We currently pick 7th going into this weekend's game..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • T-Long
    Circling the Wagons since 1982.
    • Sep 2003

We currently pick 7th going into this weekend's game..

Based on strength of schedule heading into the ATL game, the Bills are picking 7th.

Here is why:

The Bills, Raiders, Bears, and Seahawks are all tied with 5-9 records thus far. Here is their opponents winning %:

Raiders: 54%
    Bears: 48%
    Sea: 47%
    Bills: 46%

Obviously this will change once we play (lose) to the Colts, meaning our percentage will go up just by playing them.

With all that being said, let's see who you would pick if this scenario played out.

1. STL: Jimmy Claussen QB ND
    2. DET: Ndamukong Suh DT NEB
    3. TB: Gerald McCoy DET OKLA
    4. CLE: Sam Bradford QB OKLA
    5. KC: Russell Okung OT OK ST
    6. WAS: Eric Berry S TENN
    7. BUF: ?

I think it's a mix of OT Bruce Campbell, LB Rolando McClain, WR Dez Bryant

I'm going Campbell. Who do you got?
    Last edited by T-Long; 12-25-2009, 07:37 PM.
  • T-Long
    • Sep 2003

Re: We currently pick 7th going into this weekend's game..

Walterfootball.com and Great Blue North Draft website have conflicting strength of schedule percentages. So, I'm not sure who's is correct, but make your pick anyways.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
      • Feb 2005

LB Rolando McClain

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

Dez Bryant.

And yes, with Reed and Owens gone WR is a big need unless Hardy comes along quickly.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
          • Feb 2005

Campbell and Bryant would be good picks as well... I'd also consider DE Derrick Morgan.

Comment

• Raptor
            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by T-Long
            Walterfootball.com and Great Blue North Draft website have conflicting strength of schedule percentages. So, I'm not sure who's is correct, but make your pick anyways.

Great Blue does the entire Strength of schedule while Walter only does it up to the games the team has played to this point

Comment

• T-Long
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Raptor
              Great Blue does the entire Strength of schedule while Walter only does it up to the games the team has played to this point
              Great info. Thanks man. So, right now we are 9th, but still fun to pick in case we were 7th. What else is there to do tonight watching this blowout between the Chargers and Titans?

Comment

• realdealryan
                realdealrex
                • Nov 2005

Speaking of tonight's blowout, McNeill is OWNING Vanden Bosch. We need a LT, stat.

Comment

• casdhf
                  • Jul 2002

It has to be Bryant here.
                  Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                  cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

Awful tough to pass on Bryant in this situation, but unless an LT is picked up in FA you have to go with Campbell.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BillsWin
                      man amongst boys
                      • Oct 2008

At 7, Campbell is a solid pick, but Dez Bryant is a star... It would be difficult for me, if I were a GM, to pass on a talent like Dez Bryant.

I agree with your pick T-Long, but I would pick Bryant.
                      I am The Batman.

Comment

• DrGraves
                        • Mar 2008

Take Bryant, trade for Vick, bring in the best free agent OT

Comment

• Buddo
                          • Mar 2007

Unless, or until, the O-Line is fixed, there's probably little point in picking the 'skill' offensive positions.. Much will depend on where we finally pick, and also who we think will still be available at that point. FA will once again have a big part to play in this. Get a LT in FA, and we can probably think in terms of bpa at that point, as the margins between available players and needs would be small. If we can't get a LT in FA, we are really going to have to make a large decision at that point, as there is undeniably some serious talent available, at positions where we may well be lacking.
                          The other conundrum will be what system we will be playing on D for the foreseeable future, as that will also impact greatly what we are going to do.
                          There's a long way to go yet, and although I firmly believe we should fix the O-Line before anything else (including QB), I'd be reluctant to pick Campbell that early. I believe the draft board gave him a mid 1st to mid 2nd round grade, and that is probably due to his relative inexperience in coming out as a junior.
                          I'm tempted to go LB, as that's another serious need, but I think you can still improve in that area in FA or further down the draft. Bryant would therefore have to be the pick.

Comment

• yordad
                            • Dec 2007

Well, we need to address the line predraft, IMO. Mallett could be an option here, and I am very interested in his workouts. In a perfect world, Hardy, Johnson, AND Brohm are our future, McNeil is signed away from the Chargers, and we can grab McClain.

As is, and as of today, I am really torn between the potential on our roster. Our line has some young talent (counting the injured, of course), and I think our QB position does too all of a sudden. At this point, the tie goes to the big men.

I would probably grab Campbell.
                            "Heck, now I am glad his overrated arce made the pro bowl, else we would have only got a 3rd." ~ yordad

"I've just been hit with a piece of sky. " ~ yordad

"Forgive my opinion, but...." ~ yordad

"Warning: I might be hammered." ~ yordad

"I don't care if the word is "your" or "you're", so buzz off. Its (it's) a frickin(') message board." ~ yordad

Comment

• Luisito23
                              Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                              • Apr 2003

If Dez Bryant is there, you snag him and run as fast as you can.
                              "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                              ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                              ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                              ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

Working...
                              X