Schobel considering retirement

According to APwriter John Wawrow, who is here at OBD right now

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • DieHrdBillsFan23
    Nobody Circles the Wagon, Like the Buffalo Bills
    • Jan 2006

Schobel to retire?

Bills defensive end Aaron Schobel is contemplating retirement, saying he's going to go home after the season before making a decision.

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Buffalo Bills defensive end Aaron Schobel is contemplating retirement, saying he's going to go home after the season before making a decision.
    AFC East blog

ESPN.com's Tim Graham writes about all things AFC East in his division blog.Blog network: NFL Nation

"I don't know my future really, what I'm going to do," Schobel told two reporters, including The Associated Press, following practice Wednesday.
    Signed through 2013, Schobel's 75 career sacks rank second on the team list behind Bruce Smith.
    The 32-year-old said he fears he's slowed down in his ninth NFL season since being selected by the Bills in the second round of the 2001 draft. A two-time Pro Bowl selection, Schobel is having a solid year in which he leads the team with seven sacks, his most since registering a career-best 14 in 2006.
    Buffalo (5-9) plays at Atlanta on Sunday.

Thoughts??
    Lets Go Buffalo!!!!

Comment

• Jaybird
      • Dec 2005

Re: Schobel considering retirement

Its been a difficult season, and im sure it has warn him down... he will be back

Comment

• Ingtar33
        Dances With Buffaloes
        • Sep 2002

not surprised... i think there is a point where you can only handle so much ineptitude in a team before you call it quits.

i remember Phil Hanson basically retired with a few years left in the tank for the same basic reason. he just was tired of losing.
        My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• homeslice5484
          • Jul 2008

and we got Maybin instead of Orakpo, ugh!

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

not a surprise. did you see him in the second half of the pats game? there were times where he just didn't keep going with the play. i don't believe it was because he couldnt but that he was just tired of being the best on the worst team.

i thought he played well this year, but he knows he doesn't have 3 more years of this in him to get the team to the promised land. from what i've heard, he's asked time and time again for help and he's gotten nothing. why should he give the bills anything more than what he's given?

Comment

• Jaybird
              • Dec 2005

a new coach and some winning would light a fire under his ass

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                • Feb 2009

Feel bad for the guy to never experience the playoffs. Always liked the guy. If this is he feels I'd just like to trade for a 3rd or 4th to a contender next. Do him a favor.

Comment

• Griz78
                  • Sep 2002

If he does retire, we should definately switch to a 3-4 even if it takes us a couple of years. Wthout him we will hav eno pass rush in a 4-3

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                    Defies all logic
                    • Oct 2006

Trade him away for a 3rd, I agree. He has something left in the tank, trade him to a contender, he deserves it.

Comment

• casdhf
                      • Jul 2002

That would be a major problem against the cap. Wouldnt all his bonus accelerate? Wait ... uncapped year.
                      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

I hope he comes back. He has been one of the few bright spots in the last 10 years.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                          • Jun 2009

Good I hope he does retire. Free up some money to use in free agency. He's one of the most overrated and overpaid Buffalo Bill ever. An average player that gets paid like a star.
                          But he won't retire. Talking bs. He will be back to get that paycheck.

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

people have consistently **** on his value to the team.. guess we will see..

god.. seriously why do we root for this team.. what is enjoyable about this day after day, year after year.. constant losing, neverending injuries, terrible front office and coaching for decades.. i must be mentally insane.
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by k-oneputt
                              Good I hope he does retire. Free up some money to use in free agency. He's one of the most overrated and overpaid Buffalo Bill ever. An average player that gets paid like a star.
                              But he won't retire. Talking bs. He will be back to get that paycheck.
                              this post is a douchebag.. and exactly what i am talking about..

you want to lose the 2nd best sack guy in bills history to free up cap space.. so the 30 million in cap space we had free this year all year.. that wasnt enough???

your a effing idiot if you think we will actually use it.
                              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                              X