• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Juice Is Loose
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Feb 2009

My last Brohm thread

You know, a lot of debate has been going on around here about Brohm, as to whether he can make an impact this week or into the future. We have no pro information on him, but we do have college information. In Louisville, Brohm ran a pro style, drop back and pass offense. And he had an illustrius career. Let's just take a look at how his college career stacks up against some of our recent mediocre QB's.

Brohm - 65.8 comp, 10,775 yds, 71td, 24picks.
    Edwards - 57%, 5100 yds, 36td, 26picks.
    Losman - 56%, 3600 yds, 27td, 13 picks

I don't even consider Fitzpatrick a real option at QB. He's a servicable backup who can scramble and make plays. If we had a solid run game, he could probably go 3-2 in a stretch if our team was strong and we had our starter out.

Look at Edwards and Losman. These are guys that came in and got thrown into the fire right away. How long did Trent have to develop? A couple OTA's, 4 weeks of training camp, 2 weeks of taking 2nd string snaps, and boom, starter.

Losman had half a training camp and broke his leg. Came back late in the year, threw a pick and New England and then got handed the job. He had the off season, but regardless, he looked completely lost from day one. (MAYBE, due to the fact he started 16 freaking games in college, this guy had a slightly higher experience level than Matt Cassel!!

Then you look at Brohm. This is a guy who is literally twice as accomplished as Trent and 3 times as accomplished as JP. He was playing top 25 teams on national television on a regular basis.

Now he's had 2 NFL training camps, 1 and 3 quarter years of practice on an NFL franchise. And he's watched Aaron Rodgers.

How can this not give you guys something to be excited about! Its not about the W or L these next two games. Its not about the stats. You will know from watching the kid play if he has it. I know I'll know.

What have we seen? Inaccuracy. Happy feet in the pocket. Fear of making the downfield throw, lack of arm strenth to make the down field throw. I'm lookin for poise and moxy this week.

If he's got it, I think he has the credentials to show that he can play this game on a regular basis, and he won't choke under pressure. This is a guy I believe who, with some talent around him, can be a solid starter on this team, in this climate, in this league.

Let's go Brohm!!!!!!!!!
  • homeslice5484
    • Jul 2008

Re: My last Brohm thread

it cant look any worse, both starting QBs are playing like rookies anyways...i know the line is bad, but good qbs who have the "IT" still make plays. Just ask Aaron Rodgers and Big Ben

Comment

• homeslice5484
      • Jul 2008

Listening to Perry talk, you would think Fitz was the next Peyton Manning

Comment

• Prov401
        President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
        • Aug 2008

I'm pretty excited about seeing the kid play.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by TE2Hard-E81
          I'm pretty excited about seeing the kid play.
          Me too. Certainly not expecting him to set the world on fire, but a spark that indicates he's worth at least bringing back next season in some role would be nice.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• djjimkelly
            • Apr 2003

we may have gotten real lucky and got our QB maybe GB just wasnt fit for him things like this have happened many times in the NFL spend 1 or 2 years somewhere then hit the right roster and boom

and yes he is the highest regarded coming out of college this franchise has had behind center since jim kelly

Comment

• Ingtar33
              Dances With Buffaloes
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by djjimkelly
              we may have gotten real lucky and got our QB maybe GB just wasnt fit for him things like this have happened many times in the NFL spend 1 or 2 years somewhere then hit the right roster and boom

and yes he is the highest regarded coming out of college this franchise has had behind center since jim kelly

well... drew bledsoe was no.1 pick overall...

but i get the point you're making.
              My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                Defies all logic
                • Oct 2006

Juice, this thread is delusional at it's best. Fitzpatrick should be the starter this week, having Brohm start is futile, he is a 3rd stringer here next year if he is even still on the roster.

Comment

• djjimkelly
                  • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                  well... drew bledsoe was no.1 pick overall...

but i get the point you're making.

i meant it as a start from scratch qb like losman,edwards i'll even say rob johnson

Comment

• BidsJr
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by PECKERWOOD
                    Juice, this thread is delusional at it's best. Fitzpatrick should be the starter this week, having Brohm start is futile, he is a 3rd stringer here next year if he is even still on the roster.

This post is a POS.
                    "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• The Juice Is Loose
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by BidsJr
                      This post is a POS.
                      the dude has no fing clue what hes talking about

Comment

• DrGraves
                        • Mar 2008

thanks for the thread... the fact that brohm saw more time in college than those guys and also had more success during that time makes me a little more optimistic about him. who knows what role he will play next year but i hope to see him succeed in the coming weeks!

Comment

• deviantwolf
                          • Sep 2008

I'm just upset I probably won't catch this game. Living in Southern Indiana now it's not easy to pick up Bills games.

Not that I really cared about watching them this year but I wanted to see this game. Kinda feel like I should be watching since I'm a current U of L student.

Comment

• mush69
                            • Jan 2003

I watched the interview with Brohm yesterday and then rewatched this morning. I gotta say that this kid has a different attitude about him. I just may have to sit down and watch this game this week.

The last couple of games just haven't give me any real reason to watch.
                            Don't Mistake Lack Of Talent For Genius

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                              short bus extraordinaire
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Juice Is Loose
                              In Louisville, Brohm ran a pro style, drop back and pass offense.

but according to Schonert, the Bills are running a Pop Warner offense. Brohm may not be used to that. :chug:
                              Originally posted by yordad
                              Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
                              X