PDA

View Full Version : If Schobel retires...

Dying_-2-_Live
12-24-2009, 10:18 AM
I say we select DE Derrick Morgan
Guy has got some skill... let him, a veteran, and Maybin take care of DE spot. Go OT in the second...
Not sure what to do about QB (Brohm?)

Mahdi
12-24-2009, 10:21 AM
I say we select DE Derrick Morgan
Guy has got some skill... let him, a veteran, and Maybin take care of DE spot. Go OT in the second...
Not sure what to do about QB (Brohm?)
He might be my favorite prospect in the draft. I want this guy. He is 6'3 270, great speed and pass rush ability and solid against the run.

He reminds me of Trent Cole.

OpIv37
12-24-2009, 10:21 AM
you know, in the last 3 seasons, the FO re-signed Schobel, Kelsay and Denney, drafted Ellis, drafted Maybin, signed Hargrove and signed Spencer Johnson (he's usually DT but does play some situational DE).

How can we make that many moves at one position and STILL need DE's?

Mahdi
12-24-2009, 10:29 AM
you know, in the last 3 seasons, the FO re-signed Schobel, Kelsay and Denney, drafted Ellis, drafted Maybin, signed Hargrove and signed Spencer Johnson (he's usually DT but does play some situational DE).

How can we make that many moves at one position and STILL need DE's?
Because out of all the players we have had at DE only Maybin has real talent and so far it is only potential.

PECKERWOOD
12-24-2009, 10:40 AM
Derrick Morgan is a good player, I wouldn't be upset with it.

EDS
12-24-2009, 11:32 AM
Derrick Morgan is a good player, I wouldn't be upset with it.

Agreed. If Schobel is retiring then the Bills will have a need at DE of biblical proportions. Unfortunately, the same could be said for starting left offensive tackle, linebacker, quarterback, etc.

Owen DeBoard
12-24-2009, 12:12 PM
Because out of all the players we have had at DE only Maybin has real talent and so far it is only potential.
I have to disagree Maybin doent have any real talent since he hasnt done a ****ing thing but sit out of training camp and demand more money for his overrated ass. Schobel is the only one with real talent.

DraftBoy
12-24-2009, 12:12 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to that, though right now Im not sure Morgan's stock is top 10 high but it could certainly get there.

patmoran2006
12-24-2009, 12:20 PM
I would be sick to my stomach if we had to draft another DE early on after taking Maybin 11th overall this year and Ellis in round three the year before.

Disgusting front office management, I swear. .That's just brutal

EDS
12-24-2009, 01:05 PM
I would be sick to my stomach if we had to draft another DE early on after taking Maybin 11th overall this year and Ellis in round three the year before.

No different than what the front office has done with respect to defensive backs in the past few years.

Mahdi
12-24-2009, 05:54 PM

You need two DEs in the NFL. Schobel and Kelsay are done and Morgan brings size and speed to our DL.