PDA

View Full Version : Want a Franchise qb ?

justasportsfan
12-27-2009, 03:15 PM
bring in this guy for HC. He'll either find one or develop one. He'll know what to do with lee, Hardy, Nelson, Lynch and Jackson or maybe even TO

besides, he's already wearing bills colors.

http://www.allcoachnetwork.com/trestman/news.html

Nighthawk
12-27-2009, 03:18 PM
No, if you've followed the NFL long, then you know that he has not been too successful as an OC in some stops. He is not the right coach for this team...no emotion, no fire and no experience as HC in the NFL...which equals no respect from players. We need a guy who brings an aura with him and that the players will respect right from the get go.

Novacane
12-27-2009, 03:18 PM
We can do better.

justasportsfan
12-27-2009, 03:27 PM
No, if you've followed the NFL long, then you know that he has not been to successful as an OC in some stops.

PROFESSIONAL HIGHLIGHTS

2002-Offensive Coordinator/QB Coach, Oakland Raiders

* AFC Champions (Super Bowl Participant)
* AFC Western Conference Champions
* #1 Offense in the NFL for all 16 weeks of the 2002 season
* #1 Passing Offense in the NFL
* Coached NFL MVP Rich Gannon (67.8% Completions: Pro Bowl)
* NFL Record for pass attempts
* NFL Record for 300-yard passing games (10)
* 6 Consecutive 300-yard passing games
* NFL Record for consecutive completions in a game (21)
* Coached Jerry Rice to Pro Bowl (104 catches)
* Tim Brown (94 catches) Charlie Garner (108 catches)

1998-Offensive Coordinator/QB Coach, Arizona Cardinals

* 1st Playoff win for Cardinals in 51 years over Dallas
* Jake Plummer (3,700 yards passing, Pro Bowl Alternate)
* Adrian Murrell (1,250 yards rushing)

1997-Quarterback Coach, Detroit Lions

* NFL Playoff Participant
* Coached QB Scott Mitchell to 3,484 yards passing
(2nd highest in Detroit history)
* Barry Sanders (2,000 yards rushing season)

1995-96-Off. Coordinator/QB Coach, San Francisco 49ers

* 2 Playoff Appearances (25 wins in 2 years)
* #1 Pass Offense (1995) in the NFL (#2 in total offense)
* #2 Pass Offense (1996) in the NFL (#6 in total offense)
* Steve Young (1995: 66.9% comps, 1996: 67.7% comps)
* Coached Jerry Rice to 122 catches, 1848 yards and NFL Record 15 TDs in 1995
* Jerry Rice (1995-96) 230 catches for 3,102 yards (Pro Bowl 1955-96)
* 1995 coached QB Elvis Grbac to 3 300-yard passing games
* 1995 NFL leading 644 pass attempts

1988-89-Off. Coordinator/QB Coach, Cleveland Browns

* 2 Playoff Appearances
* 1989 AFC Championship game appearance
* Youngest Offensive Coordinator in the NFL
* Bernie Kosar, QB (1989 Pro Bowl Alternate)
* Webster Slaughter, WR (1989 Pro Bowl)
* 1989 Pro Bowl Coaching Staff
* Coached Bernie Kosar and Gary Danielson
* Coached Mike Pagel and Don Strock in 1988
(Playoff Appearance)

* QB coach during the 1988 season only.

He is not the right coach for this team...no emotion, no fire and

http://www.canada.com/sports/Discipline+details+shape+Trestman+Alouettes/2268594/story.html

no experience as HC in the NFL...

neither did McDaniels and Sean Payton.

Lets face it , we aren't getting Shany. No one wants to coach the bills in his calibre.

which equals no respect from players.
http://www.calgaryherald.com/sports/Trestman+transition+wins+over+skeptical+players/2281985/story.html

We need a guy who brings an aura with him and that the players will respect right from the get go.read his bio.

The only time he failed was with the fins the year Wanny quit

Nighthawk
12-27-2009, 03:28 PM
Hey, if you like him...fine, but don't you think there is a reason that he hasn't been offered a HC position in the NFL yet?

justasportsfan
12-27-2009, 03:28 PM
We can do better.
no one with a name wants to coach here.

justasportsfan
12-27-2009, 03:29 PM
Hey, if you like him...fine, but don't you think there is a reason that he hasn't been offered a HC position in the NFL yet?

Maybe this is the time.

Nighthawk
12-27-2009, 03:31 PM
Maybe this is the time.

I hope not...I know all about him, I don't want him here.

SeatownBillsFan21
12-27-2009, 03:32 PM
Im listening

justasportsfan
12-27-2009, 03:34 PM
I hope not...I know all about him, I don't want him here.

You do ? You implied he's a failure offensively did you not?

Nighthawk
12-27-2009, 03:36 PM
You do ? You implied he's a failure offensively did you not?

Trust me...the stats that you provided do not tell the entire story. I've been an NFL fan for 25 years, I know what he's done and not done. I know when he's been criticized and I know when he's done good things. Through all of it, there has never been serious consideration given by any NFL team to hiring him as an NFL HC. That speaks volumes about the guy...some coaches are just better as coordinators...he's one of those people...IMO (and obviously all the rest of the NFL).

justasportsfan
12-27-2009, 03:37 PM
Im listening

he's been a part of several offenses through the years. As a qb coach he's been very successful. Fairchild, Shonert and AVP never had any success at that level and we all see what's become of this team offensively under Dick.

Trestman has had more success as an OC than Dick has as a DC. Like Dick he's supposedly as stickler for details but proves it and produces on the field .

Novacane
12-27-2009, 03:39 PM
Big name or current NFL assistant I still say we can do better. He does not excite me at all.

justasportsfan
12-27-2009, 03:40 PM
Trust me...the stats that you provided do not tell the entire story. I've been an NFL fan for 25 years, I know what he's done and not done. I know when he's been criticized and I know when he's done good things. Through all of it, there has never been serious consideration given by any NFL team to hiring him as an NFL HC. That speaks volumes about the guy...some coaches are just better as coordinators...he's one of those people...IMO (and obviously all the rest of the NFL).

Who's our option when it comes to coaches with HC experience?Fassel? Billick? Hasslett?

Big name or current NFL assistant I still say we can do better. He does not excite me at all.
Cowher , Shanny, Shotty, aren't coming.

You must not be tired of crappy offenses since Kelly left.

Mr. Pink
12-27-2009, 03:41 PM
Trestman will find his way back into the NFL at some point, it may not be this year, and he will succeed again. Like he's always done at the NFL level.

I'd be all for bringing him in especially since we all know we ain't getting a big name coach.

justasportsfan
12-27-2009, 03:44 PM
I'd be all for bringing him in especially since we all know we ain't getting a big name coach.

The only thing that Trestman doesn't have in his resume' is that he hasn't handled the defensive unit like McDaniels did and that scares me. But he's had success abiet at the CFL level. Then again, Marv came from the CFL and Trestman was with Marv then.

Novacane
12-27-2009, 03:46 PM
He's the offensive minded Dick Jauron. I'll be majorly depressed if he is brought in here.

Mr. Pink
12-27-2009, 03:47 PM
The only thing that Trestman doesn't have in his resume' is that he hasn't handled the defensive unit like McDaniels did and that scares me. But he's had success abiet at the CFL level. Then again, Marv came from the CFL and Trestman was with Marv then.

He'd just have to hire a strong defensive mind in.

Romeo Crennel would fit that mold at DC as an example.

justasportsfan
12-27-2009, 03:51 PM
He'd just have to hire a strong defensive mind in.

Romeo Crennel would fit that mold at DC as an example.
I agree. More importantly a good GM. He went to the CFL knowing nothing but took his team to the championship in his 1st year and won it in his 2nd.

justasportsfan
12-27-2009, 03:52 PM
He's the offensive minded Dick Jauron. I'll be majorly depressed if he is brought in here.
dick wishes he had trestmans success.

Novacane
12-27-2009, 03:54 PM
OMG................ Trestman and then make it worse by bringing in Crennel as DC. Just hire Perry Fewell is that's the plan.

Novacane
12-27-2009, 03:56 PM
Crennel rode BB's coattails to a HC job. He's worthless IMO.

Mr. Pink
12-27-2009, 03:58 PM

He's not a good HC but he has a good defensive mind.

Like Gregg Williams, terrible HC, good defensive mind.

Some guys just aren't cut out to be head coaches, Crennel is one of them.

justasportsfan
12-27-2009, 03:58 PM
OMG................ Trestman and then make it worse by bringing in Crennel as DC. Just hire Perry Fewell is that's the plan.
I'm not big on Crenel but I agree that we need to find him a DC which is why a GM is important.

If we had half a decent O we'd most likely make playoffs with this D

Nighthawk
12-27-2009, 03:59 PM
He's not a good HC but he has a good defensive mind.

Like Gregg Williams, terrible HC, good defensive mind.

Some guys just aren't cut out to be head coaches, Crennel is one of them.

How do you know? That defense in NE was all Belicheck...can you even name the DC who is there now?

Novacane
12-27-2009, 04:03 PM
How do you know? That defense in NE was all Belicheck...can you even name the DC who is there now?

Said what I was going to. I don't want any DC from NE. They are basically just a figurehead.

Mr. Pink
12-27-2009, 04:03 PM

Actually, yes, I can...Dean Pees.

Look at how the defense has declined since Romeo left NE.

But yeah, he had nothing to do with that, right?

Nighthawk
12-27-2009, 04:05 PM

OHHHH, so the Pats defense declined because of coaching, not the fact that they got older or traded away their best player...Seymour? However, you continuely post on this board that coaching isn't a big deal and you need to have players to make plays or the coaching doesn't matter? Am I correct?

Novacane
12-27-2009, 04:07 PM

Look at the players that have left or gotten old. Bruschi, Vrabel, Seymour, Harrison, Samuel, McGinnis, etc. Aren't you the one who says it's about the players not the coaches.

Keep Romeo away from Buffalo.

justasportsfan
12-27-2009, 04:09 PM
Said what I was going to. I don't want any DC from NE. They are basically just a figurehead.
Denver is top 3 in the league in their first year under McDaniels while they we 29th last year under Shanny which is why I don't think Shanahan is all that.

Novacane
12-27-2009, 04:09 PM
OHHHH, so the Pats defense declined because of coaching, not the fact that they got older or traded away their best player...Seymour? However, you continuely post on this board that coaching isn't a big deal and you need to have players to make plays or the coaching doesn't matter? Am I correct?

You beat me again :snicker:

Mr. Pink
12-27-2009, 04:10 PM

Coaching has something to do with it yes...when you have talent to begin with. The 2005 Pats weren't much different on paper than 2004, and declined.

Now they've really declined because they've lost their leaders...Seymour, Vrabel, Bruschi, Harrison.

This defense we have now is worse than 5 years ago because of talent, not coaching. No coach would coach up this talent to a top defense as it stands right now. Nor would any coach, coach up the talent on offense to be an average NFL offense let alone top.

It's not a black and white discussion. If you don't have talent it's hard to evaluate the coaching. Coaches can only do so much with the players they have on the field.

Mad Bomber
12-27-2009, 04:10 PM
Then he is PERFECT for the Bills. Let's keep the status quo...

Night Train
12-27-2009, 05:24 PM
Let's allow the off-season play out before telling us all good candidates will reject us and 4th level choices are the only answer.

Trestman = 50,000 empty seats.

DrGraves
12-27-2009, 05:29 PM
You need an O-line before you can get/make a franchise qb

justasportsfan
12-28-2009, 10:09 AM
You need an O-line before you can get/make a franchise qb

I agree. A coach with an offensive mind can build that OL.

I want Trestman as OC to say the least. I'm tired of not having a qb or an offense

chernobylwraiths
12-28-2009, 10:31 AM

Well, god did retire this year.

Mr. Pink
12-28-2009, 05:33 PM
I agree. A coach with an offensive mind can build that OL.

I want Trestman as OC to say the least. I'm tired of not having a qb or an offense

Trestman's offenses have always been fun to watch.

And as much as I want to win ballgames, I also want to be entertained.

With Trestman I know the fanbase will be entertained once he gets a few players to work with.

TigerJ
12-28-2009, 06:47 PM
Personally, I'm kind of intrigued by Trestman. I don't have a sense that the Bills are all that interested though.