View Full Version : Schobel considering retirement

patmoran2006
12-23-2009, 01:47 PM
According to APwriter John Wawrow, who is here at OBD right now

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091223/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_bills_schobel_1

DieHrdBillsFan23
12-23-2009, 01:48 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4768475

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Buffalo Bills (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=buf) defensive end Aaron Schobel (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=2594) is contemplating retirement, saying he's going to go home after the season before making a decision.
AFC East blog

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/columnists/graham_tim_m.jpg ESPN.com's Tim Graham writes about all things AFC East in his division blog (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast). • Blog network: NFL Nation (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation)

"I don't know my future really, what I'm going to do," Schobel told two reporters, including The Associated Press, following practice Wednesday.
Signed through 2013, Schobel's 75 career sacks rank second on the team list behind Bruce Smith (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=45).
The 32-year-old said he fears he's slowed down in his ninth NFL season since being selected by the Bills in the second round of the 2001 draft. A two-time Pro Bowl selection, Schobel is having a solid year in which he leads the team with seven sacks, his most since registering a career-best 14 in 2006.
Buffalo (5-9) plays at Atlanta on Sunday.

Thoughts??

Jaybird
12-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Its been a difficult season, and im sure it has warn him down... he will be back

Ingtar33
12-23-2009, 01:50 PM
not surprised... i think there is a point where you can only handle so much ineptitude in a team before you call it quits.

i remember Phil Hanson basically retired with a few years left in the tank for the same basic reason. he just was tired of losing.

homeslice5484
12-23-2009, 01:50 PM
and we got Maybin instead of Orakpo, ugh!

trapezeus
12-23-2009, 01:53 PM
not a surprise. did you see him in the second half of the pats game? there were times where he just didn't keep going with the play. i don't believe it was because he couldnt but that he was just tired of being the best on the worst team.

i thought he played well this year, but he knows he doesn't have 3 more years of this in him to get the team to the promised land. from what i've heard, he's asked time and time again for help and he's gotten nothing. why should he give the bills anything more than what he's given?

Jaybird
12-23-2009, 01:54 PM
a new coach and some winning would light a fire under his ass

WeAreArthurMoates
12-23-2009, 01:56 PM
Feel bad for the guy to never experience the playoffs. Always liked the guy. If this is he feels I'd just like to trade for a 3rd or 4th to a contender next. Do him a favor.

Griz78
12-23-2009, 01:56 PM
If he does retire, we should definately switch to a 3-4 even if it takes us a couple of years. Wthout him we will hav eno pass rush in a 4-3

PECKERWOOD
12-23-2009, 02:00 PM
Trade him away for a 3rd, I agree. He has something left in the tank, trade him to a contender, he deserves it.

casdhf
12-23-2009, 02:01 PM
That would be a major problem against the cap. Wouldnt all his bonus accelerate? Wait ... uncapped year.

THATHURMANATOR
12-23-2009, 02:01 PM
I hope he comes back. He has been one of the few bright spots in the last 10 years.

k-oneputt
12-23-2009, 02:09 PM
Good I hope he does retire. Free up some money to use in free agency. He's one of the most overrated and overpaid Buffalo Bill ever. An average player that gets paid like a star.
But he won't retire. Talking bs. He will be back to get that paycheck.

Tatonka
12-23-2009, 02:11 PM
people have consistently **** on his value to the team.. guess we will see..

god.. seriously why do we root for this team.. what is enjoyable about this day after day, year after year.. constant losing, neverending injuries, terrible front office and coaching for decades.. i must be mentally insane.

Tatonka
12-23-2009, 02:12 PM
Good I hope he does retire. Free up some money to use in free agency. He's one of the most overrated and overpaid Buffalo Bill ever. An average player that gets paid like a star.

this post is a douchebag.. and exactly what i am talking about..

you want to lose the 2nd best sack guy in bills history to free up cap space.. so the 30 million in cap space we had free this year all year.. that wasnt enough???

your a effing idiot if you think we will actually use it.

Oldbillsfan
12-23-2009, 02:14 PM
Talking about retirement is better suited for when the season is over, JMO

patmoran2006
12-23-2009, 02:15 PM

This defense wouldn't be half as good as its been this year without Schobel, you're nuts man.

jamze132
12-23-2009, 02:15 PM
Cap space it not really a problem at OBD. That talk is nonsense.

Demon
12-23-2009, 02:17 PM
We are a train wreck of a football organization.

X-Era
12-23-2009, 02:18 PM
IM going to write him a letter:

Dear Aaron,

Please do.

The End.

k-oneputt
12-23-2009, 02:19 PM
Yeah I have a problem with overrated players making a ton of cash talking **** that they are gonna retire. He will be back. Guarantee it.

yordad
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4768475

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Buffalo Bills (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=buf) defensive end Aaron Schobel (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=2594) is contemplating retirement, saying he's going to go home after the season before making a decision.
AFC East blog

http://assets.espn.go.com/i/columnists/graham_tim_m.jpg ESPN.com's Tim Graham writes about all things AFC East in his division blog (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast). • Blog network: NFL Nation (http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation)

"I don't know my future really, what I'm going to do," Schobel told two reporters, including The Associated Press, following practice Wednesday.
Signed through 2013, Schobel's 75 career sacks rank second on the team list behind Bruce Smith (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=45).
The 32-year-old said he fears he's slowed down in his ninth NFL season since being selected by the Bills in the second round of the 2001 draft. A two-time Pro Bowl selection, Schobel is having a solid year in which he leads the team with seven sacks, his most since registering a career-best 14 in 2006.
Buffalo (5-9) plays at Atlanta on Sunday.

Thoughts??What? Before the season started he claimed he hadn't lost a single step and he was using that as motivation to prove his doubters wrong. I would be interested in hearing that actual quote where he says he fears he is slowing down. :(

Forward_Lateral
:ill: I hope he doesn't. He's having a pretty decent year, really. What does he have, 8 sacks?

X-Era
12-23-2009, 02:20 PM
This defense wouldn't be half as good as its been this year without Schobel, you're nuts man.

Isn't crap that's only half as much, still crap?

J/K, they aren't that bad, but our DL has been a liability at the DE spots ever since we went Cover 2. I'm burnt out with underszied DE's who cant get off blocks or get around T's.

X-Era
12-23-2009, 02:21 PM
What? Before the season started he claimed he hadn't lost a single step and he was using that as motivation to prove his doubters wrong. I would be interested in hearing that actual quote where he says he fears he is slowing down. :(

He lost that step when he realized he has nothing to play hard for anymore.

Canadian'eh!
12-23-2009, 02:25 PM
I'm fairly indifferent about this.

he's been ok this year, but he's not exactly dominant. This past week I must have seen him lose outside contain 4 times on running plays and change of direction plays.

He would be a good 3rd down pass rusher at this point, but not much else. I don't think he has enough left in the tank or physical ability to play every down anymore.

Trading him to a team that needs a situational pass rusher would be ideal, but at his contract I can't see it. Cutting him and allowing him to go find a winning team would be the right thing to do IMO.

doomsdayvirus
12-23-2009, 02:35 PM

oh, this **** is over...

Philagape
12-23-2009, 02:36 PM
I'm fairly indifferent about this.

he's been ok this year, but he's not exactly dominant. This past week I must have seen him lose outside contain 4 times on running plays and change of direction plays.

He would be a good 3rd down pass rusher at this point, but not much else. I don't think he has enough left in the tank or physical ability to play every down anymore.

Trading him to a team that needs a situational pass rusher would be ideal, but at his contract I can't see it. Cutting him and allowing him to go find a winning team would be the right thing to do IMO.

What's sad is pretty much the entire D-line is situational pass rushers.

doomsdayvirus
12-23-2009, 02:38 PM
Isn't crap that's only half as much, still crap?

1/2 is still better than zero.

which is what we've had at the DE slot the past 10 years besides schobel.

dude is no bruce smith, but he's better than what half the league has had in his position over the course of his career. are there better guys? sure. but having someone of his caliber perform somewhat reliably over a decade (of fail) is better than nothing.

bigbub2352
12-23-2009, 02:40 PM
good see u the **** later u overpaid garbage sack man
need to clear the books for the rebuild take ur clones denney and kelsay with u

TacklingDummy
12-23-2009, 02:46 PM
Schobel hasn't done anything in 4 years. He's been retired.

Ingtar33
12-23-2009, 02:47 PM
Schobel hasn't done anything in 4 years. He's been retired.

yet he's still 3rd in the NFL for the decade for sacks (behind only Jason Taylor and Dwight Freeney)

TacklingDummy
12-23-2009, 02:50 PM
yet he's still 2nd in the NFL for the decade for sacks (behind only Jason Taylor)
That's because he's #1 in garbage time sacks and in sacks with the QB already laying on the ground.

Schobel has never been a game changing DE like Taylor, Freeney, Peppers, Strahan.

Ingtar33
12-23-2009, 02:52 PM
That's because he's #1 in garbage time sacks and in sacks with the QB already laying on the ground.

Peppers, Strahan.

and yet he had more sacks over the last 10 years then peppers or strahan.

X-Era
12-23-2009, 02:53 PM

Schobel has never been a game changing DE like Taylor, Freeney, Peppers, Strahan.

I agree.

Id like him back as a #2 DE or situational rusher. But I want a bigger, stronger guy at the point going forward.

TacklingDummy
12-23-2009, 02:53 PM
yet he's still 3rd in the NFL for the decade for sacks (behind only Jason Taylor and Dwight Freeney)
Also notice I said past 4 years? Orakpo has 3 less sacks than what Schobel has in the last 3 years combined.

X-Era
12-23-2009, 02:54 PM

Would you call him even a top 10 DE in the league right now?

X-Era
12-23-2009, 02:55 PM
Also notice I said past 4 years? Orakpo has 3 less sacks than what Schobel has in the last 3 years combined.

I just happened upon the threads when we took Maybin over oRakpo the other day.

Man, I wish we could re-do that one.

k-oneputt
12-23-2009, 02:59 PM

By your theory we should of taken Schobel over a Peppers and Strahan then.
You must work in the Bills front office. It fits with their stupidity.

Whitner < Ngata
McKelvin < Revis
Maybin < Orakapo

X-Era
12-23-2009, 03:02 PM

Whitner < Ngata
McKelvin < Revis
Maybin < Orakapo

No need to get nasty.

Ingtar33
12-23-2009, 03:03 PM
Would you call him even a top 10 DE in the league right now?

absolutely not

I just think it funny how Bills fans can't be fans of their team... without some perverse need to piss all over any player on this team who's been a star just because he's not the star they want.

Schobel was an undersized "white guy" defensive end grabbed in round 2. He wasn't even listed on most team's top 10 ends for the draft. In many cases he was a classic TD pick, a guy set up to fail miserably, who probably should have been drafted 100 picks later.

Yet what did he do, from the moment he got here? He worked his ass off, and earned his starting position on the football team, and compiled one hell of a career.

Was he ever going to be bruce smith, or jason taylor? of course not. He wasn't half the size of either men and didn't have half the pedigree either. Instead he just showed up and worked hard for a miserable football team in a misserable decade of football, proving to be one of the lone bright spots in this horrid sea of mediocrity we've been forced to watch.

How easy is it to rack up sacks when other teams are never behind? How easy is it for an undersized defensive end to hold the point of attack when no one else on the field is preforming even simple gap control?

Was Schobel the best DE of this decade? not even close... i'd probably put him in the top 5 but no higher then 5th. Yet on a football team with miserable talent, who's punter has been hands down the best player on the team, to destroy the guy because he's not dwight freeney is just petty and stupid.

he'll never be Dwight Freeney. he's who he is. If you as a bills fan can't appreciate a Pro Bowl Defensive End like him for that then why do you even root for the team?

BillsWin
If he does retire I will be very sad to see him go. Schobel has been one of the lone bright spots the past few years. He is a constant on a team that lacks consistency. He has a lot of haters, but you can't argue results. 75 sacks, second in team history behind BRRUUUUUUUCE. Pretty impressive.

TacklingDummy
Maybin < Orakapo

Let me correct this for you.

Almost anyone else in the 1st round taken after Maybin>>>>Maybin.

Ingtar33
12-23-2009, 03:07 PM

are you out of your mind? first of all schobel was never in the draft with any of those players.

second peppers and strahan were never available. i never said anything about not wanting those guys. i said bills fans are eviscerating a guy who's done nothing but worked hard and preformed for this franchise above and beyond what we could have expected.

I was simply putting his performance into context, because there is a lot of mindless hate going on a guy who's never put a foot wrong with the town, team or league. He's been a class act who's done nothing but produce (in many cases far beyond what players taken over him in the draft have produced), yet for some unknown reason bills fans need to rip on him.

I don't get it

THATHURMANATOR
12-23-2009, 03:10 PM
absolutely not

I just think it funny how Bills fans can't be fans of their team... without some perverse need to piss all over any player on this team who's been a star just because he's not the star they want.

Schobel was an undersized "white guy" defensive end grabbed in round 2. He wasn't even listed on most team's top 10 ends for the draft. In many cases he was a classic TD pick, a guy set up to fail miserably, who probably should have been drafted 100 picks later.

Yet what did he do, from the moment he got here? He worked his ass off, and earned his starting position on the football team, and compiled one hell of a career.

Was he ever going to be bruce smith, or jason taylor? of course not. He wasn't half the size of either men and didn't have half the pedigree either. Instead he just showed up and worked hard for a miserable football team in a misserable decade of football, proving to be one of the lone bright spots in this horrid sea of mediocrity we've been forced to watch.

How easy is it to rack up sacks when other teams are never behind? How easy is it for an undersized defensive end to hold the point of attack when no one else on the field is preforming even simple gap control?

Was Schobel the best DE of this decade? not even close... i'd probably put him in the top 5 but no higher then 5th. Yet on a football team with miserable talent, who's punter has been hands down the best player on the team, to destroy the guy because he's not dwight freeney is just petty and stupid.

he'll never be Dwight Freeney. he's who he is. If you as a bills fan can't appreciate a Pro Bowl Defensive End like him for that then why do you even root for the team?
Perfect post.... I salute you. :bf1:

THATHURMANATOR
12-23-2009, 03:10 PM
are you out of your mind? first of all schobel was never in the draft with any of those players.

second peppers and strahan were never available. i never said anything about not wanting those guys. i said bills fans are eviscerating a guy who's done nothing but worked hard and preformed for this franchise above and beyond what we could have expected.

I was simply putting his performance into context, because there is a lot of mindless hate going on a guy who's never put a foot wrong with the town, team or league. He's been a class act who's done nothing but produce (in many cases far beyond what players taken over him in the draft have produced), yet for some unknown reason bills fans need to rip on him.

I don't get it
:bf1:

chernobylwraiths
12-23-2009, 03:14 PM
I liked Schobel, but I think they should try to trade him and maybe any other value veteran on the team. This team is going to probably do very poorly next year under a new HC and GM. They need to build up the lines with good younger players. They will need more draft picks to do this. Schobel deserves to have a chance to win IMO.

X-Era
12-23-2009, 03:16 PM
absolutely not

I never destroyed him. But, I also wont call him a star, or even pro-bowler anymore either. His best days are behind him.

Like I said, I would be fine keeping him but I want us to get a big time DE that's big enough to handle the run game and get off blocks. Not an assassination of Schobel, just a desire to get bigger.

THATHURMANATOR
12-23-2009, 03:19 PM
I never destroyed him. But, I also wont call him a star, or even pro-bowler anymore either. His best days are behind him.

Like I said, I would be fine keeping him but I want us to get a big time DE that's big enough to handle the run game and get off blocks. Not an assassination of Schobel, just a desire to get bigger.
Your response doesn't fit Ing's post.

Ingtar33
12-23-2009, 03:20 PM

I don't have a problem with this. listen. Schobel's 32... he's not getting younger... he's been nagged with injuries the last few years. anyone can see the most we can expect from him going forward (assuming he doesn't retire) is probably 8 sacks a year.

in short we need to improve the DE position. because without Schobel there is nothing there at end other teams need to be concerned with. Even with Schobel.. if he was putting up 14-18 sacks a season the end position has been a disaster apart from him.

See? objective fact about a guy getting long in the tooth. Did i tear him down and ridicule his legacy? no. But i'm seeing a lot of that in this thread.. which bugs me.

trapezeus
12-23-2009, 03:23 PM
What's sad is pretty much the entire D-line is situational pass rushers.

what's sadder is that the team has never decided it was a situation to actually get to the quarterback.

X-Era
12-23-2009, 03:25 PM
Your response doesn't fit Ing's post.

Why not? I don't think it was totally toward me.

Schobel has been an up and down player for us who couldnt consistently get double digit sacks as our #1 DE. He played on a bad team the entire time he played here.

To me, I dont care so much about what Schobel represents anymore, I care about what I think we need now. I think it should be much bigger and stronger DE's who can get to Tom Brady and push the line of scrimmage back while also being able to consistently stop the running game.

k-oneputt
12-23-2009, 03:26 PM
Because he won't retire.
He's not leaving 6 million on the table. He will be back, and if for some reason he isn't, I really won't care because I always thought he was overrated.

X-Era
12-23-2009, 03:26 PM
I don't have a problem with this. listen. Schobel's 32... he's not getting younger... he's been nagged with injuries the last few years. anyone can see the most we can expect from him going forward (assuming he doesn't retire) is probably 8 sacks a year.

in short we need to improve the DE position. because without Schobel there is nothing there at end other teams need to be concerned with. Even with Schobel.. if he was putting up 14-18 sacks a season the end position has been a disaster apart from him.

See? objective fact about a guy getting long in the tooth. Did i tear him down and ridicule his legacy? no. But i'm seeing a lot of that in this thread.. which bugs me.

My point was that you didn't see that from me.

Ingtar33
12-23-2009, 03:27 PM
Why not? I don't think it was totally toward me.

Schobel has been an up and down player for us who couldnt consistently get double digit sacks as our #1 DE. He played on a bad team the entire time he played here.

To me, I dont care so much about what Schobel represents anymore, I care about what I think we need now. I think it should be much bigger and stronger DE's who can get to Tom Brady and push the line of scrimmage back while also being able to consistently stop the running game.

amusingly no other DE in the league has sacked Brady more then Schobel.

but i'm with you about improving the pass rush.

Night Train
12-23-2009, 03:38 PM
I rarely listen to a sore tired Vet on a losing team in December.

Let's revisit this in a few months after Schobel goes back to Texas, relaxes,mends and sees his mortgage payment.

Mahdi
12-23-2009, 03:45 PM
this post is a douchebag.. and exactly what i am talking about..

you want to lose the 2nd best sack guy in bills history to free up cap space.. so the 30 million in cap space we had free this year all year.. that wasnt enough???

your a effing idiot if you think we will actually use it.
I dont see a problem with that view. He has a huge cap hit and with new management coming in freeing up resources is what we need, especially if we change defensive schemes.

Plus, Schobel has never been a pass rusher. EVER. He gets sacks but He was never someone to fear or game plan for like they do for Osi, Tuck, Mario, Freeney, Mathis etc.

We need a RDE that pressures QBs on a consistent basis AND makes plays.

yordad
12-23-2009, 04:29 PM
absolutely not

he'll never be Dwight Freeney. he's who he is. If you as a bills fan can't appreciate a Pro Bowl Defensive End like him for that then why do you even root for the team?Great post, but I'm not entirely sure he did work as hard as he could have. Well, at least not the last couple years.

Schobel wasn't just a "high motor" guy. Heck, he had a 4.75 combine 40 and a 38 in vertical, that is pretty darn good for a DE. He was 263lbs at the time. His NFL playing weight now is only 243lbs. He is, but more "was", a beast. A couple years ago he looked and performed significantly stronger. I know he lost weight, but I think it was from slacking, not dieting.

Plus, the dude wasn't exactly a leader. He shunned team captain responsibilities. His infrequent interviews suck. And, in the ones I have seen, he kinda seems like a jerk. I have never heard of him donating his time, and I never heard of the Aaron Schobel foundation. Etc..

I think he just figures he is rich enough already, and doesn't really want to waist his time lifting weights, and working hard anymore. Plus, I think he fears an injury.

tampabay25690
12-23-2009, 04:32 PM

What a STUPID post

yordad
12-23-2009, 04:36 PM
I wish his problem was keeping weight down. Maybe then he would entertain a move to the Left side.

Mahdi
12-23-2009, 04:46 PM
absolutely not

Schobel is nowhere near the top 5 for DEs in this decade.

The problem with Schobel is that he is being paid like a top tier DE but in reality he is a second tier guy.

He relies on hard work to get sacks and it has gotten him plenty of them but he is not a pass rusher.

A pass rusher is a guy who routinely pressures a QB on passing downs even if he doesn't get there for the sack.

Schobel was paid so much cuz we had no other options at DE but to keep him and pay him market value for a top DE after he had a 14.5 sack season.

You're right, Schobel is what he is. Which is a second tier DE.

DrGraves
12-23-2009, 04:49 PM
see ya #94 thank you for a decade of mediocrity....

you weren't bad i have to admit but we need champion level players, of which you were not.

Ground Chuck
12-23-2009, 05:38 PM
Schobel has slowed down since his injury last year, but he certainly isn't a liability. I would prefer that he come back or else we'd have another hole to fill

k-oneputt
12-23-2009, 05:41 PM
He shouldn't have even brought it up until the season was over anyways.

Luisito23
12-23-2009, 06:12 PM

Our season has been over months ago.

Ingtar33
12-23-2009, 06:21 PM
Our season has been over months ago.

our season was over and over and over and over and over again when they...

-kept Jauron
-they traded Peters
-they cut Dockery
-the cut Walker
-fired the OC

anyone who thought we stood a chance after each of these moves was kidding themselves... oh... we probably could have survived one of those moves... maybe two of them... but not more.

Luisito23
12-23-2009, 06:27 PM
Yeah Ingtar, funny how by just signing TO they managed to fool everyone though.

yordad
12-23-2009, 06:51 PM
Yeah, don't yall just love that they cut Walker because they didn't fell he could run the no-huddle, then right after the Raiders signed him the Bills scraped the no-huddle. WTF.

Walker, IMO, was a solid, consistent, and reliably healthy starter.

Dying_-2-_Live
12-23-2009, 06:56 PM
even though schobel isnt the player he once was... he would be a great lose and we would have to seriously look at drafting DE within the first 3 picks

TacklingDummy
12-23-2009, 07:13 PM
Pass rush the past 10 years has been just as big of a problem as QB play.

dannyek71
12-23-2009, 08:12 PM
If you watch him, he never looks like he wants to be there. This is true from training camp practice, to autograph sessions, to games. You can tell he is just going through the motions.

See if we can trade him to get something out of him. Yes, our team will miss him, but at this point, I think that it is the best that can be done.

BertSquirtgum
12-23-2009, 10:05 PM
you can't blame him. this team has been a joke ever since he was drafted.

k-oneputt
12-23-2009, 10:25 PM
our season was over and over and over and over and over again when they...

-kept Jauron
-they traded Peters
-they cut Dockery
-the cut Walker
-fired the OC

anyone who thought we stood a chance after each of these moves was kidding themselves... oh... we probably could have survived one of those moves... maybe two of them... but not more.

It's about having some profesionalism. He's a veteran and he should lead, even though he doesn't.

Owen DeBoard
12-24-2009, 12:05 PM
It's about having some profesionalism. He's a veteran and he should lead, even though he doesn't.
I guess Dwight Freeney is a professional either. I dont see him being a leader. How about Julius Peppers is he a leader? If he is then why doesnt he give his best every down he plays? Its been said by many people that Peppers takes alot of plays off.

Owen DeBoard
12-24-2009, 12:06 PM
Schobel is nowhere near the top 5 for DEs in this decade.

The problem with Schobel is that he is being paid like a top tier DE but in reality he is a second tier guy.

He relies on hard work to get sacks and it has gotten him plenty of them but he is not a pass rusher.

A pass rusher is a guy who routinely pressures a QB on passing downs even if he doesn't get there for the sack.

Schobel was paid so much cuz we had no other options at DE but to keep him and pay him market value for a top DE after he had a 14.5 sack season.

You're right, Schobel is what he is. Which is a second tier DE.
How about you give us your top 5 DE in this decade then.

Owen DeBoard
12-24-2009, 12:08 PM

Keep dreaming of finding that big time DE thats big enough to handle the run game and get off blocks because as long as we are running the cover 2 we will have undersized DEs.

k-oneputt
12-24-2009, 02:51 PM
I guess Dwight Freeney is a professional either. I dont see him being a leader. How about Julius Peppers is he a leader? If he is then why doesnt he give his best every down he plays? Its been said by many people that Peppers takes alot of plays off.

It's about waiting until the season is over. Why anounce a possible retirement with two weeks to go ?

Personally I could care less if he retires.

Mahdi
12-24-2009, 06:05 PM
How about you give us your top 5 DE in this decade then.
Freeney, Mathis, Peppers, Strahan, Jason Taylor, Suggs, John Abraham, Seymour.

That's 8 that are better than Schobel. And I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

casdhf
12-25-2009, 09:50 AM
Schobel's been my favorite Bill. I love that he just shuts up and plays.