PDA

View Full Version : Maybe it's just wishful thinking

Yasgur's Farm
12-26-2009, 08:23 AM
I like everything about the way this kid looks in this video.
http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/videos/Bills-Roundup-Brohm-Practices-with-First-Team/973e3fb2-cfe3-4fce-a519-9cdd1d683283

djjimkelly
12-26-2009, 08:38 AM
this kid has a better resume coming out of college then trent and JP put together had he not been hurt his senior season he would have went much higher in draft and round 2 isnt shabby ill also trust the green bay organization.

last time nall was a bum but this time were gonna get lucky.

brohm gonna be the real deal

djjimkelly
12-26-2009, 08:40 AM
also this kid looks like he is ready to focus purely on football.

given his overall talent and work ethic he gonna work out fine as our qb next year.

we definately have to bring in a vet behind him but hes gonna be our guy

Yasgur's Farm
12-26-2009, 08:46 AM
I agree... Except I believe the vet they bring in will start while Brohm becomes Phillip Riverized.

yordad
12-26-2009, 09:20 AM
I believe this kid has one thing in mind: Playing football. Whereas I believe Trent's mind is elsewhere.

mybills
12-26-2009, 09:25 AM
But Buffalo has a way of destroying potentially great QB's. :ill:

mybills
12-26-2009, 09:30 AM
Josh Stamer sounds exactly like Peyton Manning. Same voice and accent!

djjimkelly
12-26-2009, 09:35 AM

well im sure an offensive mind is coming to be coach this time so at least we have that going for us.

SABURZFAN
12-26-2009, 09:58 AM
I like everything about the way this kid looks in this video.
http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/videos/Bills-Roundup-Brohm-Practices-with-First-Team/973e3fb2-cfe3-4fce-a519-9cdd1d683283

you said the same thing about Lossman so we'll just take your opinion with a grain of salt.

SABURZFAN
12-26-2009, 09:59 AM

name one. :tap:

Yasgur's Farm
12-26-2009, 10:03 AM
you said the same thing about Lossman so we'll just take your opinion with a grain of salt.Take it any way you like Sabz... I'm sure we all have a list of dead weight players we've endorsed at 1 time or another.

SABURZFAN
12-26-2009, 10:06 AM
Take it any way you like Sabz...

:snicker:

yordad
12-26-2009, 10:31 AM
Take it any way you like Sabz... I'm sure we all have a list of dead weight players we've endorsed at 1 time or another.But SABZ is never wrong because he waits for things to happen before he predicts them.

SABURZFAN
12-26-2009, 10:32 AM
:z:

ddaryl
12-26-2009, 10:35 AM
All I know is I'm looking forward to Brohm ball

trapezeus
12-26-2009, 10:49 AM
i have a feeling that he won't make a complete ass of himself this sunday. i'm not high on starting the kid with this coaching staff. a unit that has been under constant changes and has not taken one guy and made him better in their 3+ years here.

but how many more duds can we have play in a row? i mean statistically speaking, we have to turn the corner sooner than later, right?

shelby
12-26-2009, 11:04 AM
lol...no.
i'm looking forward to seeing what this kid has got.

justasportsfan
12-26-2009, 11:32 AM
When Trent was first thrown to the wolves , he did an admirable job. If Brohm can do better or equal , should be interesting with the new coaches next year. I hope he can throw the ball in tight places.

HAMMER
12-26-2009, 12:25 PM
You could put Manning behind our line and he would look similar to Shnitzpatrick. To think Brohm is going to come in and produce after three days running the starting O is folly.

Ingtar33
12-26-2009, 12:36 PM
You could put Manning behind our line and he would look similar to Shnitzpatrick. To think Brohm is going to come in and produce after three days running the starting O is folly.

that is an ignorant comment unless you've not been watching the colts at all this year... there isn't any appreciable difference between their o-line and ours... other then the penalties. Manning has been carrying a mediocre-to-bad line and brand new receiving corps on his shoulders this year.

but I'll agree with the general thought. other then Payton Manning (and maybe a few others) not many starting QBs in the NFL would look much better then our dynamic duo behind that joke of a line.

yordad
12-26-2009, 12:49 PM
Manning in B-lo would have equaled playoffs.

BillsWin
12-26-2009, 01:19 PM
I'm real excited to see what the kid has got. It is one of the only reasons why I will watch these next two games.

I wouldn't rule out the Bills kicking us fans in the nuts by starting Fitzpatrick though.

HAMMER
12-26-2009, 03:08 PM
that is an ignorant comment unless you've not been watching the colts at all this year... there isn't any appreciable difference between their o-line and ours... other then the penalties. Manning has been carrying a mediocre-to-bad line and brand new receiving corps on his shoulders this year.

but I'll agree with the general thought. other then Payton Manning (and maybe a few others) not many starting QBs in the NFL would look much better then our dynamic duo behind that joke of a line.

You call me ignorant but then agree with the general premise? I stand by my comment. I don't care who it is, when the route doesn't have enough time to develop you can't find the receiver.

PECKERWOOD
12-26-2009, 05:40 PM
There is no way he is the future here, I hate to sound like a broken record but it's true. We will draft a QB next year, if we don't that means Edwards is getting another year to prove himself.

BillsWin
12-26-2009, 05:46 PM
There is no way he is the future here, I hate to sound like a broken record but it's true. We will draft a QB next year, if we don't that means Edwards is getting another year to prove himself.

When you have proven nothing, are injury prone, afraid to throw downfield, begin to have an attitude with the media, lose the support of the fanbase and coaching staff, get benched for Ryan Fitzpatrick and when given yet another shot you get injured, you are not going to get another season.

Edwards is done in Buffalo.

So either Brohm shows enough in two games and the new staff builds a team around him, or we draft a QB round one.

It is by far the biggest need on this team.

yordad
12-26-2009, 05:48 PM
There is no way he is the future here, I hate to sound like a broken record but it's true. We will draft a QB next year, if we don't that means Edwards is getting another year to prove himself.Gez peckerwwod, I don't know you can make this post with a straight face. "No way... but it's true"? Unless you have a crystal ball, you have no friggin clue.

yordad
12-26-2009, 05:50 PM
begin to have an attitude with the mediaWhen? What did he say?

PECKERWOOD
12-26-2009, 05:57 PM
Gez peckerwwod, I don't know you can make this post with a straight face. "No way... but it's true"? Unless you have a crystal ball, you have no friggin clue.
Realistically, Brohm was signed what? 2 weeks ago maybe? Maybe sooner, maybe 1 week ago? Yet he is supposed to digest our playbook in that short period of time and play lights out? Even if he had more time, let's say a year.. What makes you think he would play well anyways? After all, he did get beat out by MATT FLYNN in Green Bay, whom I remember many draft pundits were extremely negative about while scouting him out. Riddle me this yordad and to all the homers out there who've been giving me crap about this, what exactly would Brian Brohm have to do in a 2-game span that would convince you he should be our starter next year?

Truth is, we'll have a new regime here next year and they will want their man and to be honest, no coach or qualified FO will release Trent Edwards for nothing in return, he will likely be our backup QB at the very least next year, which leaves one spot on the roster for our 3rd QB.. Brohm versus Fitz, only one of them can stay.

yordad
12-26-2009, 06:02 PM
Realistically, Brohm was signed what? 2 weeks ago maybe? Maybe sooner, maybe 1 week ago? Yet he is supposed to digest our playbook in that short period of time and play lights out? Even if he had more time, let's say a year.. What makes you think he would play well anyways? After all, he did get beat out by MATT FLYNN in Green Bay, whom I remember many draft pundits were extremely negative about while scouting him out. Riddle me this yordad and to all the homers out there who've been giving me crap about this, what exactly would Brian Brohm have to do in a 2-game span that would convince you he should be our starter next year?

Truth is, we'll have a new regime here next year and they will want their man and to be honest, no coach or qualified FO will release Trent Edwards for nothing in return, he will likely be our backup QB at the very least next year, which leaves one spot on the roster for our 3rd QB.. Brohm versus Fitz, only one of them can stay.He hasn't done anything lately to convince me, but to claim it isn't possible, and state it as a fact, is simply ridiculous.

PECKERWOOD
12-26-2009, 06:09 PM
He hasn't done anything lately to convince me, but to claim it isn't possible, and state it as a fact, is simply ridiculous.

I'm asking you, what would he have to do to prove himself to you in our final two games? What kind of benchmarks would he have to reach? It's a pretty straightforward question.

yordad
12-26-2009, 09:16 PM
I'm asking you, what would he have to do to prove himself to you in our final two games? What kind of benchmarks would he have to reach? It's a pretty straightforward question.Whether he does or doesn't do good in the final two games, neither output guarantees anything. All I know is, we do not know.

yordad
12-26-2009, 09:50 PM
I put the chances on him showing he can be a viable starter in this league next year at about 5-10%. This would mean we don't go after Vick, Carr, Garcia, etc., and we don't draft a QB in the first two rounds. His chances of convincing me are like 1 in 20 tops, but they are probably about 1-10 to those people that matter.

I put the chances on him showing he can compete for the starting job at about 50% (counting the previous 5-10%). This mean a vet is brought in and/or a top pic is used. Preferably both. This would mean he has to beat out some people in camp (like Fitz and Edwards, who are both still under contract, I believe). This will be based on potential.

I put the chances on him being an immediate improvement at about 50%. This is based on production.

I put the chances on him showing he will be in the mix for a roster stop at 85%.

I put the chances on him showing he is only worthy of a practice squad at about 15%. With all the cards stacked against him, this will be tough to do too.

Oh, these %s are based on the assumption he actually makes it through the game in one piece. Which I really put at about 50%, so if you want to, you can divide all those %s in half.

Oh, if you want to add in the Curse of the Ralph to it (it is on a cemetery), you can divide his chances of succeeding by three too.

So yeah, roughly about a 1.6% chance of Brohm taking the job and running.

And, actually, I think you offered to bet on this, I said sure. You accepted the terms pending JuiceisLoose's acceptance of a different bet. And then you dissed me. BTW, Fitz averages 164 yards per start, has a 6.3 ypa, a 55% completion %, and a 63.3 passer rating, hows 250 per stat sound? These stats are comparable because they are "averages" and there sample size need not be the same. If you can come up with some other common stat of similar nature, we can probably use that too. We can compare Fitz's average to Brohm's single game stats. (Again, if Typo and Griff don't mind). Obviously, if he gets knocked out of the game, you will very likely win the "yards per start" stat.

But, again, I don't know anything right now. I can only predict.

BillsWin
12-26-2009, 10:00 PM
When? What did he say?

It all started early this year when he started to show signs of regression. The media kind of pushed him on it, asking if his head injury last season has effected him. He was 'snippy'. Then the whole, "I'm not a fan of the Bills. I'm their quarterback." comment that pissed some fans off. There was a few other examples that people have brought up.