PDA

View Full Version : Fewell is a tool

X-Era
12-26-2009, 08:40 PM
This clown cant even see that the team has nothing left to play for other than evaluating players for our future and he isnt even willing to do that. He is willing to further prevent us from developing our future to put his best foot forward on a job that he doesnt even consider himself a candidate for yet.

This comment got me pretty ticked:

“That doesn’t make its likely that Hardy would get on the field,” said Fewell. ”I’m still interested in getting the best 45 on the field for game day. With our situation we have several people that are out. If I’m able to put James or Steve Johnson on that 45 on Sunday I will do so. That doesn’t mean that if Brian plays or Ryan plays, it doesn’t guarantee that those young men will play.”

So you should hold our future ransom for a job that you wont even admit you want? What a clown.

Id like him to be fired... but please interview him right before you fire him.

G Wolly
12-26-2009, 09:10 PM
First of all, we'll probably lose the last 2 whether we play them or sit them.

Secondly, what IS the point to throw the guys in there in the last 2 weeks? The games are meaningless so let the starters go out and play.

If Johnson goes out and gets injured and it ruins his career just for playing in a meaningless game, would it be worth it?

good things come to those who wait, and it's best to wait for next season.

X-Era
12-26-2009, 09:13 PM
First of all, we'll probably lose the last 2 whether we play them or sit them.

Secondly, what IS the point to throw the guys in there in the last 2 weeks? The games are meaningless so let the starters go out and play.

If Johnson goes out and gets injured and it ruins his career just for playing in a meaningless game, would it be worth it?

good things come to those who wait, and it's best to wait for next season.

The more we know about this current roster, the better.

Our next HC will have to evaluate every single player and decide what he wants to do.

Fewell is making that more difficult by denying these guys any playing time to show us what they have.

Secondly, none of these games are more likely to injure than any other, theres no reason to save them, we need to see them.

G Wolly
12-26-2009, 09:22 PM
That's why there's a pre-season.

Reed and Parrish will be gone next season. They'll get their time.

X-Era
12-26-2009, 09:23 PM
That's why there's a pre-season.

Reed and Parrish will be gone next season. They'll get their time.
Pre-season comes after the off-season. We need eval before that if we need to make roster moves.

We cant afford to wait until pre-season to see if Brohm has potential to be our franchise guy for example, we really need a look at that before free agency and the draft.

G Wolly
12-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Or maybe Fewell is just not trying to spell out the offensive gameplan for sunday

:idunno:

trapezeus
12-26-2009, 09:55 PM
here is what we know about this roster. most of the starters are admirable backups. some not such great back ups. the backups, not really NFL material.

A few rookies and 1 year players who aren't getting on the field need to be evaluated, but clearly at this point are not allstar athletes that will just outgame the competition. That means they need to be coached up. This staff ain't getting that done.

my curiousity is to obviously want to see them play, but the truth is, these two weeks mean nothing to anyone. this season needs to die quickly and a new GM and coach need to be assigned so they can get the FA and draft picks in to push the barely startable people into backup roles, and the the trash off the roster.

trapezeus
12-26-2009, 09:56 PM
if i was fewell, i would figure out what everyone's bonus structures are like, figure out who's close to getting bonuses for playing time, etc. and then go to ralph, ask for a % of that bonus or threaten to play everyone so they all earn their kickers.

That's what fewell's got to play for.

MikeInRoch
12-26-2009, 10:36 PM
Fewell's job is to win football games now. It sucks for the future, but I'm not blaming him for doing it.

realdealryan
12-26-2009, 11:48 PM
Brohm-era

BillsWin
12-27-2009, 12:25 AM
Im still not convinced Brohm will start. Fewell is hinting towards Fitz being able to go and that he is still the QB. Regardless, there will be a lot of pissed off fans if Brohm doesnt start.

robgon
12-27-2009, 12:47 AM
We don't need to save them for next season.. we have to know what they have.. play Hardy and Stevie... of course Brohm... Perry its crazy to think he woudl be back next year...he looks better as a coach giving young talent a break!!!

DrGraves
12-27-2009, 12:51 AM
I'm not mad at him, hes trying to keep his job. I'm mad at ralph and the front office for not forcing to play our young talent in order to see what we have... clearly the future is not all that important to ralph.

robgon
12-27-2009, 01:06 AM
Well i hope at least Brohm plays , i declined all my Fiestas de Navidad Partys jus t in hope to seee our young talent paly!!! at least.. i get a good supply of beer an good puertorrican Rum to ease the day !! Feliz Navidad (Merry Chistmas) from a long time suffering fan from Puerto Rico.. !!!!

mybills
12-27-2009, 07:37 AM
wait, what's the problem again?

X-Era
12-27-2009, 08:05 AM
Well i hope at least Brohm plays , i declined all my Fiestas de Navidad Partys jus t in hope to seee our young talent paly!!! at least.. i get a good supply of beer an good puertorrican Rum to ease the day !! Feliz Navidad (Merry Chistmas) from a long time suffering fan from Puerto Rico.. !!!!

How does him playing young guys help him lose it?

Jan Reimers
12-27-2009, 08:09 AM
Fewell must still be laboring under the illusion that he has a chance at the HC job next season.

X-Era
12-27-2009, 08:13 AM
Fewell must still be laboring under the illusion that he has a chance at the HC job next season.
:clap:

Or that losing meaningless games by sticking with your starters, while jeopardizing future ones, will be viewed as impressive to the Bills.

Dozerdog
12-27-2009, 08:22 AM
Unless Fewell is returning- what incentive is it to "try out" other players?

Let's not forget he's "trying out" for employment somewhere next year. Losing by 30 to the Colts by starting talent that find a hard time seeing the field in preseason doesn't help that cause.

X-Era
12-27-2009, 08:25 AM

Let's not forget he's "trying out" for employment somewhere next year. Losing by 30 to the Colts by starting talent that find a hard time seeing the field in preseason doesn't help that cause.

Then the Bills brass should instruct him to do so.

Why should the whole teams future be put on hold so that this guy can audition? Why is Fewell so special that he comes first?

For example, TO is probably not coming back and we all know what he can do. There's a reason to keep playing him in meaningless games?

Jan Reimers
12-27-2009, 08:27 AM
Seriously, though, he probably knows he won't be back in Buffalo, so he is auditioning for a job elsewhere. The better his interim HC record, the better chance he has of ending up with a coordinator's job elsewhere, and the better his overall resume looks for a future HC job.

YardRat
12-27-2009, 08:28 AM
I don't think the young guys need to start, but there is no reason they can't be part of the active roster and see some playing time over the next two weeks.

Jan Reimers
12-27-2009, 08:29 AM

Sorry, Dozer, you beat me to it.

Dozerdog
12-27-2009, 08:31 AM
Then the Bills brass should instruct him to do so.

Why should the whole teams future be put on hold so that this guy can audition? Why is Fewell so special that he comes first?

For example, TO is probably not coming back and we all know what he can do. There's a reason to keep playing him in meaningless games?

What Bills Brass? They also will most likely be job hunting. What's in it for them? Meddling with your coaching staff on a losing team always beefs up a resume'.

If they are staying, meddling with your interim coach's decisions certainly makes prospective hires think twice. Who wants to apply for a coaching job with a team that tells you who to start? It's not like we have a day 1 draft pick riding the pine who didn't have a fair shot at a job. Let's trot out garbage- sure it's different garbage- but garbage non the less

X-Era
12-27-2009, 08:32 AM
Seriously, though, he probably knows he won't be back in Buffalo, so he is auditioning for a job elsewhere. The better his interim HC record, the better chance he has of ending up with a coordinator's job elsewhere, and the better his overall resume looks for a future HC job.

Even better, so the teams future takes a hit so that he can audition for a job elsewhere?

How about this angle:

Fewell is treating this like its an audition for a job he doesn't even consider himself a candidate for. And the Bills are treating it as an audition for a guy they probably don't even want. They still may have not satisfied the Rooney Rule. And the teams future suffers because of all that.

Whats the upside here?

X-Era
12-27-2009, 08:34 AM
What Bills Brass? They also will most likely be job hunting. What's in it for them? Meddling with your coaching staff on a losing team always beefs up a resume'.

If they are staying, meddling with your interim coach's decisions certainly makes prospective hires think twice. Who wants to apply for a coaching job with a team that tells you who to start? It's not like we have a day 1 draft pick riding the pine who didn't have a fair shot at a job. Let's trot out garbage- sure it's different garbage- but garbage non the less

So, why not bench Kelsay or Schobel and put Maybin on the field full time for the last two games. Nic Harris, Ellis Lankster, James Hardy AND Steve Johnson?

These games can basically be pre-pre-season games.

X-Era
12-27-2009, 08:35 AM

Re-reading your post, it seems like you can understand why Fewell is doing it, but not that you agree with it.

EricStratton
12-27-2009, 08:48 AM
Hardy is just a year removed from a major knee injury. Maybe he simply isn't ready, in the eyes of the staff, to be on the field on game day but they want him part of the 53 man roster so he gets reps in practice and feels like part of the team.

Yasgur's Farm
12-27-2009, 10:12 AM
Pre-season comes after the off-season. We need eval before that if we need to make roster moves.

We cant afford to wait until pre-season to see if Brohm has potential to be our franchise guy for example, we really need a look at that before free agency and the draft.100% THE POINT!