• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coach Sal
    • Aug 2006

Brohm takes all 1st team reps today at practice

....at least for the media portion of practice, according to WGR website:

Brian Brohm was taking all of the reps with the first team offense during the 15-minute media access portion of Bills practice today. Ryan Fitzpatrick walked off to the trainer's room at the start of the session, but returned about five minutes in. He wasn't wearing a helmet, but did join Brohm and Gibran Hamdan on the field. Fitzpatrick did not throw a pass.
    Western New York’s number one source for daily sports talk and play-by-play as the flagship station of the Bills and Sabres. Stream, read and download WGR 550 AM from any device on Audacy
    Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage
  • homeslice5484
    • Jul 2008

Re: Brohm takes all 1st team reps today at practice

I still got a bad feeling Fitz starts, but theres a good chance he will re injure the ankle on a sack and Brohm will have to play. Or he sucks for most of the game.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

So is Edwards done for the year?
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• trapezeus
        Legendary Zoner
        • Oct 2004

Fitz at anything other than 100% scares me. it isn't like he's a rocket armed qb who can throw without his legs. JP, boeller, and a handful of other guys can just sling it without using their legs...Fitz isnt' that guy.

Fewell went from a coach at 2-2 with some emotion, some good things going his way to seeming way over his head. Unless brohm really doesn't get anything, i can't see why he doesn't just roll with the youngsters. shouldn't this inability to get rookies onto the field and up to game speed really be a damning thing on the coaches?

Shouldn't a front office be like, "we find you players, play them. If they aren't ready, get them ready. We don't have 6 years to get Chris ellis ready to be an every down player. he's a third round pick, he was suppose to help transition if and when schobel left, and we have no idea what we have in him. We have no idea what we have in Brohm. We have no idea what we have in the young LB corp. we have no idea what we have in the young WRs, we have no idea about anything.

Comment

• RockStar36
          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
          So is Edwards done for the year?
          Yes

D & S Sports

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Edwards is unofficially done, though they haven't IR'd him because of some financial reason which to be honest I'm not sure about.

As for Brohm, I think tomorrow is the day. If Fitzpatrick is unable to participate in practice on Friday, then I think Brohm will start.

James Hardy wasn't at practice today, at least the media portion. I do not know why he wasn't, but I have heard that he is slated to be active on Sunday for the first time this year.

And just a thought about Brohm. I'd be careful what I wished for. I"m not sure that I'd want him under center on an OL that includes J. Scott and K. Chambers blocking for him. Potentially, it could hurt him, both literally and figuratively more than it helps him. I'm really torn on it.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• RockStar36
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by patmoran2006
              Edwards is unofficially done, though they haven't IR'd him because of some financial reason which to be honest I'm not sure about.

As for Brohm, I think tomorrow is the day. If Fitzpatrick is unable to participate in practice on Friday, then I think Brohm will start.

James Hardy wasn't at practice today, at least the media portion. I do not know why he wasn't, but I have heard that he is slated to be active on Sunday for the first time this year.

And just a thought about Brohm. I'd be careful what I wished for. I"m not sure that I'd want him under center on an OL that includes J. Scott and K. Chambers blocking for him. Potentially, it could hurt him, both literally and figuratively more than it helps him. I'm really torn on it.
              I doubt they announce it. For starters, tomorrow is Christmas so I'm pretty sure everyone has the day off, or I would hope so. Second, Fewell would never want to tip his hand to Atlanta. I mean, it's a huge game and he doesn't want to give Atlanta any edge.

Ugh.

D & S Sports

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
                I doubt they announce it. For starters, tomorrow is Christmas so I'm pretty sure everyone has the day off, or I would hope so. Second, Fewell would never want to tip his hand to Atlanta. I mean, it's a huge game and he doesn't want to give Atlanta any edge.

Ugh.
                They aren't off tomorrow

Comment

• RockStar36
                  • Sep 2004

They aren't off tomorrow
                  Wow, that is awful. Not only are they preparing for a meaningless game, but they have to work on Christmas.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Goobylal
                    • Jan 2004

I disagree with a QB who truly has "it" getting hurt figuratively behind a bad O-line. A mentally tough QB can shake-off bad protection, even if he ends up getting nailed repeatedly. Manning got sacked 4 times his first game as a rookie.

Now if Brohm gets injured, that's a different story. Although it might shed light on whether he's too injury-prone, like Trent is. So seeing him play is valuable in several respects.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Goobylal
                      I disagree with a QB who truly has "it" getting hurt figuratively behind a bad O-line. A mentally tough QB can shake-off bad protection, even if he ends up getting nailed repeatedly. Manning got sacked 4 times his first game as a rookie.

Now if Brohm gets injured, that's a different story. Although it might shed light on whether he's too injury-prone, like Trent is. So seeing him play is valuable in several respects.
                      if it were up to me he would've been starting two weeks ago.

Comment

• BillsWin
                        man amongst boys
                        • Oct 2008

Wow, that is awful. Not only are they preparing for a meaningless game, but they have to work on Christmas.

No wonder Schobel wants to retire.

If I were in his shoes I would want to retire too. year after year of heart breaking losses, division woes, no playoffs, meaningless games and pissed off fans and players.

Time to wave the white flag.
                        I am The Batman.

Comment

• Goobylal
                          • Jan 2004

if it were up to me he would've been starting two weeks ago.
                          I hear ya.

Comment

• BillsWin
                            man amongst boys
                            • Oct 2008

I agree with Pat, except I believe Brohm should have been getting reps with our offense even before that. Possibly when Edwards was benched at Tennessee. We knew what we had in Edwards and he knew the offense well enough that Brohm should have been worked in with the second team. I will pray he doesn't get mauled because our o-line sucks.
                            I am The Batman.

Comment

• streetkings01
                              • Jul 2006

From listening to the HCs talk on sirius radio......they'll give the players time in the morning to spend with their family then they come in and watch film and they end the day w/ the players having enough time to spend a decent amount of hours with the fam. Dont forget their $350K-$10mill salaries should soften the blow of working on Xmas.
                              You can call me streetkings

Comment

Working...
                              X