PDA

View Full Version : If Leodis had just downed that kick ...

casdhf
12-26-2009, 11:39 PM
where would we be right now?

I'd say 8-6 ... with trent still qbing

we are
12-27-2009, 12:12 AM
chances are....

We get the ball at the 20.

1st and 10 Run Freddy up the middle for 1 yard: 2 min warning

2nd and 9 Run Freddy up the middle for 2 yards: TO Pats

3rd and 7 Run Freddy up the middle for 2 yards: TO Pats

4th and 5 punt the ball, Pats get it probably around their own 30. Brady then continues to exploit Ellison, and they march down the field....1 TO and around 1:30 is plenty of time for them to score.

Our only chance of winning that game was Mckelvin returning that ball and letting the clock get under 2 mins.

BillsWin
12-27-2009, 12:19 AM

You can blame McKelvin all you want, but he wasn't the bad offensive playcalling, the entire cleveland game, the mountains of injuries, the poor quarterback play, the God awful offensive line, the fourth quarter failures, the weak run defense, the lack of production from Aaron Maybin, the lack of production of Marshawn Lynch, the lack of production of Terrell Owens, the fact that Ryan Fitzpatrick was our starter for half the season, the fact that we have had to try 8 different offensive line combonations, Dick Jauron, Alex Van Pelt, the fact that our head coach is now Perry Fewell, the blowout loss to the Dolphins, the fact that we fired our offensive coordinator 10 days prior to the season, that we got rid of our left tackle before the season, the 28th ranked offense in points scored, the 30th ranked pass offense, the worst run defense in the league.

He wasn't any of those things.

Truth is, he was trying to make a play. It was a stupid decision, and he should have done everything in his power to hold on to that football, but he fumbled it.

How many times have we seen one play effect the outcome of the game? It happens almost every week in almost every game!

To say he is the difference between 8-6 and 5-9 is not really relevant.

We would most likely be 6-8.

This team sucks and a lot more has gone wrong than just that one play.

The more I look at how pathetic we were this season, the more I worried I get about how long it is going to take to rebuild this franchise.

DrGraves
12-27-2009, 12:53 AM
We would have won an extra game or two.. It is a shame because I do believe that beating the pats would have carried alot of momentum into the season. momentum and swagger means alot in the nfl these days. every team has talent... good teams show up with their talent playing at 100% every week.

Mr. Pink
12-27-2009, 05:34 AM
we would have lost the Pats game anyways.

mybills
12-27-2009, 07:31 AM
McKelvin's blunder didn't help, but the poorly executed prevent defense is what lost that game. They should have held them to 2 FG's, not give them 2 TD's. :down:

Jan Reimers
12-27-2009, 08:06 AM
6-8.

Dozerdog
12-27-2009, 08:19 AM

We would have retained Dick Jauron, and probably have lost to Kansas City and other teams.

Joe Fo Sho
12-27-2009, 09:27 AM

No way we'd be 8-6 with Trent at QB, we'd sit right where we do now.