PDA

View Full Version : i think brohm is playing well

djjimkelly
12-27-2009, 02:30 PM
the kid has doen everything asked so far

both long balls a bit off i think TO should have made a better effort on the pick.

however.....

this kid looks better then any qb playing here in last 4-5 years

and thats including my boy JP

and hes doing it with NO O LINE

BILLSROCK1212
12-27-2009, 02:31 PM
i think he earned himself a start next week

SeatownBillsFan21
12-27-2009, 02:32 PM
Yeah i like him

Beastie Bills
12-27-2009, 02:33 PM
He's looked ok. I can't expect any better with our terrible OLine and totally predictable play-calling.

Run-Run-Pass-Punt, Run-Run-Pass-Punt, Run-Run-Pass-Punt.

Michael82
12-27-2009, 02:33 PM
I like a lot that I've seen from him today, especially when you consider how horrid our OL is.

ddaryl
12-27-2009, 02:45 PM
he looks ok given the circumstance... but can he improve and look more comfortable next week.

Ou rOL is pathetic, and the coaches on the O side haven't done anything for this offense.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-27-2009, 02:50 PM
long ball is crap

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-27-2009, 02:51 PM
man this team is ghutless

Nighthawk
12-27-2009, 02:56 PM
He's looked OK, not great, not bad. He doesn't have a lot to work with and the coaches aren't exactly putting him in a position to be successful throwing the ball, but he's done OK for his first start. I like his recognition of plays and how quickly he gets rid of the ball...plus, he looks to have a pretty good arm and is able to the ball to WRs on out patterns...something Edwards struggled mightily with.

Philagape
12-27-2009, 03:00 PM
The Buffalo Dictionary

Well (wel): adv., adj. 1. Mediocre; somewhat competent. 2. Not completely horrific or embarrassing. 3. Ordinary; able to do what should be expected of every NFL starter. 4. In no way able to be a part of building a playoff team.

Don't Panic
12-27-2009, 03:02 PM
He hasn't looked frazzled, and that's about all we could hope for. If he plays like this in the cold, I think he warrants being in the picture next July.

BillsWin
12-27-2009, 03:05 PM
He hasn't played awful. Considering the situation, I'd say he's performed admirably. I'd like to see a touchdown though. Poor kid.

Nighthawk
12-27-2009, 03:14 PM
He hasn't played awful. Considering the situation, I'd say he's performed admirably. I'd like to see a touchdown though. Poor kid.

I would have liked to see the kid play a few more games and then judge him. It's just too hard to tell if he has what it takes from just two games under center. Hey, but that's what happens when you have a crappy management in place...they don't know what the hell they're doing.

Don't Panic
12-27-2009, 04:31 PM
I would have liked to see the kid play a few more games and then judge him. It's just too hard to tell if he has what it takes from just two games under center.

True, but these two games serve as a much truer test than what you'll get out of prospective draftees. Atlanta came to play this week, as will Indy if they beat the Jets.

HHURRICANE
12-27-2009, 04:41 PM
the kid has doen everything asked so far

both long balls a bit off i think TO should have made a better effort on the pick.

however.....

this kid looks better then any qb playing here in last 4-5 years

and thats including my boy JP

and hes doing it with NO O LINE

I think some of you deserve the **** Ralph puts on the field. The guy had a 43 QB rating today.

Do you watch any other teams besides the Bills?? You would realize how bad Brohm, and the team played today if you did.

HHURRICANE
12-27-2009, 04:42 PM
The Buffalo Dictionary

Well (wel): adv., adj. 1. Mediocre; somewhat competent. 2. Not completely horrific or embarrassing. 3. Ordinary; able to do what should be expected of every NFL starter. 4. In no way able to be a part of building a playoff team.

Awesome post. The thread however is moronic.

2 ints and a 43 QB rating people.

PECKERWOOD
12-27-2009, 04:44 PM
I think some of you deserve the **** Ralph puts on the field. The guy had a 43 QB rating today.

Do you watch any other teams besides the Bills?? You would realize how bad Brohm, and the team played today if you did.

No fuggin kidding, how people can still be delusional homers is completely beyond me..

djjimkelly
12-27-2009, 04:45 PM
The Buffalo Dictionary

point taken

however...

i saw enough out of this kid that with 5 weeks in buffalo he is the first guy who i saw hitting outs a couple slants and some curls with regularity.

he did try to hit TE a couple times in rhythm i hope we get a real TE soon

anyway i saw more out of him today then i have in any in a long time here

without a real playbook or real coaches

Mr. Pink
12-27-2009, 04:47 PM

My sentiments exactly.

djjimkelly
12-27-2009, 04:48 PM

i was looking at potential and ball placement and so on.

the pick to owens BIG deal TO didnt try to break it up and come on the kid has no experience with any of these wrs the deep ball is forgiven

the out that got picked BIG deal again at least he can throw it (sadly no qb has been able to in some time on the bills

considering how poised he was for most part i was impressed next week will tell more

kernowboy
12-27-2009, 04:50 PM
Awesome post. The thread however is moronic.

2 ints and a 43 QB rating people.

Awful for an experience veteran he is being compared to ... but hey wait

1) He's in his first start ever
2) He's got an atrocious OL getting worse by each play - was Fitz's blindside covered by Aaron Ramsey
3) Today there was zero running game ... at all
4) He had senior players like Owens quitting on the team

Brady and Manning would struggle to have a great QB rating under all those circumstances

HHURRICANE
12-27-2009, 04:57 PM
Awful for an experience veteran he is being compared to ... but hey wait

1) He's in his first start ever
2) He's got an atrocious OL getting worse by each play - was Fitz's blindside covered by Aaron Ramsey
3) Today there was zero running game ... at all
4) He had senior players like Owens quitting on the team

Brady and Manning would struggle to have a great QB rating under all those circumstances

He is a 2 year veteran in the league. He's not a rookie. This was his chance to prove he can play. He showed nothing. Edwards, and for that matter Fitzpatricks seasons were over back in February when the FO decided an o-line wasn't important.

jmb1099
12-27-2009, 06:00 PM
He is a 2 year veteran in the league. He's not a rookie. This was his chance to prove he can play. He showed nothing. Edwards, and for that matter Fitzpatricks seasons were over back in February when the FO decided an o-line wasn't important.

ridiculous post.

Technically he is a two year vet... realistically he's a first time starter. He had one week to work with the first team and has been with the team a mere five weeks
To say he showed nothing is an ignorant statement.
1) He showed he can read defenses as he hit numerous hot routes
2) He showed he can make plays under pressure completing numerous passes with defenders in his face
3) He consistently threw the ball to receivers and dumped off when nothing was open down the field
4) In relation to point three: He regularly went through his progressions with the unfortunate exception of that last interception when he telegraphed Evans all the way
5) He continued to get more comfortable as the game wore on... and made all the throughs with the exception of the long ball

No need to re-discuss the oline, anyone who would argue that it was anything other than especially awful today doesn't deserve bandwidth here

In short, it was one game, his first professional start, with one week to prepare for a system that sucks anyway with a team that has sucked all year. Sober up before you post

WeAreArthurMoates
12-27-2009, 07:01 PM
I thought he played well. Clearly looked better than any qb we've seen this year.

bflojohn
12-27-2009, 07:42 PM
You sir (HHurricane) are a waste of typing space! Brian Brohm showed a live arm and was zipping the out route with ease. His poise was outstanding in light of a Division 3 O-line in front of him. The high point was his willingness to include Lee Evans into the offense, and THAT was a long time in coming!! The truth is that he played admirably with a rag-tag group and made the very best of his situation. Heck, he even lead a scoring drive, and that in and of itself is a minor miracle, due to a glaring lack of talent. The INT in the endzone was blatant neglect to care by a prima donna athlete who's quit on this team! The other was a sensational play by the Atlanta corner, and Brohm will learn from it. On the contrary HH, the young man did JUST FINE. Put a bonified NFL team around him and THEN we can talk!!
Note: He definately put himself in the hunt for 2010.

Ground Chuck
12-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Based upon the plays that were called, I couldn't tell if he was the next Kelly or the next Marangi.