PDA

View Full Version : Playing Time for Hardy?

Beastie Bills
12-24-2009, 08:42 AM
Playing time for Hardy?

Chris Brown
Posted December 24th, 2009

There were some interesting comments made by Terrell Owens regarding the possible chance for James Hardy to get on the field this weekend.

Owens when asked to reflect on his season in Buffalo commented on how he has helped some of the younger receivers on the roster.

“I’ve been here to help a lot of young guys kind of blossom their skills and perfect their craft,” said Owens. “James (Hardy) was itching to get on the field and he’ll get his chance this weekend to play a little bit.”

That doesn’t sound overly promising, but it’s a strong indication that he’ll be active this weekend. If it’s accurate perhaps some of the reasoning lies in the fact that Brian Brohm while running the scout team in practice the past five weeks has been throwing mainly to Justin Jenkins and James Hardy. There’s some on field chemistry between Brohm and Hardy, at least more than with some of the starting wideouts, who Brohm only threw to on Wednesday for the first time.

But when interim head coach Perry Fewell was asked about that possibility he was pretty clear.
“That doesn’t make its likely that Hardy would get on the field,” said Fewell. ”I’m still interested in getting the best 45 on the field for game day. With our situation we have several people that are out. If I’m able to put James or Steve Johnson on that 45 on Sunday I will do so. That doesn’t mean that if Brian plays or Ryan plays, it doesn’t guarantee that those young men will play.”

The Juice Is Loose
12-24-2009, 08:54 AM
I hate Fewell

2 more games.

Forward_Lateral
12-24-2009, 10:13 AM
If Brohm doesn't start, I'm boycotting watching the game.

patmoran2006
12-24-2009, 12:20 PM
Hardy wasn't at practice today.. I haven't found out why

yordad
12-26-2009, 07:52 AM
Hardy wasn't at practice today.. I haven't found out whyAnything new on this?

Yasgur's Farm
12-26-2009, 08:03 AM
I read somewhere yesterday that he was still expected to be active... I'll see if I can find it.

Yasgur's Farm
12-26-2009, 08:18 AM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/12/25/bills-injury-report/

Here’s the stątus of Buffalo’s injured players for Sunday’s game.
QB Trent Edwards – out (ankle)
LB Bryan Scott – out (head)
S Todd Johnson – out (hamstring)
QB Ryan Fitzpatrick – ques. (Ankle)
CB Drayton Florence – ques. (Illness)
LB Ashlee Palmer – ques.
WR Josh Reed – ques. (Ankle)
WR James Hardy was removed from the injury report Friday after practicing fully Friday. He missed Thursday’s practice due to illness.