PDA

View Full Version : Brian Griese cut by Denver

Ebenezer
06-02-2003, 03:45 PM
Broncos save $4.9 million on cap. How long before he is signed by Miami??

WCoastFin
06-02-2003, 04:05 PM
As Bill Fans do you guys think its a good thing Miami signs Greise???

Novacane
06-02-2003, 04:06 PM
He is no improvement over Fiedler IMO. If he will be your backup than you improved over lucas.

Tom D
06-02-2003, 04:10 PM
It's been a done deal for a while.. just got to let the paperwork go through

Stewie
06-02-2003, 05:49 PM
Could create a qb controversy... Not worried about him on the field.. him and fiedler are about equal imo

RedEyE
06-02-2003, 05:55 PM
He would be a Dolphin today if his father had anything to do with it.

I actually think that Griese will fit in very nicely in Miami. I never thought he was all that bad in Denver.

German
06-02-2003, 08:43 PM
RedEye,

totally agree with you. I think he was a victim of the system Shannahan has them playinhg over there. From what I've seen he's got good mechanics and a decent arm. Pair him with a good QB coach and he's going to be a good one.

Dozerdog
06-02-2003, 08:52 PM
Give him a running game and he's a competent QB.

Hey German, great to see ya again!

Typ0
06-02-2003, 10:07 PM
Brian Griese in Miami sucks for the Bills. Fiedler is a pathetic excuse for a pro QB on a decently staffed team. But Griese on the other hand can be a QB machine if he stays healthy and focused.

Mr. Miyagi
06-02-2003, 10:27 PM
...also if he quits tripping over dogs and falling down on driveways.

lordofgun
06-02-2003, 10:32 PM
Griese is a much better QB than Fiedler ever will be. It's a smart move by the fins. But of course, they're going to screw it up and make him Fiedler's backup. :snicker:

Earthquake Enyart
06-03-2003, 07:26 AM
Hope they give em $4 mil, and they could head right into the RJ Flutie style cap hell.

Turf
06-03-2003, 07:43 AM
Maybe we can sign him at the minimum. At least we could have some comic relief every time he trips over something.

Typ0
06-03-2003, 09:15 AM
Griese is a much better QB than Fiedler ever will be. It's a smart move by the fins. But of course, they're going to screw it up and make him Fiedler's backup.

This is pretty pathetic isn't it? If it plays out this way it will be Wanny's last season as a coach in the NFL. I can't wait to see the complete disarray in Miami though :D.

Jan Reimers
06-03-2003, 09:31 AM
We've already had Billy Joe H., Todd C. and RJ at QB. Haven't we had more than our fair share of clowns?

WG
06-03-2003, 09:36 AM
I agree w/ LOG. Griese's better than Fiedler, although neither is really Miami's problem. Fiedler was hurt for 6 games last year but was on pace for a TD/INT season about equal to what Drew had. In his third starting season he played well.

You have to keep in mind that the Fin WRs haven't always been great in the couple of seasons that Fiedler has been there. QB is not their problem, it's a general chemistry thing and coaching issues. Also injuries have played big for them. IMO Miami would have been 12-4+ last year if Fiedler hadn't gotten hurt.

Bringing Griese to Miami will divide the fans due to the fact that they are close enough to each other talent wise such that when Fiedler puts a couple of bad games back to back or if things don't go perfectly well, it'll be trouble.

I'm countin' on that hurting Miami this season.

I'm countin' on the Jets' D not being that great this season.

And I'm counting on the Pats not being that great b/c their O is gonna be worse than it was last year. Even w/ a great D, they're gonna be on the field an awful lot, so that'll hurt the D.

The only thing, IMO, that stands between the Bills and the division title is Gilbride.