PDA

View Full Version : Dear Russ, please give Kevin Colbert a call

X-Era
12-27-2009, 08:41 AM
You see, Cowher has been contacted by the Buc's and Bill has already said that he wants Colbert as his GM wherever he goes. Getting Colbert would help pave the way for trying to get Cowher. And even if we failed, Colbert is a good GM anyways.

The Buc's have a GM already, and a Head Coach, so they have some work they need to do before they can make a serious play at him.

We have no permanent Head Coach, and no GM. So, we could make a move on Colbert much quicker.

You might want to pick up the phone and get the ball rolling. When you need to pull a fast one to get what you want, you need to pull out all the stops to make it happen.

Get a real plan, and get on it.

SquishDaFish
12-27-2009, 09:13 AM
Thats what I wish would happen. Cowher is hands down my alltime fav coach besides Marv

X-Era
12-27-2009, 09:14 AM
Thats what I wish would happen. Cowher is hands down my alltime fav coach besides Marv

Latest word is that the Panthers may not want Cowher, but the Bucs might.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/27/report-cowher-would-be-interested-in-bucs-job/

T-Long
12-27-2009, 09:16 AM
I think when they talk to Cowher, he will express this to them and the Bills have to say, we will hire anyone you want and give you full control, plug big bucks, and there MAY be a chance he will come.

X-Era
12-27-2009, 09:18 AM
I think when they talk to Cowher, he will express this to them and the Bills have to say, we will hire anyone you want and give you full control, plug big bucks, and there MAY be a chance he will come.

Nice positivity!

T-Long
12-27-2009, 09:21 AM
Nice positivity!
Haha I thought you'd like that!

Like I said before, there is no one who wants Cowher more than me (with reasons I expressed last night) I just think life isn't that fair for all of us for that to happen. But, you brought up a point where I def. think we could have a shot.

One last thing....most of us here know what's best for the team, why in the HELL the front office doesn't? More than half of the moves they make we all know is going to blow up in their faces and then it does a few years later! It's just crazy to think how knowledgeable guys on here are, but yet Ralph has these clowns running the show. It blows my mind.

shelby
12-27-2009, 09:34 AM
i want so much to be positive, but let's face it: we haven't had a big name head coach in Buffalo since Wade Phillips :ill:.....i think we'll see the front office choose another no-name HC that i'll have to Google to find out who the :shelby: they are.

T-Long
12-27-2009, 09:35 AM
Wade Phillips

Yuck.

Well, at least he led us to the playoffs.

X-Era
12-27-2009, 09:36 AM
Haha I thought you'd like that!

Like I said before, there is no one who wants Cowher more than me (with reasons I expressed last night) I just think life isn't that fair for all of us for that to happen. But, you brought up a point where I def. think we could have a shot.

One last thing....most of us here know what's best for the team, why in the HELL the front office doesn't? More than half of the moves they make we all know is going to blow up in their faces and then it does a few years later! It's just crazy to think how knowledgeable guys on here are, but yet Ralph has these clowns running the show. It blows my mind.

I don't think its that they dont know what needs to happen. I think, like Eb said, that we have screwed our reputation at this point and that the job may not be very attractive at all.

I don't have the accounting books, but I also wonder if we continue to look like a team that wont/cant compete monetarily.

At that point, without enough reputation, and without enough money, how can you expect to compete for a big name guy?

All that said, I hold out hope that a) our rep isnt as bad as many think, b) our financial situation is good enough, and c) that we will make an offer on par with any other team out there.

Thats a lot to hope for, but hope is all I have at this point.

Im truly convinced that it will only take a massive change by adding a huge, proven, Football guy into the mix, to move our momentum back to winning.

And I also think that all the other versions have bee tried here with no success:

Unproven GM, unproven HC- Butler and Wade- failed
Proven GM, unproven HC- Donahoe and Williams/Mularkey- failed
unproven GM, retread HC, Marv and Jauron- failed

The only thing we haven't tried since Marv was HC, was to have a HC with a SB ring.

X-Era
12-27-2009, 09:40 AM
i want so much to be positive, but let's face it: we haven't had a big name head coach in Buffalo since Wade Phillips :ill:.....i think we'll see the front office choose another no-name HC that i'll have to Google to find out who the :shelby: they are.

Im not so sure.

We just lost out on Shanahan. If it were me, and I was hell bent on landing a big-namer, I would figure out why we lost, and up the ante.

If Ralph is truly serious, and I could see that he is, he may make an offer someone cant refuse.

The next "trigger" is for Kevin Colbert to get hired somewhere. I hope its here. That could pave the way for Cowher.

T-Long
12-27-2009, 09:45 AM
Let's hope the Steelers lose to the Ravens today so they will officially be out of the playoffs and we can interview Colbert immediately following the Colts game.

shelby
12-27-2009, 10:35 AM
Adam_Schefter (http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter) (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/)
Word around the league is that Bill Cowher is poised to return to the sidelines in 2010. Potential landing spots: Tampa Bay and Carolina. 3 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter/status/7093837005) from web

(via twitter)

X-Era
12-27-2009, 10:36 AM
Chris is saying what we hoped would be said; that Cowher wont talk to ANYONE until after the season.

With the "dream job" in Wash all but locked up, we can be in the mix with Cowher just like everyone else.

"According to LaCanfora, Cowher has taken the position that he took with the Bills when approached by Buffalo, that he will not interview with any NFL club until the regular season is over."

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2009/12/27/cowher-has-tampa-calling/

shelby
12-27-2009, 10:37 AM
If the Glazers want him in Tampa badly enough, they will come up with the money.

X-Era
12-27-2009, 10:41 AM
If the Glazers want him in Tampa badly enough, they will come up with the money.
If our offer stand as good as reported and extends to Cowher, we will be in the mix.

Buc's have the problems we have, and a GM.

Bucs and Carolina have GM's and HC's that must b e let go. They must also follow the Rooney Rule.

If we were smart enough, we could strike fast.

Carolina supposedly isnt interested.

Michael82
12-27-2009, 11:33 AM
Well...we had a chance to hire a GM that the coach wanted first (Bruce Allen), but the Bills chose not to. If it's true that Cowher wants Kevin Colbert to be his GM, I would make the first move and offer him our GM job. Give him the money he wants...then lure Cowher with $10-11 million per year. :up:

Nighthawk
12-27-2009, 11:55 AM

I recently received an email from Chris Brown and this is what he said. The Bills will either hire a "big name" head coach and an "up & coming" GM or they will hire a "big name" GM and an "up & coming" head coach...but not both will be big names. That is what Chris Brown has been hearing.

X-Era
12-27-2009, 11:58 AM
I recently received an email from Chris Brown and this is what he said. The Bills will either hire a "big name" head coach and an "up & coming" GM or they will hire a "big name" GM and an "up & coming" head coach...but not both will be big names. That is what Chris Brown has been hearing.

In my mind, Colbert is not a big name GM, so the Colbert/Cowher thought would seem to fit his profile.

trapezeus
12-27-2009, 12:00 PM
why doesn't ralph just sell the team? if he can't have both, then what they hell is he in this for? clearly not the money or he'd have moved the team a long time ago, not the wins or else he would have put a real nfl structure in place years ago, and clearly not hte long term viability for buffalo or he'd put a plan in place to keep it here

This is his little toy and he loses interest and then gains interest so quickly.