PDA

View Full Version : We currently pick 7th going into this weekend's game..

T-Long
12-25-2009, 07:37 PM
Based on strength of schedule heading into the ATL game, the Bills are picking 7th.

Here is why:

The Bills, Raiders, Bears, and Seahawks are all tied with 5-9 records thus far. Here is their opponents winning %:

Raiders: 54%
Bears: 48%
Sea: 47%
Bills: 46%

Obviously this will change once we play (lose) to the Colts, meaning our percentage will go up just by playing them.

With all that being said, let's see who you would pick if this scenario played out.

1. STL: Jimmy Claussen QB ND
2. DET: Ndamukong Suh DT NEB
3. TB: Gerald McCoy DET OKLA
4. CLE: Sam Bradford QB OKLA
5. KC: Russell Okung OT OK ST
6. WAS: Eric Berry S TENN
7. BUF: ?

I think it's a mix of OT Bruce Campbell, LB Rolando McClain, WR Dez Bryant

I'm going Campbell. Who do you got?

T-Long
12-25-2009, 07:43 PM
Walterfootball.com and Great Blue North Draft website have conflicting strength of schedule percentages. So, I'm not sure who's is correct, but make your pick anyways.

Yasgur's Farm
12-25-2009, 07:43 PM
LB Rolando McClain

Dr. Lecter
12-25-2009, 07:46 PM
Dez Bryant.

And yes, with Reed and Owens gone WR is a big need unless Hardy comes along quickly.

Yasgur's Farm
12-25-2009, 08:00 PM
Campbell and Bryant would be good picks as well... I'd also consider DE Derrick Morgan.

Raptor
12-25-2009, 08:37 PM
Walterfootball.com and Great Blue North Draft website have conflicting strength of schedule percentages. So, I'm not sure who's is correct, but make your pick anyways.

Great Blue does the entire Strength of schedule while Walter only does it up to the games the team has played to this point

T-Long
12-25-2009, 08:45 PM
Great Blue does the entire Strength of schedule while Walter only does it up to the games the team has played to this point

Great info. Thanks man. So, right now we are 9th, but still fun to pick in case we were 7th. What else is there to do tonight watching this blowout between the Chargers and Titans?

realdealryan
12-25-2009, 08:58 PM
Speaking of tonight's blowout, McNeill is OWNING Vanden Bosch. We need a LT, stat.

casdhf
12-25-2009, 08:59 PM
It has to be Bryant here.

YardRat
12-25-2009, 09:07 PM
Awful tough to pass on Bryant in this situation, but unless an LT is picked up in FA you have to go with Campbell.

BillsWin
12-25-2009, 09:11 PM
At 7, Campbell is a solid pick, but Dez Bryant is a star... It would be difficult for me, if I were a GM, to pass on a talent like Dez Bryant.

I agree with your pick T-Long, but I would pick Bryant.

DrGraves
12-25-2009, 10:33 PM
Take Bryant, trade for Vick, bring in the best free agent OT

Buddo
12-26-2009, 05:36 AM
Unless, or until, the O-Line is fixed, there's probably little point in picking the 'skill' offensive positions.. Much will depend on where we finally pick, and also who we think will still be available at that point. FA will once again have a big part to play in this. Get a LT in FA, and we can probably think in terms of bpa at that point, as the margins between available players and needs would be small. If we can't get a LT in FA, we are really going to have to make a large decision at that point, as there is undeniably some serious talent available, at positions where we may well be lacking.
The other conundrum will be what system we will be playing on D for the foreseeable future, as that will also impact greatly what we are going to do.
There's a long way to go yet, and although I firmly believe we should fix the O-Line before anything else (including QB), I'd be reluctant to pick Campbell that early. I believe the draft board gave him a mid 1st to mid 2nd round grade, and that is probably due to his relative inexperience in coming out as a junior.
I'm tempted to go LB, as that's another serious need, but I think you can still improve in that area in FA or further down the draft. Bryant would therefore have to be the pick.

yordad
12-26-2009, 06:52 AM
Well, we need to address the line predraft, IMO. Mallett could be an option here, and I am very interested in his workouts. In a perfect world, Hardy, Johnson, AND Brohm are our future, McNeil is signed away from the Chargers, and we can grab McClain.

As is, and as of today, I am really torn between the potential on our roster. Our line has some young talent (counting the injured, of course), and I think our QB position does too all of a sudden. At this point, the tie goes to the big men.

I would probably grab Campbell.

Luisito23
12-26-2009, 06:58 AM
If Dez Bryant is there, you snag him and run as fast as you can.

tampabay25690
12-26-2009, 08:03 AM
I say McClain best LB in the draft and will help this team FAST...
Need to really look at Defense and fast.
I think OL will be looked at in FA...

tampabay25690
12-26-2009, 08:04 AM

I would be fine with doing that...

kernowboy
12-26-2009, 09:02 AM
Drafting anyone else but BRUCE CAMPBELL here will be an act of lunacy meaning it will be enough 12 months before we have a sniff of the post season.

Why?

- How are we going to get the ball to Bryant when the QB is flat on his back and on his way to IR because the turnstyle at LT has let another pass rusher through?

- With LTs in FA worth their weight in gold, the only player available is McNeill who will be franchised or who we will be outbid for by the likes of Dallas, Washington etc. Whoever thinks Alex Barron is the answer has been smoking too much weed. LT become available in free agency because they are too injured and because they have lost a step.

This franchise for once needs to make an intelligent decision. We must not draft a so-called skilled player until we have sorted out LT. To draft anyone but a left tackle here will be criminal.

As for Bryant he has missed most of his junior season for violating NCAA rules which means he has played up to sophmore level at college only with only a couple of games as a junior. He is not particularly fast and has had particularly lapses of focus which suggest his nearest current NFL equivalent is Braylon Edwards with his lapses in concentration and multiple drops. He is definitely not another Andre or Calvin Johnson and on some mocks I have seen him graded below Damian Williams of USC.

Despite all the gaudy numbers as a sophmore, drafting Bryant over the immeasurably desperate need of a quality LT to keep our QB alive would be an act of ridiculous arrogance and idiocy by the front office.

BRUCE CAMPBELL or another LT ... MUST BE THE DECISION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kernowboy
12-26-2009, 09:05 AM

There is no way a decent free agent OT will become available. There is no way we'll be able to get McNeill and someone like Barron is not an upgrade over Bell.

Bryant does not have that much experience and has much a chance of being a bust as the majority of WR taken in R1 have been this decade.

We draft a LT or we condemn this franchise to losing until it is sold to an owner and see the team called the LA Bills.

T-Long
12-26-2009, 09:10 AM
I picked Campbell too, but here is what I am worried about. As long as Modrak/Brandon/Guy are running the show, who knows where they will go with the pick. The one thing we do know for certain is that we will be picking in the Top 10. The last two times we had that high of a pick, we took:

OT Mike Williams
S Donte Whitner

Yuck.

Let's hope that they bring in a "football" guy and straighten this out and actually start drafting well. Pat's article of the Bills draft history says it all...

kernowboy
12-26-2009, 09:10 AM
Personally if we need a WR I'd like to add Naaman Roosevelt in the 4th. Had a very nice junior season of 1,409yds, is almost as big as Bryant and a step quicker. He'd certainly be a nice compliment to Evans and without being able to get the ball to the WR, anyone be draft before an LT will be James Hardy Mk2

kernowboy
12-26-2009, 09:11 AM
I picked Campbell too, but here is what I am worried about. As long as Modrak/Brandon/Guy are running the show, who knows where they will go with the pick. The one thing we do know for certain is that we will be picking in the Top 10. The last two times we had that high of a pick, we took:

OT Mike Williams
S Donte Whitner

Yuck.

Let's hope that they bring in a "football" guy and straighten this out and actually start drafting well. Pat's article of the Bills draft history says it all...

If we pick Bryant then we can add his name to the list. In some mocks I've seen him as high as No4 and as low as No27. Thats way too great a range for a sure thing.

T-Long
12-26-2009, 09:21 AM
If we pick Bryant then we can add his name to the list. In some mocks I've seen him as high as No4 and as low as No27. Thats way too great a range for a sure thing.
Oh I didn't make that post in reference to picking Bryant, I'm just worried about us picking in the Top 10 and missing. I really feel like McLain could be a star in the making, and it will allow us to move Posz to the outside where he was most successful in college.

Not knowing who is going to be running the show is seriously driving me nuts. I JUST WANT AN ANSWER! Once we know, we will be able to speculate with more merit than just throwing out our opinions. If we get a GM in place, we could then know who he has worked with in the past and who he had the most success with. That way, we could have a better idea on what coach he will bring in and what defense they usually run.

Patiently waiting......

TacklingDummy
12-26-2009, 10:23 AM
Picking WR is stupid when you don't have anyone to throw him the ball.

Dying_-2-_Live
12-26-2009, 10:28 AM
Picking WR is stupid when you don't have anyone to throw him the ball.
Exactly... we have all the talent is the world at WR... and we still wont see one of them reach 1,000 yards

SABURZFAN
12-26-2009, 10:31 AM

that OT would have to be a RT to protect Vick's back. just sayin....

BillsWin
12-26-2009, 05:12 PM
I see us addressing LT in free agency with Marcus McNeil. I am running on the assumption that Wood will need longer to come back to football (that injury was really bad.)

Running with that, I see a line of McNeil, Levitre, Hangnarter, Incognito, Butler.

Which in my honest opinion, is not a bad looking line.

That leaves us open to go QB, WR, LB, or DT first. Take the top talent.

X-Era
12-26-2009, 05:18 PM
Id take:

Dez Bryant
Derrick Morgan
Bruce Campbell
Rolando McClain
Trent Williams

In that order

Akhippo
12-26-2009, 05:39 PM
SD is really hurting without a Calvin or Andre Johnson in their lineup. Who are their receivers again that are making Rivers and MVP candidate?

A QB makes a receiver ALOT more than the other way around.

If you gave me a choice between selecting a Ray Lewis in prime or Andre Johnson in prime for this team right now it would have to be R Lewis. Give me a stud ILB over a stud WR.

I would love G McCoy in the first and a OLman in the second but that is slipping away with our valuable wins against KC and others.