly.

4. I disagree

5. Bell has potential and showed some of it this year, plus its a deep OT class.

DraftBoy
12-23-2009, 12:45 PM

chicago doesn't have a 1st round pick. this is denver's

and i don't see St Louis going anywhere but QB with their pick. They need a QB far more then anything else right now.

Damn I knew I forgot to fix something. Ill have to fix that later.

Im not sold on STL going QB only, Suh is far more talented than any QB available and Spags is a Defense first kind of a guy.

Beastie Bills
12-23-2009, 12:46 PM
I dont care how much money is wrapped up in Cassel. He has been disaster and they have no prospect at this point. I dont think Pioli will wait to take one later not with a lack luster, weak QB class.

Cassel does suck, but throwing $50 million at another QB would mean that Pioli is admitting to a HUGE mistake. He can't do that after one season. If he does, and KC does bad next year too (which they will), Pioli will probably get canned. Pioli and Cassel are tied together at this point. Cassel goes, Pioli goes.

DraftBoy
12-23-2009, 12:47 PM
Cassel does suck, but throwing $50 million at another QB would mean that Pioli is admitting to a HUGE mistake. He can't do that after one season. If he does, and KC does bad next year too (which they will), Pioli will probably get canned. Pioli and Cassel are tied together at this point. Cassel goes, Pioli goes.

He doesnt admit to it now he'll have two seasons against him. Its not his style to not improve what doesnt work.

Ingtar33
12-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Damn I knew I forgot to fix something. Ill have to fix that later.

Im not sold on STL going QB only, Suh is far more talented than any QB available and Spags is a Defense first kind of a guy.

I agree that Suh is the best player in this draft. but it's rather rare to draft a QB over a linemen even if you need both.

DraftBoy
12-23-2009, 12:52 PM
I agree that Suh is the best player in this draft. but it's rather rare to draft a QB over a linemen even if you need both.

I lean Suh because I think Clausen that high is a huge risk with his high bust potential and use the logic that Spags being a D first guy, defends the pick.

Beastie Bills
12-23-2009, 12:52 PM
He doesnt admit to it now he'll have two seasons against him. Its not his style to not improve what doesnt work.

It doesn't matter.

Let's say I'm the GM and you're the owner, and I convince you to trade the 33rd overall pick for a QB, and then give him a contract worth $63 million. Then, barely a year later, I basically say "oops", and spend the 4th overall pick and $50 million on another QB...you would fire me immediately.

Yes, he would be admitting his mistake, but in the NFL, one big mistake can cost you your job. His only hope is that Cassel either gets injured, or turns it around. Pioli is not pulling the trigger on a QB at #4.

Ingtar33
12-23-2009, 12:53 PM
BTW: i'm with DB... the only way KC doesn't take a QB is if Pioli's ego won't allow him to admit a mistake.

anyone who's seen the chiefs play can see clearly it's Cassel who's holding them back... even with average nfl QBing and that team is probably a 7 or 8 win football team. Other then Jay Cutler, Mark Sanchez, and the dynamic duo in buffalo, no QB has been more responsible for his team's under performing then Cassel.

Beastie Bills
12-23-2009, 12:55 PM

1.) St. Louis needs a QB more than a DT, they've already invested big money into their defensive line with Carriker and Long..

Jeez...Peckerwood really loves QB's, huh?

Dude, a team that needs help on Defense does not pass on Suh, the best defensive player in the draft. Even if they need a QB.

Beastie Bills
12-23-2009, 12:57 PM
BTW: i'm with DB... the only way KC doesn't take a QB is if Pioli's ego won't allow him to admit a mistake.

Admitting a $63 million dollar mistake could cost him his job. I'm not denying that, money aside, getting a QB would be in the best interest of the Chiefs. But it IS NOT in the best interest of Pioli, who happens to be the person making the pick. Therefore, it won't happen.

PECKERWOOD
12-23-2009, 01:03 PM
Dwayne Bowe has missed about half of the year, you can't tell me that hasn't affected Cassel's development, that was his main man. I'm sorry, but Kansas City has probably one of the crappiest WR units in the NFL.

Beastie Bills
12-23-2009, 01:11 PM
Dwayne Bowe has missed about half of the year, you can't tell me that hasn't affected Cassel's development, that was his main man. I'm sorry, but Kansas City has probably one of the crappiest WR units in the NFL.

That's true too. I could see them going WR or OL in the first round, but not QB.

Pioli won't just admit that he was wrong about Cassel. He'll blame in on blocking, or on the receivers (who are pretty bad).

PECKERWOOD
12-23-2009, 01:20 PM
That's true too. I could see them going WR or OL in the first round, but not QB.

Pioli won't just admit that he was wrong about Cassel. He'll blame in on blocking, or on the receivers (who are pretty bad).

Well, the point about Bowe is that, DraftBoy didn't realistically include other players that will likely squeeze into the top 10, due to them not declaring yet. Eric Berry will be a top 5 pick, Dez Bryant or Russell Okung would be looking pretty darn nice to Pioli with their first pick. If I'm Pioli, I'm taking Eric Berry, Russell Okung or Dez Bryant with the 4th pick. One of those guys will be there for them at 4.

EDS
12-23-2009, 01:26 PM
He reminds me of a former Bill and a current Bill, Jeff Posey & Paul Posluszny. I could see him bringing similar production and a similar style if you were to play him at either outside (Posey) or inside (Posluszny).

Yeah, I would be thrilled with him in the 2nd.

Posey sucked. I would hope a second rounder could do more.

k-oneputt
12-23-2009, 01:35 PM
Poli is rebuilding and Cassel is the main part. There is no way they are using a 1st rd. pick on a qb. C'mon get with the program.

DraftBoy
12-23-2009, 01:56 PM
It doesn't matter.

Let's say I'm the GM and you're the owner, and I convince you to trade the 33rd overall pick for a QB, and then give him a contract worth $63 million. Then, barely a year later, I basically say "oops", and spend the 4th overall pick and $50 million on another QB...you would fire me immediately.

Yes, he would be admitting his mistake, but in the NFL, one big mistake can cost you your job. His only hope is that Cassel either gets injured, or turns it around. Pioli is not pulling the trigger on a QB at #4.

This is Scott Pioli not some rookie GM. He has more leeway than any other GM in the league. If he says he screwed up and fixes it, I sincerely doubt the Chiefs would be dumb enough to fire him for it.

X-Era
12-23-2009, 03:05 PM
This is Scott Pioli not some rookie GM. He has more leeway than any other GM in the league. If he says he screwed up and fixes it, I sincerely doubt the Chiefs would be dumb enough to fire him for it.

I agree that KC is taking a QB. I dont know that it comes from the 1st round though.

I could see LB, CB, S, more OL help being in the argument too.

RockStar36
12-23-2009, 03:07 PM
I'm not totally sold that the Chiefs would give up on Cassel after one season, but they should. He is awful. Just plain awful. Of course that doesn't matter to him. He parlayed a backup job into millions so he is pretty much set for life.

DraftBoy
12-23-2009, 03:08 PM
I agree that KC is taking a QB. I dont know that it comes from the 1st round though.

I could see LB, CB, S, more OL help being in the argument too.

They have Derrick Johnson, Mike Vrabel, and Tamba Hali as their LB core, though Mays could use a replacement. Vrabel backup is already in place on the team in Andy Studebaker.

At CB they have the best young CB tandem in the league in Brandon Carr and Brandon Flowers. S could use some help but I dont see Pioli taking Berry that high.

OL is an option if Okung falls but other than that, nobody else is really worth the selection.

PECKERWOOD
12-23-2009, 03:11 PM
Johnson is an UFA.

X-Era
12-23-2009, 03:12 PM
They have Derrick Johnson, Mike Vrabel, and Tamba Hali as their LB core, though Mays could use a replacement. Vrabel backup is already in place on the team in Andy Studebaker.

At CB they have the best young CB tandem in the league in Brandon Carr and Brandon Flowers. S could use some help but I dont see Pioli taking Berry that high.

OL is an option if Okung falls but other than that, nobody else is really worth the selection.

I thought Johnson was on the outs and Vrabel is long in the tooth. Personally, I don't think Carr is that good. But Ive been a huge Flowers fan since his college days.

DraftBoy
12-24-2009, 07:49 AM
I thought Johnson was on the outs and Vrabel is long in the tooth. Personally, I don't think Carr is that good. But Ive been a huge Flowers fan since his college days.

Johnson contract is up but they've havent given indication yet about if they plan to resign him or not.

I think Carr has been good but he was going to be slower to develop than Flowers coming from DII Grand Valley State.

Mahdi
12-24-2009, 08:06 AM

anyone who's seen the chiefs play can see clearly it's Cassel who's holding them back... even with average nfl QBing and that team is probably a 7 or 8 win football team. Other then Jay Cutler, Mark Sanchez, and the dynamic duo in buffalo, no QB has been more responsible for his team's under performing then Cassel.
KC has had weak to average RB play, a very weak OL especially at LT where Brandon Albert has been playing and not much to work with at WR.

Cassel is in a horrible situation and that had plenty to do with his under-performing. It's not easy going from 4 seconds in the pocket and throwing to Randy Moss to 2.5 seconds throwing to Bobby Wade. Chambers has been ok but he is past his prime and Bowe has missed a lot of games.

Haley will go after Dez Bryant to be his Larry Fitzgerald.

Beastie Bills
12-24-2009, 08:18 AM
KC has had weak to average RB play, a very weak OL especially at LT where Brandon Albert has been playing and not much to work with at WR.

Cassel is in a horrible situation and that had plenty to do with his under-performing. It's not easy going from 4 seconds in the pocket and throwing to Randy Moss to 2.5 seconds throwing to Bobby Wade. Chambers has been ok but he is past his prime and Bowe has missed a lot of games.

Haley will go after Dez Bryant to be his Larry Fitzgerald.

That's true. They have some needs on defense, but with the money they spent on Cassel, they'll need to get him some weapons or protection. I think they go OLine or WR in the first round.

They do have a good RB, in Jamaal Charles, by the way. I think they'll draft a power-back in the 2nd or 3rd round though.

The Juice Is Loose
12-24-2009, 08:58 AM
I'll bet any amount of Zone Bucks that KC DOES NOT take a QB in the Top 10 of this draft. And I'll bet half as many Zone bucks that they don't take a QB in the first round period.

They just got Cassel, who had to deal with getting banged up in the early part of the season. He hit Chambers for a game winner against Us and Chambers just dropped it.

No ***** way.

Also, Ingtar, the reason the Bears have sucked is play calling, line play, running game play, ****ty receivers, THEN CUTLER.

You don't just go from a pro bowl to the toilet bowl without the people around you having something to do with it. When they hire a new coach and they get the guys around Cutler, (like IDK, an actually receiver not some converted kick returner) you'll all see that the 2009 Bears just suck.

RockStar36
12-24-2009, 09:00 AM
I'll bet any amount of Zone Bucks that KC DOES NOT take a QB in the Top 10 of this draft. And I'll bet half as many Zone bucks that they don't take a QB in the first round period.

They just got Cassel, who had to deal with getting banged up in the early part of the season. He hit Chambers for a game winner against Us and Chambers just dropped it.

No ***** way.

Also, Ingtar, the reason the Bears have sucked is play calling, line play, running game play, ****ty receivers, THEN CUTLER.

You don't just go from a pro bowl to the toilet bowl without the people around you having something to do with it. When they hire a new coach and they get the guys around Cutler, (like IDK, an actually receiver not some converted kick returner) you'll all see that the 2009 Bears just suck.

Besides fantasy football, when has Cutler ever been good?

Beastie Bills
12-24-2009, 09:03 AM

Lol.

If anybody is willing to take this action, I want in on it as well.

I'll bet all of my ZoneBucks that KC does not take a QB in the 1st round. Unfortunately, I only have about 1000, but my offer stands.

Ingtar33
12-24-2009, 09:18 AM

No ***** way.

cutler was overrated last year.

before he was traded... before he demanded a trade, durring the season i was hearing all about how his teammates hated his guts... how he was a locker room cancer and no one wanted to play with him.

his demand to be traded from Denver was the least surprising thing i heard last off season. The guy is a primadonna and an ass.

he's not a guy you go to war with. When i compared him to Jeff George last season i thought i was being cruel to jay cutler because i thought cutler was a marginally better QB and slightly better locker room presence.

After last off season and watching his meltdown in Chicago i think i was being too cruel to Jeff George. Jeff George, in all his mediocre seasons in the league NEVER had a year as putrid as the one Cutler is having.

Great (non-rookie) QBs, no matter how bad their team is don't throw 25+ INTs in a season... ever. They certainly don't threaten to throw for 30 ints in a season. There is no rational excuse for that. Even the dynamic duo of Edwards and Fitzpatrick won't come close to those INT numbers. Great QBs don't throw 10+ ints a season in the redzone (something he's done 2 years straight now).

Its one thing if it's just ints... during training camp Brian Urlacher called cutler an *******, and claimed he wanted nothing to do with the jerk on his team. All it took was training camp for Cutler's ego to tear the bears locker room to pieces.

Listen, the kid has a gorgeous arm. Jeff George had an all star arm too. QBing.. leading your team to wins has more to it then a great arm... your team has to want to play for you. I've seen no effort by the bears to play for Cutler. it seems like they all hate his guts like the broncos hated his guts.

It should be no surprise that Denver played better for Jake Plummer under center then they did for Jay Cutler. Or that they're playing better now for Kyle Orton then they did for Cutler.

-here is an interesting tidbit. Cutler has never had a winning season of football. ever, at any level of play.

jimbohastle51
12-24-2009, 11:18 AM
i dont see a way in which buffalo doesnt take a QB with there first pick. the 2 best LT will be gone before our pick and we already have serious money tied up in stroud, williams and johnson at DT so we wont be giving a top 10 signing bonus to a DT that at best would rotate with stroud and williams. and there is no chance stroud gets cut, ZERO. even with a new regime, a dominant DT is a nessessity for any type of defense. we will probably have our pick at which QB we want and i have a feeing that sam bradford is our guy, especially if we land the "offensive minded" coach that we are rumored to be looking for. if not bradford we wont pass on clausen. regardless of what mcshay and kiper say we are not in a position to draft a 3rd or 4th rate QB because our franchise is not in a position to give up two 1st round picks to get a jay cutler type and there is no "franchise QB available in free agency, chad pennington is very injury prone and if jake delhomme gets released unfortunatley the guys arm problems are showing misserably. the only way we get a QB is through the draft and the fan base will not accept the bills taking one in the 3rd round after passing and having the chance for the top ones and trying to sell them as the QB of the future. we will stand pat in the top 10 and draft bradford or clausen. especially with a new coach coming in. he will draft he QB. even ryan traded up to get his in sanchez, and you can argue that clausen has a better arm and while not surround by the same productive winning system he had the better college career as well did bradford (although the spread does leave a few questions for bradford).

PECKERWOOD
12-24-2009, 11:28 AM
I've been talking to some Kansas City fans, they all want either Rolando McClain, Eric Berry or Russell Okung. 1¢

yordad
12-24-2009, 11:52 AM

Highly doubtful. Don't let one huge game fool you.I don't think you should let his lack of production prior fool you. The dude seriously looked friggin awesome.

And, I also see no way the Chiefs draft a QB in the first round. No way.

don137
12-24-2009, 12:15 PM
I'd be happy with Mccoy.

Carolina does not have a first round pick. They traded it away to San Fran for their second round pick last year so they could draft Everette Brown.

patmoran2006
12-24-2009, 12:18 PM
I have no idea when you compiled this. But as of now Buffalo is picking ninth.

I like the McCoy pick, though I really don't think they are going to be able to pass on a OT.

The way I see it, the Bills are going to have to take Clausen or Bradford, if available unless they see something special from Brohm.

Otherwise, it has to be the OT they determine in round one.

Dont get me wrong, I wouldnt mind the McCoy pick, but I think with Stroud, Williams and Johnson they won't consider it a Round one pick.

User Manuel
12-24-2009, 12:21 PM
Just Out of Curiosity dratf Boy, why would KC take Clausen?

Somebody *****ed at me through a PM that I hadn't posted a mock in a while so here is a quick one to chew on.

Two things to keep in mind;
1. This is not an accurate draft order exactly, its simply ESPN's NFL standings reversed. I dont have the time to work out the tie breakers or search for it today.
2. The only juniors Im using are those that have officially declared so far. You can find the current list here at the Billszone; http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=184178

So here is my current mock;

1. St. Louis-DT Ndakumong Suh, Nebraska
2. Detroit-OT Russell Okung, Oklahoma State
3. Tampa Bay-WR Dez Bryant-Oklahoma State
4. Kansas City-QB Jimmy Clausen-Notre Dame
5. Cleveland-RB CJ Spiller-Clemson
6. Washington-QB Sam Bradford-Oklahoma
7. Buffalo-DT Gerald McCoy-Oklahoma
8. Oakland-OT Bruce Campbell-Maryland
9. Seattle-FS Taylor Mays-USC
11. San Francisco-DE Arthur Jones-Syracuse
12. Carolina-WR Brandon LaFell-LSU
13. Houston-OT Charles Brown-USC
14. NY Jets-DE Greg Hardy-Ole Miss
15. Tennessee-LB Brandon Spikes-Florida
16. Jacksonville-WR Arrelious Benn-Illinois
17. Atlanta-LB Sean Weatherspoon-Missouri
18. Miami-WR Damain Williams-USC
19. Pittsburgh-OT Anthony Davis-Rutgers
20. NY Giants-OT Selvish Capers-West Virginia
21. Denver-CB Trevard Lindley-Kentucky
22. Baltimore-WR Mardy Gilyard-Cincy
23. Arizona-QB Tony Pike-Cincy
24. Dallas-LB Jerry Hughes-TCU
25. Cincinnati-WR Erick Decker, Minnesota
26. Green Bay-OT Ciron Black, LSU
27. New England-RB Ryan Matthews-Fresno State
28. Philadelphia-OG Mike Johnson, Alabama
29. San Diego-LB Rick Sapp-Clemson
30. Minnesota-LB Eric Norwood-South Carolina
31. New Orleans-CB Kyle Wilson-Boise State
32. Indianapolis-RB Ben Tate-Auburn

DraftBoy
12-24-2009, 12:30 PM
I have no idea when you compiled this. But as of now Buffalo is picking ninth.

I like the McCoy pick, though I really don't think they are going to be able to pass on a OT.

The way I see it, the Bills are going to have to take Clausen or Bradford, if available unless they see something special from Brohm.

Otherwise, it has to be the OT they determine in round one.

Dont get me wrong, I wouldnt mind the McCoy pick, but I think with Stroud, Williams and Johnson they won't consider it a Round one pick.

Read the first post about your first point.

Ground Chuck
12-24-2009, 12:32 PM
This doesn't appear to be very well thought out. This mock is a mess

PECKERWOOD
12-24-2009, 12:59 PM
Okay, who do you take if it works out like this?? I'm pretty sure we're picking at 10 right now, at least all the updated mocks I've seen have us listed as such, so I'm going to go with that.

1.) St. Louis: Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
2.) Tampa Bay: Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
3.) Cleveland: Eric Berry, S, Tennessee
4.) Detroit: Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
5.) Kansas City: Rolando McClain, ILB, Alabama
6.) Washington: Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State
7.) Oakland: Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State
8.) Seattle: Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland
9.) Denver: Joe Haden, CB, Florida
10.) Buffalo: Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame

:bow:

DraftBoy
12-24-2009, 01:09 PM
This doesn't appear to be very well thought out. This mock is a mess

I agree, the author here sucks!

PECKERWOOD
12-24-2009, 01:11 PM
I agree, the author here sucks!

I'm not going to fault your draft, but in reality, what you have is kind of like a flashy big board.

DraftBoy
12-24-2009, 01:13 PM
I'm not going to fault your draft, but in reality, what you have is kind of like a flashy big board.

Well as long as its flashy...I mean, I cant complain too much then can I?

Next time Ill go for shiny.

SABURZFAN
12-24-2009, 01:18 PM
i like the Bills pick in this draft. Cleveland taking Spiller would reunite the Clemson boys. (James Davis) not really sure about some of these picks in the 1st round though.

mysticsoto
12-25-2009, 09:59 AM
I haven't put too much in-depth thought into this yet, but real quick:

1. St. Louis-QB Sam Bradford
2. Detroit-DT Ndakumong Suh
3. Tampa Bay-WR Dez Bryant
4. Kansas City-OT Russell Okung
5. Cleveland-S Eric Berry
6. Washington-OT Anthony Davis
7. Buffalo-DT Gerald McCoy (Take a chance with Brohm...but if not QB Clausen could be a choice here)
8. Oakland-DE Jason Pierre-Paul
9. Seattle-QB Jimmy Clausen
10. Denver-FS Taylor Mays
11. San Francisco-RB CJ Spiller
12. (Carolina doesn't have a 1st rd pick...S. Fran is supposed to pick twice though)-OT Bruce Campbell
13. Houston-S Earl Thomas
14. NY Jets-WR Golden Tate
15. Tennessee-DE Sergio Kindle
16. Jacksonville-QB Tim Tebow
17. Atlanta-LB Sean Weatherspoon
18. Miami-DT Terrence Cody
19. Pittsburgh-LB Brandon Spikes
20. NY Giants-DE Greg Hardy
21. Denver-CB Trevard Lindley
22. Baltimore-DE Arthur Jones
23. Arizona-OT Trent Williams
24. Dallas-DE Corey Wooten
25. Cincinnati-TE Jermaine Gresham
26. Green Bay-OT Charles Brown
27. New England-LB Ricky Sapp
28. Philadelphia-CB Kyle Wilson
29. San Diego-WR Arrelious Benn
30. Minnesota-LB Jerry Hughes
31. New Orleans-LB Eric Norwood
32. Indianapolis-OT Selvish Caper

PECKERWOOD
12-25-2009, 11:33 AM
Man, as a Notre Dame fan I'm a bit disgruntled to see everybody have the Jets taking Golden Tate... I would hate to play Tate twice a year, that's a problem.

mysticsoto
12-25-2009, 12:08 PM
Man, as a Notre Dame fan I'm a bit disgruntled to see everybody have the Jets taking Golden Tate... I would hate to play Tate twice a year, that's a problem.

Mock drafts are usually done from a "What's best for the team" POV - not who we'd like them to have. Otherwise, I've give them the best punter/kicker available. :D

Braylon Edwards was a good temporary pick up for them, but he has butter hands and will disappoint them as well...

tampabay25690
12-25-2009, 09:54 PM
1 thing is for sure as of right now SUH will be the 1st pick in he draft weather it be Tampa or St Louis.....
As of right now the #1 pick IMO..

PECKERWOOD
12-26-2009, 12:41 AM
1 thing is for sure as of right now SUH will be the 1st pick in he draft weather it be Tampa or St Louis.....
As of right now the #1 pick IMO..

A slightly above average QB will do more for a franchise than a HOF DT.

yordad
12-26-2009, 07:49 AM
A slightly above average QB will do more for a franchise than a HOF DT.I would tend to agree, but the Titans might disagree with you.

mysticsoto
12-26-2009, 09:09 AM
I would tend to agree, but the Titans might disagree with you.

I disagree with your disagreement. The Titans' problems are not just related to losing Haynesworth. Collins was playing great for them last year. This year he's on the bench and they've gotten poor play at the position.

Look at how a good qb can make a team much better...Baltimore has always had a good Dline and overall defense. They got a good qb now and look at how much better they are. Qb is a key position that has to be pretty decent if you want the team to succeed. Look at how much we've sucked since Kelly left!!! We had a pretty good defense when Pat and Sam were manning the middle...where did that get us?

yordad
12-26-2009, 10:33 AM
I disagree with your disagreement. The Titans' problems are not just related to losing Haynesworth. Collins was playing great for them last year. This year he's on the bench and they've gotten poor play at the position.

Look at how a good qb can make a team much better...Baltimore has always had a good Dline and overall defense. They got a good qb now and look at how much better they are. Qb is a key position that has to be pretty decent if you want the team to succeed. Look at how much we've sucked since Kelly left!!! We had a pretty good defense when Pat and Sam were manning the middle...where did that get us?The only true rule is there are no true rules.

DraftBoy
12-26-2009, 11:41 AM

Look at how a good qb can make a team much better...Baltimore has always had a good Dline and overall defense. They got a good qb now and look at how much better they are. Qb is a key position that has to be pretty decent if you want the team to succeed. Look at how much we've sucked since Kelly left!!! We had a pretty good defense when Pat and Sam were manning the middle...where did that get us?

Baltimore won a Super Bowl with some rather crappy QB play...they had a killer D-Line that year. They had an overall incredible Defense, but it all starts up front. I think the attempts by many to measure the success of an All-Pro at one position compared to an All-Pro at another is ridiculous, and Im not saying you're doing that here.

In terms of this team, our main concern, in my opinion, should be strictly to get the best players we can regardless of position. We have so many holes and lack talent at so many key positions that to try and quantify well OL is a need over DL, or LB over DB, etc. is kind of a joke. The entire team needs to be rebuilt not just 4 or 5 positions. We are a mess and we need to start fresh and get the best players we can from the beginning.

mysticsoto
12-26-2009, 01:07 PM
Baltimore won a Super Bowl with some rather crappy QB play...they had a killer D-Line that year. They had an overall incredible Defense, but it all starts up front. I think the attempts by many to measure the success of an All-Pro at one position compared to an All-Pro at another is ridiculous, and Im not saying you're doing that here.

In terms of this team, our main concern, in my opinion, should be strictly to get the best players we can regardless of position. We have so many holes and lack talent at so many key positions that to try and quantify well OL is a need over DL, or LB over DB, etc. is kind of a joke. The entire team needs to be rebuilt not just 4 or 5 positions. We are a mess and we need to start fresh and get the best players we can from the beginning.

Very true, but our scouts suck, so I'm not expecting much in any draft until we get a GM that comes in here and cleans the slate. Though McKelvin has been decent, I think Cromartie (our choice) has been better. And so far, Orakpo has been an order of magnitude better than Maybin. Lynch has been ok, but Whitner has underperformed...seems like we get a decent surprise each year (Byrd, Kyle Williams, etc), but it's not enough to make up for the rest of the lower talent...

DraftBoy
12-28-2009, 11:20 AM
Very true, but our scouts suck, so I'm not expecting much in any draft until we get a GM that comes in here and cleans the slate. Though McKelvin has been decent, I think Cromartie (our choice) has been better. And so far, Orakpo has been an order of magnitude better than Maybin. Lynch has been ok, but Whitner has underperformed...seems like we get a decent surprise each year (Byrd, Kyle Williams, etc), but it's not enough to make up for the rest of the lower talent...

Complete agreement!

Especially about one DRC. Im pleased to say I nailed that scouting report.