PDA

View Full Version : Someone PLEASE explain to me

DrGraves
12-27-2009, 01:01 AM
why does steve johnson get so much love?

He is a 7th round pick. He has done absolutely NOTHING to show any worth or potential in his 2 years in the nfl. he has 12 catches for 100 yards. why do half of all bills fans think he is the second coming of jerry rice???? i am so sick of this nonsense. i hope he becomes a good player like everyone else. but christ.... give it up already... lets be realistic... he is a practice squad player.

i hope he goes for 15 catches and 200 yards tomorrow because i love the bills to death but im also not an ignorant fool.

robgon
12-27-2009, 01:16 AM
Maybe its just Christmas Spirit..!!! But we are suffering for the "Grinch" foul play for 10 years !!!

OpIv37
12-27-2009, 01:17 AM
The thing is that those 12 catches all came playing as a rookie getting very few reps. He's not on the field often, but he seems to make a play every time he is. And as paltry as those numbers sound, they're much better than Hardy, who went a full 5 rounds higher.

Is the guy the second coming of Jerry Rice? most likely not. But he's shown enough to deserve more reps, especially since the rest of our receivers suck ass. I think most of us just don't understand why he's not on the field more when none of our other wr's are doing jack ****.

BillsWin
12-27-2009, 01:19 AM
Steve johnson is a good character, he doesn't get involved with the wrong crowds, he was a pretty good player in college, scouts had him going in the fourth and up, but he slipped to the seventh. He has the size and physical attributes to be a good nfl WR.

why wouldn't you root for the kid?

Add in the fact that when he actually got some quality play time his rookie year he did very well.

Although, the dreads kind of made the character. But they are gone.

BertSquirtgum
12-27-2009, 01:33 AM
who gives a **** if he was drafted in the 7th round? so was marques colston. give this kid a chance. i think he could be very good, if given a chance.

we are
12-27-2009, 01:41 AM
No one is saying he is Jerry Rice...he's just better than Josh Reed.

He has as many TD's in his rookie season as Reed does in three years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MzOIC8NJr4

Any idea who that CB is for the Jets there???

G Wolly
12-27-2009, 02:12 AM
He's gotta super sweet dreads and wears #13 as a WR.

SUPER AWESOME OVERLOAD!

But srsly. I'm a Stevie Fan.

Mr. Pink
12-27-2009, 05:34 AM
The mere fact that people on this site constantly push for a no name joke of a 7th round pick WR to see the field so much speaks volumes about just how bad to average our wr corps are.

Even though there's about 15 million tied into 2 guys at the position.

Seriously what has Steve Johnson shown since he's been here that he gets all this love? I must have missed it somewhere.

The even worse part is the Josh Reed bashing, he has about as many catches as Lee Evans has over the past 3 seasons. But on top of that, he also blocks and goes over the middle.

Philagape
12-27-2009, 07:52 AM
why do half of all bills fans think he is the second coming of jerry rice????

Why do half of all Bills fans talk like this?

Jan Reimers
12-27-2009, 08:05 AM
After 10 years of mediocrity, we all need something to cling to. For some, it's Stevie Johnson, for others it's a more realistic alternative - booze.

X-Era
12-27-2009, 08:16 AM
why does steve johnson get so much love?

He is a 7th round pick. He has done absolutely NOTHING to show any worth or potential in his 2 years in the nfl. he has 12 catches for 100 yards. why do half of all bills fans think he is the second coming of jerry rice???? i am so sick of this nonsense. i hope he becomes a good player like everyone else. but christ.... give it up already... lets be realistic... he is a practice squad player.

i hope he goes for 15 catches and 200 yards tomorrow because i love the bills to death but im also not an ignorant fool.

Liking Johnson and wanting to see what he's got in a meaningless game makes people ignorant fools?

X-Era
12-27-2009, 08:17 AM
He's gotta super sweet dreads and wears #13 as a WR.

SUPER AWESOME OVERLOAD!

But srsly. I'm a Stevie Fan.

He shaved them.

dannyek71
12-27-2009, 09:14 AM
If he was really that good, don't you think the coaches would have had him starting over josh "butterfingers" reed?

X-Era
12-27-2009, 09:16 AM
If he was really that good, don't you think the coaches would have had him starting over josh "butterfingers" reed?

Fewell? No.

T-Long
12-27-2009, 09:18 AM
How can you not root for Steve Johnson? The guy has produced whenever given the opportunity. There is no reason he shouldn't be getting a look, especially with Owens and Reed likely gone next season. We'll have Evans, Hardy (who hasn't played all year), and who knows if Parrish will be on this team. So that leave Johnson as a possible slot guy. HE NEEDS TO SEE THE FIELD so we know what we have. I don't care what round he went in, Brady was a 6th rounder. Enough said.

G Wolly
12-27-2009, 09:47 AM
He shaved them.

:(

Well being #13 is still SUPER AWESOME

Throne Logic
12-27-2009, 10:43 AM

Please remember that when you say "the coaches", you are referring to the Bills coaching staff. . .

Ground Chuck
12-27-2009, 08:21 PM
Steve johnson is a good character, he doesn't get involved with the wrong crowds, he was a pretty good player in college, scouts had him going in the fourth and up, but he slipped to the seventh. He has the size and physical attributes to be a good nfl WR.

why wouldn't you root for the kid?

Add in the fact that when he actually got some quality play time his rookie year he did very well.

Although, the dreads kind of made the character. But they are gone.

Wasn't he one of the guys in the car with Marshawn when he hit that fat chick?

So much for Mr. Character.

Akhippo
12-27-2009, 08:29 PM
I guys all those FOOLISH pats fans that wanted T Brady to play should have turned in there fan cards. Heck, what can a 6th rounder due that the starting first rounder cant. Why would you root for a talented player to get playing time. Thats unfan like.

mark1126
12-27-2009, 08:51 PM
whats with this "root for" stuff, are you a cheerleader because someone is a nice guy who works hard??? lol..omg...I rather have a nasty bad ass that takes it to the house or moves the chains...hardy and johnson couldnt even make another team in the NFL, stop even mentioning their name!!!!!!! A clue for you..you will know the Bills are getting better when their names aren't on the roster..ok?